Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

If we could even fundamentally defend you would of lost so be happy with that outcome from an absolutely awesome game of football. 

Fantastically fun night. Great effort in adversity and a well deserved point that could well of been 3. Taken him long enough but when Firmino turns up boy does he turn up! Thought Milner had his best game thus far down the left. Ibe needs to sort out his end product. You're a regular now kid. No 'still developing' excuses. Need more from yer. The downside was Sakho and Toure all over the place at the back and Mingolet's positioning as bad as ever. And it became disjointed the final third when Benteke came on and stood like a ****ing mong the edge of the box as per. All the more bizarre to not move again as it was ****ing freezing in the sleet and snow. 

Hail. 

Was leaving this alone until you felt need to follow into DC United thread.  

LOL @ thinking drawing at the death vs Arsenal is a great result.  Firmino scores 3 in more than half a season and suddenly he's some sort of football god.  Relying on Christian "I'm a human statue" Benteke to be your top striker/savior.  Nice buy!

BTW, if Giroud could hit a ball off his knee in the second half, or any of another 2 or 3 great chances, the game is put to bed midway through the second half.

So, why was this draw not good enough for Klopp to run down and celebrate with the Kop?  You still haven't addressed when he will and when he won't.  So, will a 0-0 draw vs United be enough for him to run and celebrate?

But hey, that's what clubs of your type do, scratch out draws at home, sign 3rd division players, and revel in drawing against teams approximately 200 places below you in the table during a Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Capitol 5 League Cup away match.  Sorry, missed that match, was Jurgen celebrating that one with the fans. :D 

You'd know man having lost to Arsenal already this season.  :D.

Hail. 

So that's all you got. After getting thrashed several times, all you got is that Bayern lost to Arsenal, at the Emirates, in a match that meant ZERO to Bayern, you can't come up with anything more than that.  This thread is about as competitive as Bayern vs Pool - NOT at all.

Bayern, by the way, are still in the UCL, while you play in Europa League (and as of this point, wish you will be there next year, as 9th is pretty far down).  No celebration last match????  Notice our manager doesn't feel the need to run on the pitch after a draw.

By the way, you keep avoiding the question, so I'll ask it in a simple Yes/No fashion. Which ones need a win and which ones are a draw acceptable for Klopp to run and jump into the 30 or so Kop fans left at the end of the match (by the way, left the home matches in BOLD so you can make that determination).  We are all so waiting to see which ones to look forward to the celebration with the fans, you know, like with the mid-table draw a couple weeks ago.

Does Klopp rush the field and run to the supporters if you win/draw (or heck, just play decently, you know, like a 5 year old kids side) the following matches:

Sun - 17               Manchester United        H

Wed - 20             FA Cup  Exeter   H            

Sat - 23               Norwich               A            

Tue - 26              Capital One Cup               Stoke City          H

Tue - 2                Leicester              A                                            

Sat - 6                 Sunderland        H                            

Sun - 14               Aston Villa           A                            

Thu - 18              Europa League  Augsburg             A                            

Thu - 25             Europa League  Augsburg             H                            

Sun - 28             Everton                                H                                            

Wed - 2             Man City              H                                            

Sat - 5                Crystal Palace    A                                            

Sat - 12              Chelsea                                H                                            

Sat - 19              Southampton    A                                            

Sat - 2                Tottenham         H                                            

Sat - 9                Stoke City           H                                            

Sat - 16             Bournemouth   A                            

Sat - 23             Newcastle          H                            

Sat - 30            Swansea              A                                            

Sat - 7             Watford               H                                            

Sun - 15                West Brom         A                             

We NEED the answers.

So that's all you got .....

I wasn't aware you were playing an infantile tit-for-tat game again. My bad. 

I was just making a naturally connection to Arsenal after you dissed them on the irony in that with you having lost to them already this year. Shrugs. 

On the Arsenal game .....

1010828d1452844223t-liverpool-thread-690

The ref really should of stopped the game on Arsenal's first equaliser. That's the mandate now isn't it? Any head injury and play gets stopped immediately? Big clash of heads. Giroud down for the count. Sakho stumbling around seeing stars. What more do you need? The fact Sakho didn't do the smart thing and go to ground like Giroud shouldn't come into it. 

Not so much bothered it was allowed to stand as the subsequent defending and goalkeeping was real poor. (Although Sakho was a part of that.). 

Just continues to be disturbing how officials STILL aren't IMMEDIATELY stopping the game when there's a threat of a head injury and concussion after a clash like that. To not put too finer point on it, football, as much as they say the right things on the concussion issue; are a sport that continues to put players lives at risk out on the field.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

None of the LFC goals were bad keeping from Petr were they?

Like I said, all but that 3rd goal for Arsenal were from a disgraceful Mignolet showing.

And you want to minimize the effect that Bobby Firmino has on the attack when both my brother and I have been talking about how "he's not the best 9 for it but he's the best 9 on the team for it" for weeks?

We have a talented midfield, but Benteke does nothing for them.  Origi and Firmino both provide movement, which allows the midfield to shine.

But since this post makes sense, you may just ignore it, too.

So, 2-1 LFC at the WORST if we have a decent keeper, and yet you talk about "if Giroud were lucky Arsenal run away" :lol:

I think they're luck was plenty with the first and second, my friend.

You'd know man having lost to Arsenal already this season.  :D.

Hail. 

Even Brendan got something from the Emirates. :lol:

• Like 1

Giroud finishes that chance after the second goal and we would have washed you lot by 3 goals....

Anyways, my soccer knowledge is still growing but , Man U- LFC is my favorite non Arsenal match to watch

The pregame environment is always crazy

Can't wait

The one Ramsey is stood offside in front of Mingolet? That one?  ;).

But enough of that. Onto Sunday's encounter as you mentioned ......

Being as 3-3 is the current score of the week for both teams, let's enjoy the original two 3-3's. 

First Kenny's great '88 side (Biggest regret in football for me. The European ban depriving that side of what would doubtless of been 2 or 3 more European Cups. That side against Sacchi's Milan of the 3 Dutchmen would of been a purists wet dream); surrendering a 2 goal lead to 10 man Utd Easter Monday '88. Funny before the game when they had our players run down the Utd fans the Anny with flowers, and Utd run down the Kop with footballs in a vain attempt at peace. (Hostilities were particularly bad at that time between both sets of fans. And that day was murder after with Everton out looking for Utd too. Happy Easter indeed ..... ). Only for all the balls they kicked in the Kop to come raining back down at the Utd players and Utd fans refuse the flowers the other end. 

And then one of the best ever Premiership era games as we came back from 3 down against eventual Champions Utd in one of the single best atmosphere's I've ever witnessed the old place. Even the Manchester Evening News was gushing about the noise and flares on the Kop. Which from the MEN and that absolute tit Meek at the time was high praise indeed. Remember Scmeichel coming down the Kop before kick off and not looking up at all until he went to move some bog roll out the area and just gave a little glance. (not what starts the clip. Just before that the other side.). And his face was drip white with fear with upwards of 20 thousand baying for his blood! Then Robbie missed a sitter early, and suddenly we're three down within 20 minutes! Then Nigel Clough reappeared after going AWOL for about 3 months and the rest is history. Felt like winning the League, European and World Cup rolled into one coming out after that lol. 

If the game Sunday is even a quarter as good as those two affairs we'll be in for something REALLY special.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Normally hate the Utd game. (Just get too nervous and been bitten too many times over the years when we haven't deserved to be.). 

But really confident we'll lick them Sunday. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet with that meff in goal but something like 3-1. Firmino must be sky high on confidence the minute and if we start like we did Wednesday and carry that momentum over, with the crowd as buzzing, we might well put these back in their place.

Be very disappointed if we don't as this is a very average Utd side,

Hail. 

haha... look what i found at the end of the liverpool/manu article on espnfc:

BT Foom · Baltimore, Maryland

LOL, mid-table teams make a 'great' rivalry.

These are 2 mediocre teams that play bad football. Most likely a 0-0 draw. If that is great to you, then I feel for you.

Like · Reply · 5 · 11 hrs

Rahul Rossi · ICAI

You are really a joker.Judging a rivalry by table positions.

Like · Reply · 8 · 11 hrs

Stain Murat · Works at Self Employed and Loving It!

You're clueless!

Like · Reply · 4 · 10 hrs

Shreeraj Shah · Chicago, Illinois

As opposed to what? A place where there's no competition. You beat 2 of your top "rivals" Dortmund and Wolfsburg 5-1 each. Nobody cares to watch that joke of a league that's over before it's begun.

Like · Reply · 14 · 9 hrs

Andrus Kungla · Tartu Kutsehariduskeskus

Has an FC Bayern's logo as profile pic, starts talking about PL biggest rivalry.

You stupid or what?

Like · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs

Ezana Seyoum · Works at Cross Timbers Family YMCA

Get this dummy out of here he's hammered. Probably jealous cause Bayern doesnt have any kind of real rivalry

Like · Reply · 2 · 9 hrs

Chris Nørgaard · Owner at Self-Employed

This little guy has jumped on the Bayern bandwagon LOL. And why are you a Bayern fan? I know exactly why...

Like · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs

Vern Xiong

Silly coming from a Bayern fan.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Redz Pool

Shut the **** up because Bayern doesn't got no competition over their....u think people going out their way to watch a bundes liga match has they would have done for a la liga or and epl....I watch every league but the German league is the second to last just above French league 1

Like · Reply · 4 · 3 hrs

Power Ranger

Puittt classless league (although i got so much respect towards german, almost everything, including gerd muller)

• Like 2

Interesting learning today that Ferguson wanted Klopp to replace him at Utd and sounded him out back in 2013. 

Never knew that. 

Hail. 

I didn't either.  Thought that was really interesting.

You don't have a hair on your Scouse ass if you don't bring a "Chosen One" banner tomorrow.

haha... look what i found at the end of the liverpool/manu article on espnfc:

BT Foom · Baltimore, Maryland

LOL, mid-table teams make a 'great' rivalry.

These are 2 mediocre teams that play bad football. Most likely a 0-0 draw. If that is great to you, then I feel for you.

Like · Reply · 5 · 11 hrs

What's even more funny, is that literally EVERYONE is telling him the EXACT. SAME. THING.  And he lets it roll right off like they're hating or something :lol:

Great find, brother.

Once again always the ref/fergie's fault.

Ahem... cause you never do that

I see Boston gave us 20 mil for January and we're in on Shane Long and Inaki Williams?

How much of this is bull ****?

Presume that's rhetorical and we don't have to say any more on that.

This is one of the best managers in the World. Not some tinpot Iriishman learning on the job and failing miserably.

Sooner journo's both realise that and understand that all our business is back to being in-house and the sooner they'll hear about anyone s when he chooses to tell them the better.

Hail.

• Like 1

Presume that's rhetorical and we don't have to say any more on that.

This is one of the best managers in the World. Not some tinpot Iriishman learning on the job and failing miserably.

Sooner journo's both realise that and understand that all our business is back to being in-house and the sooner they'll hear about anyone s when he chooses to tell them the better.

Hail.

I'll take the Williams kid.  Youngest to 10 goals this year in La Liga and can tear ass down the wing upwards of 23 mph?  Yes please.

I'm all set on Shane Long, though :lol:

I didn't either. Thought that was really interesting.

You don't have a hair on your Scouse ass if you don't bring a "Chosen One" banner tomorrow.....

'Chosen One' LOVE IT!

Kind of pisses all over their rhetoric that Klopp f-ed up and should of waited for a 'big' club. Bless their delusional, inbred, f-ed up hearts.

Hail.

• Like 1

Friendly word of warning to any, oh, say trolling Munich fan who might think he's being a smart ass tomorrow .....

'Hate' is a horrible emotion. And there's not many things in this World I can honestly say that about. But I ****ing hate Utd and their fans. Like SERIOUSLY hate them. I hate the fact the lowlife inbred ****s are even in my City for a couple of hours on a day out from their Salford ****holes.

So I'm gonna' be in a real ****y frame of mind tomorrow and will probably jump down anyone's throat and rip them a new one who gets in the way of that. Throw in I shall of consumed quite a bit of alcohol by the time I get back from the game and, well , you get the picture.

Apologies in advance. This game is just NOT the one to **** with me. Even in jest.

Thank you all. Continue on.

Hail.

• Like 1

If true Shane Long would be a pretty good signing. Good depth player and a lot better than what ye have in reserve in that position at the moment. Always been very underrated imo.

Only if it was a loan. Completely pointless signing players as emergency stop gaps who will be on decent wages and say 2/3 year deals who won't be important members going forward. 

We've Ings to come back. Origi whom Klopp seems to really think will develop into something. And hopefully Sturridge. If we're looking at off loading Benteke the summer and getting in another top class replacement, it'd be fool hardy to sign someone who isn't that now IMHO. Any January signing needs to be that calibre of player or a short term stop gap loan. 

The same way he went down that road with Caulker with longer term targets to come the next window and beyond. 

Too many managers at Anfield have spent too many years filling the squad up with similar or slightly better talent than what they had. A big reason we've been in the position we've been in for too long now. 

But, mercifully, that's changing now we have a World class manager running the show. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Long is a lot better than Ings though and offers more in general play than Benteke. Who knows about Sturridge at this stage. Admittedly have not seen enough of Origi.

Don't think Long would be a stop gap player tbh. I get your point though. I'd be trying to get a proper goalscorer in too if I was Klopp.

• Like 1