Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dez Bryant hurt at cowboy practice

skinsaddict

Dez Bryant needed to be assisted off the practice field with an injured ankle at Cowboys training camp Friday.

This will put a dent into hyped rookie's fast start. The injury reportedly looked serious on the field, and occurred after a collision with Cowboys nickel back Orlando Scandrick, occurring on the second to last play of practice. We should have a detailed update by the weekend at the latest.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

As a general rule, people on message boards have a very bizarre understanding of karma, an eastern principle advocating a lifestyle of kindness.

Something tells me veiled celebration of someone else's injury isn't too karmically helpful. Yet, everytime someone an anonymous MB poster doesn't like gets hurts, it's called karma. Everytime a guy who decided to sign with a team other than the one some anonymous MB poster roots for gets hurt, that's called karma too.

I'm really not sure that's what's meant by the principle.

As a general rule, people on message boards have a very bizarre understanding of karma, an eastern principle advocating a lifestyle of kindness.

Something tells me veiled celebration of someone else's injury isn't too karmically helpful. Yet, everytime someone an anonymous MB poster doesn't like gets hurts, it's called karma. Everytime a guy who decided to sign with a team other than the one some anonymous MB poster roots for gets hurt, that's called karma too.

I'm really not sure that's what's meant by the principle.

im not celebrating his injury, i was just excited to see karma catch up with him

edit: an to be clear, it is HIS karma

Dez Bryant-WR-Cowboys Jul. 30 - 6:56 pm et

Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said Friday that the team is hopeful Dez Bryant's right ankle sprain will only cost him "a few days."

This is good news. ESPN's Chris Mortensen and agent David Canter also indicated that Bryant's injury wasn't severe, and Bryant's teammates say he only "rolled" the ankle. It sounds like Bryant is no worse than day to day.

Source: ESPN Dallas

Dez Bryant-WR-Cowboys Jul. 30 - 7:08 pm et

ESPN's Tim MacMahon reports that Dez Bryant's right ankle injury is "likely" a high ankle sprain.

MacMahon cites league sources in his report, which contradicts earlier sentiment from Cowboys VP Stephen Jones. Teams, of course, are prone to making major situations seem smaller than they really are. An MRI is expected to reveal that Bryant might miss a "significant" amount of practice. If so, Roy Williams' starting job will be safer. Bryant was on pace to beat him out.

Source: ESPN Dallas

Dez Bryant-WR-Cowboys Jul. 30 - 7:40 pm et

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones revealed Friday that Dez Bryant is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a high right ankle sprain.

This is worse than anticipated. Bryant's chances of opening the season as a starter are out the window, and he may be in a race just to get healthy for Week 1. The Cowboys open the season at Washington on September 12 -- less than six weeks from now. Bryant should still make a big impact in the second half of the year, but his early-season outlook takes a significant hit.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Well, I don't feel bad for the dude, it's not career threatening or anything, and he'll get over it, hopefully he can rehab that ego while he works on his ankle.

The guy is a primadonna and hasn't played a ******* snap in the NFL. Good thing he went to Dallas, none of his teammates will even notice how impressed with himself he is already (except maybe R.Williams), they'll all be too busy checking their OWN makeup for the cameras.

Now when we beat the Cowboys in Week 1 all we will hear is how Dez Bryant didn't play and they would have won if a rookie in his first NFL start was on the field :ols: :ols:

I'm completely okay with that. I'm going to love all the ******** excuses that come up when they DON'T win the SB too.

Now when we beat the Cowboys in Week 1 all we will hear is how Dez Bryant didn't play and they would have won if a rookie in his first NFL start was on the field :ols: :ols:

Was just about to post the same. :silly:

Sad part is, if we do beat them this will be true.

Archived