Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest Depth Chart Surprise

Darc Requiem

Srry DOuble post....but yeah...Why are people surprised that Tyron is the last CB...

Doesn't everyone know he sucks...he's just fast....Barnes is wayy better than him and so is Westbrook imo...Westbrook has more INTs as well...I dont even remember hearing Tyron's name in tweets so Im really confused on why people expected him to be higher on the depth chart

Srry DOuble post....but yeah...Why are people surprised that Tyron is the last CB...

Doesn't everyone know he sucks...he's just fast....Barnes is wayy better than him and so is Westbrook imo...Westbrook has more INTs as well...I dont even remember hearing Tyron's name in tweets so Im really confused on why people expected him to be higher on the depth chart

Actually Tryon doesn't suck. He was terrible his first year. He's gotten much better since then. I expected him to be nickel or dime back not behind everyone on the team. As I said in my initial post, I'm sure the chart will look much different by September 12th.

I'm really worried about Rocky McIntosh playing inside, and Perry Riley backing him up. I dont think thats been talked about enough. We're gonna have two really small LBs in the middle, one aging and one moving inside, and almost zero depth.

Terrence Austin 4th string?? Malcolm Kelly hasn't done a damn thing and he's ahead of Austin:mad:. Not feeling this whatsoever.

Lorenzo Alexander second team OLB:confused:??

Yes Andre Carter is a good player, but Ive heard more about One man gang looking very good.

Good surprise Kevin Barnes:thumbsup:

I thought Barnes has been getting burned throughout camp and the offense hasn't been fully implemented yet.

I honestly think that Galloway is our #2 for the season.

As do I which does frustrate me because I haven't been that impressed with him when I went to TC. Hopefully he proves me wrong and becomes a valuable player but I'm not sure how good he can be at 38 years old. I would love to see Thomas finally step up and become the #2 on this team and prove his worth

I'm really worried about Rocky McIntosh playing inside, and Perry Riley backing him up. I dont think thats been talked about enough. We're gonna have two really small LBs in the middle, one aging and one moving inside, and almost zero depth.

I wouldn't worry at all about that.... Rocky and Fletcher are two beasts in the middle. Wilbur Marshal wasn't the largest MLB either and he would do fine in a 3-4 defense. There is no reason McIntosh or Fletcher wouldn't succeed.

I wouldn't worry at all about that.... Rocky and Fletcher are two beasts in the middle. Wilbur Marshal wasn't the largest MLB either and he would do fine in a 3-4 defense. There is no reason McIntosh or Fletcher wouldn't succeed.

I'm not worried at all about Fletcher. I just think Rocky will have to do a lot more adjusting than people realize. He's got to be a really sure tackler this year. And he cannot get hurt.

Anyone worried about size in their middle linebackers...just remember the Dome Patrol. Sam Mills was 5'9", 232#, and he was a 5 time pro bowler and 3 times was 1st team All NFL. Man that was a good linebacking corp.

My takes:

Capers as a third string LT (might get a lot of action in preseason, and if there isn't room for him on roster he'll be attempted to be kept on the PS.

Who will be the backup center? Cook or Lichtensteiger?

Tryon so far down the depth charge might be a bit of a surprise, or could be motivation and a plan to get tryon more reps in preseason?

Big surprises on Defense?

Philip Daniels, Behind Adam Carriker. That's a bit of a surprise. I'd have thought PD would be on the other side.

Carter as a Starting OLB With Alexander his backup. (I wasn't really sure where Carter would end up frankly)

Rak and Wilson on the other LB sounds pretty legit.

Kareem Moore over Doughty??????? Moore is more of a FS than doughty, though I know they want to mix up the packages a bit right?

Henson as a 3rd String ILB, likely means he is gone unless someone gets hurt unless I am wrong.

Rob Jackson is not a surprise, I expected him to be the odd man out but as an OLB? I'm guessing that Carter will be the OLB with his hand in the dirt the most.

We do seem a bit thin in side, I just hope that isnt' a liability in run coverage, but on the edges we seem okay.

I expect Parker will get some good work, and then if he doesn't show anything is cut after game 2.

Kareem Moore over Doughty??????? Moore is more of a FS than doughty, though I know they want to mix up the packages a bit right?

Notice on the depth chart they're just listed as "S" as opposed to "FS" and "SS." That being said, Doughty is a better free than Horton, and LaRon is playing the Strong spot, so Moore opposite him at the Free spot makes sense.

Moore has been outplaying Doughty and Horton so far.

Oh, and I have to say, much as I like Kedric Golston, his position shouldn't read DE, it should read "placeholder." Because that's basically what he is. I'm not surprised about Carriker over Daniels, Carriker is younger and was made for the 3-4 defense, he's the perfect size/fit for a DE spot. Daniels will be an extremely solid backup and will probably get extra snaps when they switch to the 4-3 occasionally.

I think there's only 3 of the 79 missing, Furrey (injured), Wade & Morris. Even though its early, it can't be good news for either WR & Morris must be the #5 TE. That'll be the PS for him in a few weeks.

Good to see Riley well placed. Jarmon looks buried a bit to me, especially if Haynesworth ends up as a starter at DE.

Oh, and Kelly needs to get playing fast.

Notice on the depth chart they're just listed as "S" as opposed to "FS" and "SS." That being said, Doughty is a better free than Horton, and LaRon is playing the Strong spot, so Moore opposite him at the Free spot makes sense.

Moore has been outplaying Doughty and Horton so far.

Yeah I noticed the lack of the F and S... Which makes me wonder how you read that chart if the 2 safety positions are the same. It might explain why Horton is behind Laron, because I never thought horton was great in coverage. Is Doughty the best safety we have all around coverage etc? (But because he's all around good means he's not great in one area or another right?)

So who do you think will be the first DL's and LBs Cut?

I'm looking at:

OLB: Rob Jackson

DE: Scott (But could Daniels be a surprise cut here?0

Jarmon I wonder whether he is progressing fast enough.

BTW I counted 78 players on that depth chart, does that sound right? The first cut we have to get down to what 70 something 60 something?

Archived