Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So unfortunate here.  Hazard is trash and should be sold in the summer.  Road goal is big for the blues and look to take a 1-0 win at home in March.  

MOTM for Chelsea has to be either the newcomer Baba Rahman or Dave Azpilicueta.  Both contained the flanks and forced PSG up the middle....where they proceeded to dominate.  

Could easily see Chelsea going through with that away goal.

This one could've gone either way in the end, Chelsea lucky not to concede 4 or 5 but I say that so much with them they may do it on purpose.

You seen the clip of Ibrahimovic and Klopp at some dinner with the Swede saying 'When you gonna' sign me?' 

Hail. 

*Watching Benfica for this Renato Sanchez everyones supposedly interested in. 

We had 3 Munchen Gladbach players in last week. Xahka may be done soon, too. :)

Loved how during the window Klopp said "I can try and get whoever I want... like if I wanted Zlatan Ibrahimovic, I'd ask for him.  We might not be able to pay the money but I have the last say".

Said a lot to me that he chose to say Ibra instead of CR7 or Messi.  Love me some Ibra.

Pep apparently wants the Swiss. Only one winner there if so. 

Hail. 

Could do with an upgrade for Henderson but I'm fine rolling with Emre Can as the other, and Stewart looks like a player so far. 

But I'd be surprised to see Jordan Henderson in an LFC shirt this fall.

I think we'll surprise even me with some of the moves we make this summer.

Could do with an upgrade for Henderson but I'm fine rolling with Emre Can as the other, and Stewart looks like a player so far. 

But I'd be surprised to see Jordan Henderson in an LFC shirt this fall.

I think we'll surprise even me with some of the moves we make this summer.

Henderson? Be totally shocked if that happens to be honest. As big a critic of him as I am (still think he's just a decent, hard working player), I do acknowledge he's improved a heck of a lot his time here and he looks integral to the way Klopp wants to play. 

With better quality around him I think you'll see Henderson really flourish under Klopp. 

Shouldn't be the captain thought by any stretch of the imagination. That needs changing. 

Hail. 

Henderson? Be totally shocked if that happens to be honest. As big a critic of him as I am (still think he's just a decent, hard working player), I do acknowledge he's improved a heck of a lot his time here and he looks integral to the way Klopp wants to play. 

With better quality around him I think you'll see Henderson really flourish under Klopp. 

Shouldn't be the captain thought by any stretch of the imagination. That needs changing. 

Hail. 

Yeah, he was early in the  year, but he's been straight doo doo since the plantar faciaitis kicked in a couple of months ago. 

Hard to play any sport with that injury, and it's noticeable with Hendo in his recent form.

Yeah, he was early in the  year, but he's been straight doo doo since the plantar faciaitis kicked in a couple of months ago. 

Hard to play any sport with that injury, and it's noticeable with Hendo in his recent form.

I think we rushed him back to soon down to having nobody else. 

He needs a decent rest. Least there's more options to swap and change now. Although Allen and Stewart down doesn't help. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Right, and most of those were leverage moves by Bayern to get those players from Dortmund.

And Real has bought Ronaldo and Bale in the last 5-6 years alone lol. :lol:

They also bought Kovacic for almost as much as we gave up for Benteke... to groom him.

Don't do it, RR.... don't do it.

. I don't like pointless transfers. If you go out for a player use them. I hate seeing the talent that wastes on the bench at like Madrid. If we want to make a major splash then do it. Just don't waste money for a player you ain't gonna play.

Speaking of Madrid it's so cool when you see clubs that outwork you succeed against the powerhouses like Barca and Real. A Madrid just busts their asses every game. Perfect example that heart can compete with talent.(I've gained a soft spot for the non power Spanish clubs like A Madrid, Valencia, and Sevilla that find ways to be successful)

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Simeone and Chelsea would be perfect for each other. 

Hail. 

Was just about to say this, just not with the tongue-in-cheek!

Simeone to Chelsea would do wonders for my beloved squad.  Simeone appears to get the most out of his team no matter what.  And if he brings Griezman with him I'd be extra happy.

Atletico getting too thuggish for my liking.

I think you have to bring a physical presence to compete with Barca and Real. You won't beat them against two technically gifted teams. Maybe it's cheap occasionally but you have to be gritty to throw them off. Bayern was physical with them in 2013 when they won 7-0 in the semis. Sure they beat them on technical too but they just straight manhandled them physically.

If anyone can get this to GHH, this may help during the match today:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/augsburg-vs-liverpool-bundesliga-club-create-scousegerman-translation-guide-for-away-fans-a6879721.html

Augsburg vs Liverpool: Bundesliga club create 'Scouse/German' translation guide for away fans

Many of the phrases are ones which a young Liverpool fan taught German-born manager Jurgen Klopp in a viral video

Liverpool’s forthcoming Europa League opponents Augsburg have offered travelling fans a ‘Scouse to German’ translation guide ahead of Thursday’s first leg at the WWK Arena.

The Bundesliga club’s Twitter account published the handy infographic with a message to travelling Kopites: “A little something to help our @LFC friends out & about in Augsburg, and perhaps even #Klopp back at home.”

Many of the phrases are ones which a young Liverpool fan taught the club’s German-born manager Jurgen Klopp in a viral video last year.

http://twitter.com/FCA_World/status/699909031654248448/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Edited by btfoom