Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

@Futbol_Agent_: BREAKING: Real Madrid accepted a £40M bid for Benzema. His agent is in talks with Arsenal. Move looks likely. #AFC #RMFC

Nope. Not getting my hopes up. Nope. Nopeeeeee

Can't find any confirmation over here right now. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Do me a favour A and make that link clickable. 

NM. Found it. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Theo is our striker. Between him and Giroud we have two 30 goal/20 assist strikers. But Benzema is a good option if we have an injury. 

We'd never be worthy to have the Lyonian Eusebio wearing our kit.

Edited by Elessar78

Theo is our striker. Between him and Giroud we have two 30 goal/20 assist strikers. But Benzema is a good option if we have an injury. 

That cocaine tho

• Like 2

You know what I think of KB. Arsène is good but stubborn (like most of alsacians :)), he must give up on his french players connection if he wants to win the CL.

Heard Lazio is interested in Sakho.

he must give up on his french players connection if he wants to win the CL.

Exactly. Like I've said before, his best spell coincided, more or less, with the height of french footballers this side of Platini. There are other factors, but that's a big one. I mean who's the best French player at the moment?

Exactly. Like I've said before, his best spell coincided, more or less, with the height of french footballers this side of Platini. There are other factors, but that's a big one. I mean who's the best French player at the moment?

Can't name one :unsure::lol:

Our problem is that we've got too many players with great potential but they are all plagued by inconsistency such as Varane, Sakho, Matuidi. Therefore and so far, they're failing to meet expectations. Others are just a bunch of pricks who seem to care more about their haircut (hence their new nickname from les Bleus to the haircutters) than pulling a real effort and hanging in there.

We'll see what Pogba will do, so far the only guy who never give up is Valbuena.

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 7m7 minutes ago

Liverpool will imminently announce the £32.5m signing of Christian Benteke after he passed a medical today. (Source: Di Marzio)

LFC Fans Corner ‏@LFCFansCorner 8m8 minutes ago

So Benteke's medical is all done and dusted.

Way to blow £32.5 million on mediocrity that doesn't suit a footballing side Brendan. Sighs. 

Well, it's you neck on the line. 

Wonder how high Chelsea is going to go for Stones. Don't want to sell him but if we do quite a return on the 3 million we spent.

Word locally is anything topping what City paid for the French fella' last year will be enough. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Way to blow £32.5 million on mediocrity that doesn't suit a footballing side Brendan. Sighs. 

Well, it's you neck on the line. 

Word locally is anything topping what City paid for the French fella' last year will be enough. 

Hail. 

We need to continue to build our depth if we want to be consistent, so if they do sell him they better use all of it to build up the squad.

'Big' club my pasty white ass!

Hail. 

I haven't really watched soccer all that long, but I remember City (and Chelsea) being middle of the pack clubs.  I mean back around when I started they (City) were in the old 2nd Division and a little before that down in the 3rd.  Nothing wrong with that per se, but it annoys me to see these clubs/fans that ignore their history.

Edited by Old Bay
  • Like 1

I haven't really watched soccer all that long, but I remember City (and Chelsea) being middle of the pack clubs.  I mean back around when I started they (City) were in the old 2nd Division and a little before that down in the 3rd.  Nothing wrong with that per se, but it annoys me to see these clubs/fans that ignore their history.

Take away Arab money and that's exactly where City would be again. 

Enjoy your 'big' club Raheem. 

Hail. 

Wonder how high Chelsea is going to go for Stones. Don't want to sell him but if we do quite a return on the 3 million we spent.

They are going back with a £30M bid. I'd think that will do it. Good business for both clubs IMO.

Rovers signed their first of the season on a free named Sacha Petshi, a defensive mid, formerly of Bastia.  You seen him play FrFan?  His outting against Accrington Stanley was impressive (I know I know, tis Stanley).  Bowyer's done well in finding diamonds in the rough so I'm hopeful.

Edit:  Ok, he played for CA Bastia and not SC Bastia.  So my attempts at insider knowledge here has dwindled...

Edited by Old Bay

It's kinda sad, but it could be Benzema. Ribery, if healthy? Crazy that 22 year old Pogba has a claim on it too. 

KB is overrated he's benefiting from other efforts at Madrid. See him with France, he's plain putrid, never makes an effort to get the ball back after a turnover, worst of all he's a quiter. Ribery is a prick in his head but he never got down without a serious fight, unfortunately he's been plagued by back problems.

As you mentioned if healthy he's still got a lot to give even at 32.

Pogba is insanely talented I wish him well, but I can't scratch off the african inconsistency from the back of my mind. I hope he'll have a career ala Drogba or Vieira on this matter.

The talent is there in France we lack discipline and boot camps !

Edit; according to italian sports medias Arsène made a bid for KB worth €45 millions !

The very same KB who can't stand Giroud and is always pushing hard (Deschamps) to keep him on the bench.

If these rumors are right I don't know what Arsène is smoking ?

Edited by FrFan

Rovers signed their first of the season on a free named Sacha Petshi, a defensive mid, formerly of Bastia.  You seen him play FrFan?  His outting against Accrington Stanley was impressive (I know I know, tis Stanley).  Bowyer's done well in finding diamonds in the rough so I'm hopeful.

Edit:  Ok, he played for CA Bastia and not SC Bastia.  So my attempts at insider knowledge here has dwindled...

Accrington Stanley? Who are dey? EXACTLY!

Hail. 

• Like 1