Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lots of curiosity about this John Beck guy...

IceBlue33

Now there's a religion I could get into...

Really? I don't know, that's five times the work. Plus, you know they're going to talk to eachother; and who are they going to be talking about? My dumbass, that's who. I'll stick with one. Can you imagine a Mormon's honey-do list? God bless them for trying. that must be rough. I also don't think polygamy should be illegal. If you're that much of a glutton for punishment, isn't that enough? Then again, if you're crazy enough to want five wives, maybe you are certifiably insane and need to be locked up.

Steve Young

Took me a while, but I figured it out...wanted to say Peyton because I knew he went 3-13 in his first season but the TD's/INT's didn't match up...

Ooo cause Young was out of BYU also, right?

It always annoys me when people try to draw comparisons or conclusions about players just because they come from the same school (ex: any LB out of Ohio St these days has to hear about all the LB'ers from there recently have underachieved. It's mostly true, but meaningless).

Ooo cause Young was out of BYU also, right?

It always annoys me when people try to draw comparisons or conclusions about players just because they come from the same school (ex: any LB out of Ohio St these days has to hear about all the LB'ers from there recently have underachieved. It's mostly true, but meaningless).

Agreed man I understand Young was from BYU but Beck and Young are nothing alike. Young was a scrambler who made plays with his feet along with his arm. Beck is strictly an arm guy. Yeah he has mobility, but your not going to see him break off a 50 yard TD run.

Agreed man I understand Young was from BYU but Beck and Young are nothing alike. Young was a scrambler who made plays with his feet along with his arm. Beck is strictly an arm guy. Yeah he has mobility, but your not going to see him break off a 50 yard TD run.

Well thanks for ruining my mancrush D&S :(

There is no comparison between Young and Beck except that when I hear people say that X player is a bust It makes me look at the reasons. Young is the perfect example. He did great in LA at the Express then sucked bad in TB. Then becomes a HOF QB in san fran.

People are quick to conclude based on bad performances in bad situations (Steve Young in TB and Beck in Miami/Bal) Beck has all the tools to succeed in the right situation, but the only question is if he will show the intangibles to make the jump. Only time will tell. Miami and Baltimore tell us nothing.

Thus the reason I like him as a Skin. Perfect set up for him. Well, minus the line. He needs a solid line to really excel.

Oh yeah. And anyone who knows anything about football knows that John has a very high Football IQ and reads defenses better than 80% of the QBs out there.
:ols:

You must be talking about someone else, as this guy is up there in BYU history as one of the best of all time. Not even that, I think he has some NCAA records as well.

He CARRIED that BYU team for a few years, on his back. Campbell was carried by Caddy and Ronnie Brown when he was in school.

Any further thoughts on Beck's present ability to lead a NFL offense?

It was only one game, but he had a pretty rough start.

Any way to get CB back from the Raiders??:pfft:

Seriously, Beck looked much worse than Colt ever did. (Chase, either.) And it wasn't all on the line - when Beck was able to get a throw off without being touched, the ball was nowhere near where it needed to be.

He is slow. Can't read defenses. Takes hard hits. Freezes like Campbell used to do.

He could be average, if he had a stellar team around him, that can carry him.

He doesn't lead. He has to be carried.

This about sums it up. I should be a NFL scout.:pfft:

From his first snap with the Dolphins, he always appeared slow(both physically and mentally.) He is clumsy. The speed of the game just seems to be faster than he is.

We have been down that road over the last four years. Here's hoping to never going down that road again.

I dont know how much you can take away from last night when he had no clue what he was doing. He's only been on the team, what, a week?

Practice is practice, and playing the game is playing the game.

I take away a lot. He's been getting high praises in practice, and he's had to play in reg. season games as a backup (but he played horribly) to Cleo Lemon in Miami. Where's Cleo Lemon now? CFL.

So in comes Beck to a Redskins preseason game. For a backup QB who's had actual game experience, he should have looked better than a rookie regardless of how much of the playbook he knows. He should be able to at least act like he knows what he's doing at worst. Does he?

As to him being here for only a short time? He wouldn't have been put into any game at all if the coaching staff felt that he didn't know enough to get by on. Vanilla plays at that. If you don't believe me, then why did he get the nod over Bartel, who's been here from day one of the Shanny's tenure?

I have to agree with others here that the sad thing about this whole situation is that Brennan had to get bounced to make room for this bum. I was looking forward to seeing him perform like he did in his rookie year.

We should trade him to the Raiders for Colt Brennan....

If you wait about 4 weeks Brennan will almost certainly be a street free agent. There is a pretty good chance Beck will be as well if he does not show a lot more than he did last night.

Beck was with the Dolphins when they played the Giants over here in London. He looked lost in pre game warm ups then and had trouble hitting receivers against air. I'm happy to be proven wrong I don't see Beck as being worth a roster spot.

Archived