Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Towleroad.com: Lady Gaga Speaks Out Against Arizona Immigration Law In Phoenix (MET)

rdsknbill

Worked out great for U2. They just make more money.... than like.... any other band.... on the planet. :ols:

The Dixie chicks would have been fine if they didn't play country music. Everyone knows that if you want to have a political opinion in that genre you need to be on the level with the Ford Truck Guy.

You just have to know your audience. Lady Gaga is totally safe speaking out on the liberal side of this issue, just like the Phoenix Suns and Major League Baseball players. Country music stars and NASCAR drivers need to stick to supporting the troops.
And if art imitated life, Obama would be ****in furious with U2, trying to figure out how to make them give big chunks of that money to the Chicks. :evilg:
I think that they're all comfortably in the top the top income bracket. Obama wants to take money from both of them and give it to you. ;)

Hey, this worked out really well for the Dixie Chicks. They just had....you know....that one real big song....you know that one.....like.....6 years ago. :ols:

Well, that's the dark side of freedom of speech, people can respond with their freedom of wallet.

I actually don't like what she said not because of the politics of it but because it seems she's trying to capitalize off of it and seem like an advocate without taking a stand. Is she canceling concerts? Is she donating a portion of the receits to the cause? Is she organizing anything? So, it feels a bit like hot air. I like people to back up what they stand for especially when they have the power to.

Still, she absolutely has the right to state her opinion and should. You have the right not to listen, to shout yours back, to buy or boycott her product.

I just think people get annoyed with the fact that celebrities have an air of "I'm famous, so therefore my opinion matters more" when speaking out on things like this.

Rightly or wrongly, I think that's why people don't like it. I know I ****ing hate when that giant bag of douche fluid Bono from U2 get's all holier than thou for whatever cause of the moment he's advocating.

I just think people get annoyed with the fact that celebrities have an air of "I'm famous, so therefore my opinion matters more" when speaking out on things like this.

They should be able to speak their minds, just like the rest of us. However, that doesn't change the fact that I could give a rat's ass what Lady Gaga thinks about Arizona or illegal immigration.

Fair enough. :pfft:

Well, here's an example:

bono20coexist.jpg

:jerk:

And this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PebsERV0iH0&feature=related

President of the United States? Mother Teresa? The Pope? While it's slightly tongue in cheek, I don't think he's entirely kidding. And then fast foward to 4 mins in where he's talking about sitting in front of the President or the Pope and how he's never afraid but he thinks THEY should be nervous and afraid? WTF?

Well, here's an example:

President of the United States? Mother Teresa? The Pope? While it's slightly tongue in cheek, I don't think he's entirely kidding. And then fast foward to 4 mins in where he's talking about sitting in front of the President or the Pope and how he's never afraid but he thinks THEY should be nervous and afraid? WTF?

Personally,I just that took as Bono being tongue in cheek.

Heck, John Lennon once said that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.

Honestly, Spiff I think your opinions on Bono are based largely on political/social differences. :)

I could be wrong though.....but I doubt it.:)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzbmeb_4DXI&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzbmeb_4DXI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Personally,I just that took as Bono being tongue in cheek.

Heck, John Lennon once said that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.

Honestly, Spiff I think your opinions on Bono are based largely on political/social differences. :)

Not really...I mean, I don't hate people for having a different political agendas than I do. I will say Bono has done a lot of good social work that is commendable, too.

Doesn't stop him from being full of himself.

Not really...I mean, I don't hate people for having a different political agendas than I do. I will say Bono has done a lot of good social work that is commendable, too.

Doesn't stop him from being full of himself.

I always thought he was clowning around but he does have a "little" ego. :)

Maybe a little too much.

You just have to know your audience. Lady Gaga is totally safe speaking out on the liberal side of this issue, just like the Phoenix Suns and Major League Baseball players. Country music stars and NASCAR drivers need to stick to supporting the troops.

I think that they're all comfortably in the top the top income bracket. Obama wants to take money from both of them and give it to you. ;)

Wow Dj, didn't peg you as the stereotyping kind of guy. So I guess anyone who likes NASCAR is a right wing redneck who loves him some bandjo! Yee Haw!

Archived