Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dez Bryant hurt at cowboy practice

skinsaddict

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/30/jerry-jones-suggests-dez-bryant-was-overworked/

Reporters love Jerry Jones for the same reason that probably drives coaches crazy: Jones talks and emotes like a fan when things go wrong.

It's no surprise, then, that Jones wasn't pleased when told about Dez Bryant's high ankle sprain, which will cost the rookie 4-6 weeks. In fact, he nudged his coaching staff under the bus.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen writes on Twitter that Jones suggested Bryant was "overworked" and wasn't happy the injury happened on the second to last play of practice after all his reps and his kick return work.

"Got a feeling someone has gotten their butts chewed," Mort wrote.

Wade Phillips has a pretty sweet gig, but an unreasonable "butt chewing" or five from Jerry Jones every season comes with the territory.

click link for article

Not for a guy getting injured. BUt i am rather enjoying all of the headaches this injury is causing.

Good thing Jason Campbell is still our QB, Jim Zorn is still our coach, and worst of all Vinny Cerrato is still our "GM"....

:doh:

All the reasons Skin fans said they would beat Dallas, remember your first round QB was better than Romo sits to pee, i heard that on here several times. Tons of people were Horny for Zorny. And you guys had the team to beat once AH signed on. So how did all that work out? Oh thats right, now they became last seasons excuses. Good point.

All the reasons Skin fans said they would beat Dallas, remember your first round QB was better than Romo sits to pee, i heard that on here several times. Tons of people were Horny for Zorny. And you guys had the team to beat once AH signed on. So how did all that work out? Oh thats right, now they became last seasons excuses. Good point.

:ols:

You are delusional to believe that the extremely few Redskins fans who though JC was better than Romo sits to pee represented us as a whole. What was the crime in being Horny for Zorny? Nobody said we had the best team when we signed Big Al.

Congrats on your :bsflag:

You are delusional to believe that the extremely few Redskins fans who though JC was better than Romo sits to pee represented us as a whole. What was the crime in being Horny for Zorny? Nobody said we had the best team when we signed Big Al.

Congrats on your :bsflag:

So you are saying the drugs wore off, because tromping thru here last year was not a few. And that excuse never flys for Dallas fans either, so you are going to have to be a big boy and try again.

So you are saying the drugs wore off, because tromping thru here last year was not a few. And that excuse never flys for Dallas fans either, so you are going to have to be a big boy and try again.

That's an ironic drug reference for a Dallas fan. I think the drugs wore off for you guys about the time Irvin retired.

Show me all of these examples of every fan on here claiming JC to be better than Romo sits to pee.

Now when we beat the Cowboys in Week 1 all we will hear is how Dez Bryant didn't play and they would have won if a rookie in his first NFL start was on the field :ols: :ols:

If Bryant is out 4-6 weeks, with 6 being the outlier, then its fairly safe to assume that he'll be 100% for the 1st game against Washington in 43 days.

High ankle sprains are tricky but Dallas won't take any chances with him and they'll have him ready for Sunday night.

Shanahan does not lose playoff games by a 34-3 margin. Romo sits to pee looked good that day. Yeah, keep thinking that way.

Everytime a Cowboy gets hurt an angel gets their wings :) (its somewhere in the Bible look it up) All is right in the world tonight Redskin Nation and may Dez's rehab be slow and his ankle never really be 100% again. AMEN. All joking aside I really hate the cowboys.

Useless without highlights. Here, I'll help :D

Y2ROQU-HO68

I know that has nothing to do with the topic. That's why I won't bring up the Redskins' loss to the hapless Lions, or them getting swept by every team in the division, or any of the other 12 losses they had last year, or not even their new QB doing jack squat and turning the ball over in his last playoff game. Gee whiz, Redskins' fans talk pretty big for going 4-12 and trading for the worst QB in the division.

I know that has nothing to do with the topic. That's why I won't bring up the Redskins' loss to the hapless Lions, or them getting swept by every team in the division, or any of the other 12 losses they had last year, or not even their new QB doing jack squat and turning the ball over in his last playoff game. Gee whiz, Redskins' fans talk pretty big for going 4-12 and trading for the worst QB in the division.

what else do they have going for them?

Looks like no more Dez theads for 6 - 8 weeks.

Then, of course, he'll be the needed ingredient for the pukes slow start.

:rotflmao:

Wow, from blind Cowpuke hatred to laughing at an injury. :slap:

We have more playoff wins in the last decade.

You had that 2000 playoff win over Gus Frerotte last year didn't you? How did that help you out? Oh yeah, last place in the division. How do you think it's going to help you this year?

As for Shanny, unless McNabb turns into John Elway, I wouldn't order my rings just yet.

You had that 2000 playoff win over Gus Frerotte last year didn't you? How did that help you out? Oh yeah, last place in the division. How do you think it's going to help you this year?

As for Shanny, unless McNabb turns into John Elway, I wouldn't order my rings just yet.

I'm sorry what has Romo sits to pee done in the playoffs?

I'm sorry what has Romo sits to pee done in the playoffs?

He outplayed the Redskins' QB in the playoffs last year, but you are dodging the question. How did that playoff win in 2000 help you last year and how is it going to help you this year?

what else do they have going for them?

Last year, nothing, that's why it's so fun to poke ya'll's buttons.

However, this season, we've actually got a lot going for us. All you guys have is Doug Free at LT and a WR primadonna with weak ankles.

I think you know, but you are dodging the question. How did that playoff win in 2000 help you last year and how is it going to help you this year?

Sorry but we also won a playoff game in 2005. How is getting blown out 34-3 going to help you this year?

Sorry but we also won a playoff game in 2005. How is getting blown out 34-3 going to help you this year?

Oh cool. The Cowboys won one last year. I wonder who has more starters returning from those teams... Hmm anyways, you're forgetting to mention that the Cowboys did win a playoff game last year and it was against your starting QBs team. How many TDs did he score in that game? How many times did he turn the ball over? Yeah, you have a lot to brag about.

Oh cool. The Cowboys won one last year. I wonder who has more starters returning from those teams... Hmm anyways, you're forgetting to mention that the Cowboys did win a playoff game last year and it was against your starting QBs team. How many TDs did he score in that game? How many times did he turn the ball over? Yeah, you have a lot to brag about.

McNabb is on a different team now so what? And congrats you won a playoff game, only took you what? 10 years or so? And who cares how many starters you have returning, this isn't college football.

McNabb is on a different team now so what? And congrats you won a playoff game, only took you what? 10 years or so? And who cares how many starters you have returning, this isn't college football.

McNabb couldn't beat the Cowboys on a team with a 6 game winning streak but he can with a 4-12 team? Yeah ok. Unless you're trying to tell me that the Redskins have a better supporting cast than the Eagles, in that case I'd just laugh at you.

And yeah returning starts do matter. You brag about winning a playoff game in 2005 and 2000, but that can't really help you if none of the players on those teams are there to help you now.

McNabb couldn't beat the Cowboys on a team with a 6 game winning streak but he can with a 4-12 team? Yeah ok. Unless you're trying to tell me that the Redskins have a better supporting cast than the Eagles, in that case I'd just laugh at you.

And yeah returning starts do matter. You brag about winning a playoff game in 2005 and 2000, but that can't really help you if none of the players on those teams are there to help you now.

Um McNabb for his career against the Cowboys is 11-7. But I guess he can never beat them again since he didn't last year. And McNabb will finally have a run game this season for the first time in his career.

How do returning starters matter? We have a new coach and a new system. So of course we're going to have new starters.

Archived