Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lots of curiosity about this John Beck guy...

IceBlue33

Any further thoughts on Beck's present ability to lead a NFL offense?

It was only one game, but he had a pretty rough start.

No further thoughts. he was great in college, his first game as a skin sucked ass.

Nothing more to see:ols:

I'd be shocked if he made the team after that performance.

As to him being here for only a short time? He wouldn't have been put into any game at all if the coaching staff felt that he didn't know enough to get by on. Vanilla plays at that. If you don't believe me, then why did he get the nod over Bartel, who's been here from day one of the Shanny's tenure?

Bartels' gotta hammy. Only had 3 QB's. Unless we wanted to see Rex play 50 minutes. Rex looked good last night for the most part. Shanny's had no choice but to put Beck in, they were out of QB's. Beck certainly looked like he had no clue what the hell he was doing out there last night. Hopefully next week we see some Bartel, and maybe Beck can learn a few plays in the interim.

No further thoughts. he was great in college, his first game as a skin sucked ass.

Nothing more to see:ols:

I'd be shocked if he made the team after that performance.

:cheers: No worries. I too, saw at least a few of his games in college.

Then I saw him in Miami. You should have seen some of the faces from the coaching staff as they watched their draft pick try to play.:ols: Absolutely classic.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/preseason-schedule/with-little-time-to-prepare-be.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

With little time to prepare, Beck did what he could against Bills

Just calling plays, lining up in the correct formations and not turning over the ball in Friday's preseason opener against Buffalo were important feats for John Beck, the newest member of the Washington Redskins. Beck had all of 10 days to learn enough of a foreign scheme to orchestrate the offense on Friday night.

And he's far from mastered offensive system, devised by coordinator Kyle Shanahan and Coach Mike Shanahan.

"It's tough because I think that the playbook that I have been studying is also limited because they knew I was only going to be here for so many days before the first game and they just wanted me to have the base stuff down," said Beck, who completed 2 of 7 passes for 27 yards in six series. "Some of these things these guys talk about in meetings are still foreign language to me. I'm still trying to learn all those things."

*click link for more*

Yea he was laughably bad. But he's only been with the team for a week. If he doesn't show significant improvement by the 3rd preseason game we need to look for a different 3rd QB.

I'd be much happier not keeping a 3rd guy on the roster. Use that spot for a WR or HB.

I'd be much happier not keeping a 3rd guy on the roster. Use that spot for a WR or HB.

You can't be serious Conn, I thought you were my boy? Can't you see I gotta mancrush on this guy, and now you're talking about cutting him after 1 preseason game. You know he was working with 3rd string O right? You know he didn't have a chance to learn the plays or the system right? I can't believe you'd say that man!

J/K Conn :D

I agree with you, don't only cut his ass, put him in a cannon and fire him in oaklands direction. We have more pressing issues attm then a 3rd string Qb.

Let's be realistic. The Ravens traded Beck for a corner that was not likely to make the Redskins opening day roster.

Beck has a slight frame and appears to have limited arm strength.

His sidearm motion leads to knockdowns and tipped balls which can be a killer.

It will be interesting to see if Shanahan keeps 3 quarterbacks with the depth at some other positions.

But to me Beck looks very limited in re his upside.

• 8 months later...
Let's be realistic. The Ravens traded Beck for a corner that was not likely to make the Redskins opening day roster.

Beck has a slight frame and appears to have limited arm strength.

His sidearm motion leads to knockdowns and tipped balls which can be a killer.

It will be interesting to see if Shanahan keeps 3 quarterbacks with the depth at some other positions.

But to me Beck looks very limited in re his upside.

Hold on their pilgrim, maybe you didn't see this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=dHBy7uIV_iE&feature=relatedand

• 5 months later...

Archived