Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Politician in Redskins country lied about playing for Cowboys

MattFancy

Any local politician in the Area trying to use the cowpokes as a reason to get elected deserves to be ridiculed and labeled a carpetbagger as well as a liar.

That's gonna be his next bumper sticker:

He's a liar,

But he's not a Cowboy.

you are delusional. once again, how can you get worked up over something that you imagine would have happened but didn't?

The delusional thinking resided with this politician. I really don't care what you think about me, but your one liner was too funny to pass up. You know, the irony thing.

Well, this is PG county.

If a Republican won anything there, THAT would be news. I know BB doesn't know that because he's not from around these parts, but I know PG county, and it is pretty much entirely Dem.

~Bang

So John, where I am from? Where was I born and raised? Where does my daughter live? Too, as a conservative republican, are you implying that I can't know anything about politics in the DC region? Does this little "jab" allow me to talk about inside the beltway mentality? :ols:

The delusional thinking resided with this politician. I really don't care what you think about me, but your one liner was too funny to pass up. You know, the irony thing.

So John, where I am from? Where was I born and raised? Where does my daughter live? Too, as a conservative republican, are you implying that I can't know anything about politics in the DC region? Does this little "jab" allow me to talk about inside the beltway mentality? :ols:

No, it means I know you dont live here, and as such maybe figured you weren't from here. It wasn't a jab, but anyone who is from around here knows that PG county would elect a republican about as fast as they'd elect a frog with leprosy. It just doesn't happen.

Like I said, the Republicans don't even much bother even running in that county, it's a foregone conclusion that the D will win. It's been that way forever. So, anyone knows who's from here any politician from PG is definitely a Democrat.

No jab. Just letting you know there's no conspiracy afoot to hide his affiliation. We all already know what it is.

~Bang

Any local politician in the Area trying to use the cowpokes as a reason to get elected deserves to be ridiculed and labeled a carpetbagger as well as a liar.

And in PG county that typically wouldn't matter, either. He may have found the ONE lie they won't stand for. :ols:

~Bang

No, it means I know you dont live here, and as such maybe figured you weren't from here. It wasn't a jab, but anyone who is from around here knows that PG county would elect a republican about as fast as they'd elect a frog with leprosy. It just doesn't happen.

Like I said, the Republicans don't even much bother even running in that county, it's a foregone conclusion that the D will win. It's been that way forever. So, anyone knows who's from here any politician from PG is definitely a Democrat.

No jab. Just letting you know there's no conspiracy afoot to hide his affiliation. We all already know what it is.

~Bang

Ok, fair enough.

I would respectfully disagree on hiding his affiliation. Yahoo made it a national story and made no attempt to fully explain which party of which he is a member. I knew right away though and quickly recognized the bias in the article - that's why I mentioned it so early in the discussion.

For anyone else...

In my original post, I pointed out that politicians on both sides have falsely enhanced their qualifications in the past. OMG! A conservative republican at ES actually had the audacity to say one little thing and added that both sides are guilty of it! OMG! A conservative republican actually had the audacity to start a respectful thread on former Congressman Rostenkowski passing away today.

I know, I know. Being a conservative republican here at ES means you are racist, homophobic, a cheat, a liar, anti-American, etc., etc., etc. Yeah, I should never point out something like not mentioning party affiliation. If that is the general consensus here, then so be it.

In my original post, I pointed out that politicians on both sides have falsely enhanced their qualifications in the past. OMG! A conservative republican at ES actually had the audacity to say one little thing and added that both sides are guilty of it! OMG! A conservative republican actually had the audacity to start a respectful thread on former Congressman Rostenkowski passing away today.

I know, I know. Being a conservative republican here at ES means you are racist, homophobic, a cheat, a liar, anti-American, etc., etc., etc. Yeah, I should never point out something like not mentioning party affiliation. If that is the general consensus here, then so be it.

A conservative republican

Wanted the article to have partisan politics on it.

Observed that it didn't have it.

Concluded, based on the article not being as political as he wanted, that
the article
had a partisan agenda.

Invented an imaginary claim about what would be true, in an alternate universe, to back up his claim.

And then, after getting his partisan shot and his imaginary bias into a thread which didn't have them previously, inserted a disclaimer, to try to make himself look unbiased.

Your primary point (you know, the one you led off with) was to complain because the article didn't have party politics in it. This, to you is proof of bias.

I wasn't aware that Yahoo had the right to edit stories like that if they decide to pick it up.

Expecting the City Paper to be anything BUT liberally minded is really a pipe dream. Seriously, it's a FREE paper geared toward 20something bohemian types living in the city. What do you expect?

You may as well complain Teen Beat magazine won't cover classical music.

Besides, the point of the story is that he got caught in a ludicrous lie, not which party he's from. It offers no ammo to anyone that he's a Democrat. What, all of a sudden PG county might change politics over this? They won't, and to everyone else in the country it's completely meaningless beyond the funny factor of his lie.

~Bang

Archived