Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Raheem Sterling not being suspended was a joke. If he wasnt and England golden boy, he woulda been suspended. Absolute joke, but thats the England Football Association.

Ehh hype tends to generate over time. Delph came into the team at Leeds and was our best player straight away. This was before the media started to create any real hype about him. 

The media has only really started to talk about him being a real top 4 capable talent since he was man of the match in his first start for England last year. 

Said it all when he hardly even got a mention when Hodgson was picking his World Cup squad. Delph should've made the squad in my opinion.

I, here in America, heard about Delph back when he was at Leeds. There were a bunch of national English papers talking about Delph as a potential England great back then. He got the hype. There was talk of United and Arsenal going in for Delph. One of those teams probably would have signed had [redacted] not overpaid for him to goto Villa.

I, here in America, heard about Delph back when he was at Leeds. There were a bunch of national English papers talking about Delph as a potential England great back then. He got the hype. There was talk of United and Arsenal going in for Delph. One of those teams probably would have signed had [redacted] not overpaid for him to goto Villa.

Aye he got the hype after a prolonged run in the team. I was just saying that from the moment he slotted in to the team every Leeds fan knew he was going to be special. The media hype then started to build as you've mentioned. Think Newcastle had a bid turned down before we sold him to Villa. Was a terrible deal, full of clauses which for the most part have been bought out. 

The hype died down for a couple of years when he struggled with injury. Then the media hopped back on the bandwagon when he got himself fit again and won player of the year for Villa last year. 

• Like 1

Why would Gerrard announce he's leaving 6 months in advance and cause such a stir in the middle of a season where the team is fighting for their lives? Does anyone else not see a problem with that?

Oh and how about this tweet from Podolski? Epic. I laughed hard at this.

Lukas-Podolski.com @Podolski10 Jan 1

#lies #facts #stormgate #poldi pic.twitter.com/BOo7iEhlA7

B6QxPM_CAAECVvK.jpg

pretty funny tweet from podolski.

as far as his skills have declined, it's tough to see gerrard leaving. we don't make that run last year without his leadership- you know he was working his ass off behind the scenes keeping the mad genius of suarez focused on the practice field an on game day and taught him how to be a pro (biting aside). i think he knows that his age has caught up with him and that his skill isn't enough to keep him as a productive fixture on the starting XI. it'd be far worse for his legacy to be trotted out onto the pitch out of loyalty and hold his team back (both in results and in grooming a new midfielder).

BBQ- i think he's announcing now to allow the media to flame white hot over the next 10 days and then burn itself out. if he didn't announce, it would be a constant issue for the rest of the season- why hasn't the captain resigned- over and over again. THAT would have taken away more focus than anything. i'm sure the locker room and the lfc management have known for quite some time and have chosen this time for a specific reason. it's a sad day and big news no matter when it happens. i think this timing may be the best overall- ripping off the band aid, so to speak.

• Like 1

Lavezzi has officially blown a gasket. Late to report to training camp he wants to quit.

"Once I leave football, I will definitely stay away from it The worst? The inside environment fueled only by interest. All is not as it is shown from the outside ",  blasted the Argentinian, ready to start a fight with some people ...

Following Cavani, now PSG got a problem with Motta's attiture in the locker room and his lack of commitment for the team's off the field activities.

Edited by FrFan

Echo reports that Liverpool lead the Berihino derby and Spurs have moved on to another target, but signing Berihino is contigent upon getting rid of the midget Italian striker who refused to go to Sunderland in August... so MTF.

Of course the usual suspects from PSG are also mentioned, Lavezzi and Cavani. 

If Rickey Lambert can't have an effect on AFC Wimbledon - I'm through.

Not that I wasn't before... but this guy has got to go.  He missed a ****ing penalty shot in Charlotte and now he can't even get in against a League 2 side... lol

If rumours are to be believed he may well be on Rodgers radar. 

But he shouldn't be. 

Nothing special at all in Delph and he brings nothing better than the (in the main) mediocrity we possess. 

It's like the Arsenal fans with Danny Welbeck. Who's now running at 1 in 4 and showing yet again just how average a talent he is. 

ANY young Englishman gets hyped out of all proportion because there is NOBODY like a Gerrard or Lampard coming through. Barkley's about the most promising but he's struggled mightly since his return from injury/ second season et all. 

Delph is just another in a LONG line of over hyped English mediocrity IMHO. 

Hail. 

I watched Delph as a young player at Leeds as he came through our Academy into the first team back when we were in League 1. He was part of the team that got promoted to the Championship and then sold on to Villa.

He is a really good young player  - good range of passing, very mobile. He's not the biggest but he's strong for his size and is willing to stick his foot in and mix it up though is tackling is not his strength and gets him into trouble with yellow and red cards. I'd say he would be an improvement on someone like Joe Allen at Liverpool but he is not close to being in the class of a Gerrard or Lampard though.

• Like 1

Chelski has signed Nicolas Tié 13 years old 6-1 GK ! Journalists are not allowed to shoot interview him on radio or TV. The transfer fee is €200,000 , he'll be eligible to play when he'll be 16.

In England you cant sign pro forms until you are 17 and transfers of players from foreign countries within the EU are not possible until the player is 16 when he can sign on a 2 year apprenticeship with their academy. Hence I assume why this deal is only able to go through when Tie turns 16.

In England you cant sign pro forms until you are 17 and transfers of players from foreign countries within the EU are not possible until the player is 16 when he can sign on a 2 year apprenticeship with their academy. Hence I assume why this deal is only able to go through when Tie turns 16.

He's already theirs, ManU and Arsenal can't touch him. He'll be officially transfered when he'll be 16. Now he's spending his vacation time in their training facility in Cobham and every trimester they send Hilario to supervise him.

Edited by FrFan