Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Politician in Redskins country lied about playing for Cowboys

MattFancy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Politician-in-Redskins-country-lied-about-playin?urn=nfl-261541

Michael Vaughn is a member of the Maryland House of Delegates and represents Prince George's County 24th district, an area which includes FedEx Field, the home of the Washington Redskins. Despite living in deep in the heart of Redskins country, Vaughn boasted on his website that he played for the Dallas Cowboys for three years.

Big mistake.

A recent investigation by Dave McKenna of the Washington City Paper uncovered the fact that Vaughn never set foot on any field wearing that famous Cowboys star. Through a spokeswoman, the Cowboys said there is no record of Vaughn ever playing for them or any other NFL team.

Bigger mistake.

This dude seems like an idiot

The article had a glaring omission...

Democrat.

If he had an "R", the article would've mentioned it more than twenty times. Just saying.

Anyway...just tell the truth. What is it with politicians (yes, dems and reps) who feel the need to lie and falsely enhance their credentials? Hardly an election goes by without some candidate committing this faux pas.

why on earth would you lie about playing for the cowboys in redskins country?

[fake Chinese accent]

Ah, so. Clever political strategy.

Politician know that lie will be discovered. Now politician get rots of free publicity, and all publicity says is "I am not, nor have I ever been, a Dallas Cowboy."

Anyway...just tell the truth. What is it with politicians (yes, dems and reps) who feel the need to lie and falsely enhance their credentials? Hardly an election goes by without some candidate committing this faux pas.

No idea. And if the dude is going to lie about wether or not he played for the Dallas Cowboys, what else would he lie about?

Democrat.

If he had an "R", the article would've mentioned it more than twenty times. Just saying.

you are delusional. once again, how can you get worked up over something that you imagine would have happened but didn't?

Democrat.

+1. Of course the media would have exposed his political affiliation. Any pretense to the contrary is quite DEVOID of recent facts in political reporting. But I guess many expect politicians to LIE so no big deal right?

+1. Of course the media would have exposed his political affiliation. Any pretense to the contrary is quite DEVOID of recent facts in political reporting. But I guess many expect politicians to LIE so no big deal right?

Well, this is PG county.

If a Republican won anything there, THAT would be news. I know BB doesn't know that because he's not from around these parts, but I know PG county, and it is pretty much entirely Dem. (and has been as crooked as any political nest has ever been for as long as I can remember.)

It's a given he's a democrat,, but, if you'd really like to give it a try, you can do what most reporters would do and look up the PG county Government page, and try to find the distinctions between any of them. They don't list anyone's affiliations. In fact, all of the pages linking off of their legislative branch page to bio pages are dead links.

Whether he's a D or an R is hardly worth even discussing, because as is seen he's a proven liar, and if ANYONE wants to stand here and try to pretend that one side has fewer cheats and liars than the other, I may just fall down dead from laughter. Really.

I agree with GreenspanDan in wondering how you guys continually get upset by speculating on something that would happen if something you pretend happened, happened.

I also notice they don't tell us if he's white or black, Christian or Muslim, baseball fan, or his favorite color.

This is a pointless game that has been ingrained in you by the media you pretend tells you the truth. You're conditioned to believe they're all (except Rush et al) out to get you, and so make up hypothetical situations to prove it is true.

Now, I don't usually (ever) cite blogs, but this is a right leaning PG based blog with an interesting recent post about PG county.

http://redmaryland.blogspot.com/2010/08/washington-post-endorsement-of-rushern.html

This guy is lamenting how isolated he feels as a GOPer in PG county since they comprise such a small segment of the overall county population.

Interesting are these two paragraphs

It seems hardly worth the effort for Republicans to go to the polls. Looking at the local part of the Republican primary ballot in my precinct--county-wide offices, county council, delegate, senator, and Republican central committee--there will one, and only one, Republican candidate listed for 14 partisan positions.

There will be NO Republican candidates for County Executive, Sheriff, State's Attorney, Clerk of the Circuit Court, Register of Wills, 2 of 3 positions on the Orphans' Court, County Council, Delegate (3 positions), Senator, or even Republican Central Committee member.

Now, his figures are a bit off as one of the comments below the post points out, but around 10% of the registered voters are Republicans in PG.

This is likely why it wasn't mentioned. Not as a cover, it's a given. Saying a politician in PG is a Dem is like informing everyone that water is wet.

~Bang

you are delusional. once again, how can you get worked up over something that you imagine would have happened but didn't?

Uh... have you watched Fox News anytime, say, ever? That's standard operating procedure for the reactionary right.

Both extremes have their delusions. This one is absolutely in the right wing media's wheelhouse. Moved in, got a phone line, staying for a long long time.

Well, this is PG county.

If a Republican won anything there, THAT would be news.

I agree with GreenspanDan in wondering how you guys continually get upset by speculating on something that would happen if something you pretend happened, happened.

~Bang

It's been a while since I've been in the DC area but in PG county I know what you mean.

Conjecture it's a wonderful thing.

PS- history has a way of validating one's conjecture, especially when it come to the media. Just my observations and not an iron clad declaration. :)

It's been a while since I've been in the DC area but in PG county I know what you mean.

Conjecture it's a wonderful thing.

PS- history has a way of validating one's conjecture, especially when it come to the media. Just my observations and not an iron clad declaration. :)

Possibly.

Honestly, it's amazing Michael Steele lives in PG county. That place is DC junior.

~Bang

It's actually from the Washington city paper. But........nevermind.

The article referenced in the OP is from the Yahoo Sports Section. The Yahoo article does mention and quote a few times the Washington City Paper's investigation. But the article listed in THIS thread and commented on by people in THIS thread is by Sport Writer Chris Chase of Yahoo. Hence the :ols: and joke.

Archived