Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Finally sorted. 

Thu- Sat. A friend dropped on a brilliant, cheap flight that wasn't even showing elsewhere on an Asian airline direct to Munich from up here. Train to Augsburg. Night there. Looks a real nice little place. Friday/ night in Munich.  Back via Stuttgart late Saturday afternoon. Train's are dirt cheap in Germany. 

Home game kicks off at 6 so this will be the later one which helps going on the day. Ding dang do.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Maybe I could get them a memento from Munich or some ****?  :P.

Hail. 

Just take a selfie in front of Allianz Arena and post it here.

Hope you enjoy the trip - sounds great.

When I've seen them play, they seem to enjoy playing a more open style and not park the bus. Should be a fun tie for Pool (and Klopp coming back to Germany will make the atmosphere great).

• Like 2

Maybe I could get them a memento from Munich or some ****?  :P.

Hail. 

Like ownership papers? :lol:

Just take a selfie in front of Allianz Arena and post it here.

Hope you enjoy the trip - sounds great.

When I've seen them play, they seem to enjoy playing a more open style and not park the bus. Should be a fun tie for Pool (and Klopp coming back to Germany will make the atmosphere great).

Everyone I know who has been stationed in Germany has gone to at least one match there.  They said they absolutely loved it but the ticket prices were a bit ridiculous.

Atmosphere is crazy.  I may end up that way in a year or so.  Hopefully not (not for Bundesliga reasons, for other reasons), but if I did I would probably take a game or two in.

Vardy is just so fun to watch.

(and of course hazard slinks off beforehand)

He's in some kind of form isn't he?  Has that whole city in his hand.

LOVED the way he got them all together to thank the home support the way he used to at Dortmund and brought them, as a group down the Kop. 

LOVE the way oppo fans have been fuming today and trying to diss a simple thank you gesture from a fella' steeped in the importance of a club/ fan bond at Dortmund just trying to forge one here. The Klopp jealousy grows by the week. Just sitting back and laughing at it all safe in the knowledge they'd ALL take him in a heartbeat. 

THAT'S why you stay the duration. Unity. 

​All after going nuts the touchline the equaliser trying to raise even more noise. 

Said it before and got mocked. But Liverpudlians know. He is the new Shankly. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/_Pky56nKX7/

Hail. 

• Like 2

Uh oh... we get to take you to song school!

Ohhhh goodie! *Jumps up and down excitedly .....

Let's start with a simple one for the new Messiah and Austria's 'finest' Opus and their uber catchy 1985 classic (and the only thing anyone actually remembers them for :lol: ) 'Live is life' .....

Now, take that chorus, 'Live is life, LaLa, LaLaLa'; and (slowly), turn it into Jür-Gen Klopp, LaLa, LaLaLa; Jür-Gen Klopp, LaLa, LaLaLa.'

TRUST me, when it's rolling properly like at City and for 10 minutes solid at Sion last week it sounds ****ing fantastic. But it needs to be the right slow pace. A few other games like Southampton frigging idiots have belted it out like they were on crack. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Vardy is just so fun to watch.

(and of course hazard slinks off beforehand)

Leicester are fun period right now. Always liked Ranieri, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. And the fun his players are having under him this year is shining through. 

But for me, the real refreshing and brilliant thing about Leicester with their great counter attacking this year, and the vast majority of teams now come to that; is sides are playing for wins and trying to score goals. As opposed to sitting and playing for a point. Win one of 3 games, you've got the three points it takes three drawn games to achieve. And improved your GD in so doing. It's not rocket science.

Absolute bellend managers like Pulis and Allardyce are mercifully becoming less and less. Pulls is the complete anti-football manager who's game is so archaic '80's/ '90's Wimbledon are embarrassed for him. 9 behind the ball at all times, packed with big bruisers looking to win a set piece who just launch it down the other end. And Allardyce is little better. It's effective. But it's beyond horrible to watch with no quality at all.

A few years ago, you had over half the league playing that way and dragging the overall standard down. But now, outside of those two knobheads, I'm struggling to think of anyone else that does on a regular basis. SO refreshing to see teams like Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham getting back to their roots, Stoke who've improved ten fold in their approach since they ditched Pulis for Hughes et all; going out, playing football and having a darn good go at winning games.

And the BPL is SO much better for it again.

Hail. 

yikes... i was trying to WAY overthink that. shoulda known better...ha!

Learn this one and it's all down hill from there.  This is the one you'll hear more of home and away.  We'll get into "Poor Scouser Tommy" next year.  That one is next level and we still haven't seen jobaga since we tried to teach him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es0QN7ZTsPk

You'd think that Leicester and Chlesea should be reversed in pretty much every way.  You'd think...  Glad to see a club like that doing well.

Blackburn now undefeated in eight games, slowly climbing the ladder.

So many are waiting for Leicester to fall off... they really haven't looked like slowing down at all.

Watford is sitting 7th in the table right now.  Curious to see if that continues with European football down to the knockouts.

So many are waiting for Leicester to fall off... they really haven't looked like slowing down at all.

It will come down to depth/injuries.  If they have key players go down that will be tested.  I haven't watched them at all this year so I don't know who that would be outside of their top scorers.  Though if they have injuries there then they'll want Tom Lawrence back from Blackburn and that would suck for us.

• Like 1