Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Depth Chart Surprise

Darc Requiem

I noticed that the first official depth chart was released. What are the biggest surprises to everyone? Mine is Justin Tryon being dead last on CB depth chart. I thought he was supposed to be doing very well. I know this a fluid chart and that will change significantly before the season. However, I still thought it would warrant discussion.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/team/depthChart.jsp

I noticed that the first official depth chart was released. What are the biggest surprises to everyone? Mine is Justin Tryon being dead last on CB depth chart. I thought he was supposed to be doing very well. I know this a fluid chart and that will change significantly before the season. However, I still thought it would warrant discussion.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/team/depthChart.jsp

Moss and D Hall not on the Punt Returner depth chart...

Torain over Parker...

Dennis Morris not even listed on the FB chart...

I'm not too surprised by any of it. Goes along with stuff we've been hearing. But seeing the name Joey Galloway as a starting receiver on the depth chart is a little frightening. If we really don't have anyone on the roster that can overtake Joey Galloway for a starting job maybe we do need to look into an upgrade.

Slow Willie Parker at 4th string.

Nah, not really. :silly:

Willie Parker-RB-Redskins Aug. 9 - 1:22 pm et

Willie Parker is listed fourth on the depth chart that the Redskins posted Monday afternoon.

Coach Mike Shanahan downplayed the significance of the depth chart, but it's noteworthy that Parker is now behind Ryan Torain. The former Steeler was expected to battle Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson for the starting job. Instead, he's battling for a roster spot. We've yet to find any local scribes that believe Parker will make the team. Torain could find his way into the third-down mix, though Portis is easily the team's best pass blocker.

Source: redskins.com

Related: Ryan Torain

Terrence Austin 4th string?? Malcolm Kelly hasn't done a damn thing and he's ahead of Austin:mad:. Not feeling this whatsoever.

Lorenzo Alexander second team OLB:confused:??

Yes Andre Carter is a good player, but Ive heard more about One man gang looking very good.

Good surprise Kevin Barnes:thumbsup:

On the Austin front. Shanahan cut Anthony Miller cuz he couldn't/wouldn't block, don't know if that is the case here but maybe that is a possible explanation. Devin is a very good blocker. I think the Shanahans' ability to scheme recievers open will allow us to throw the ball well enough to win. At least I hope so.

Archived