Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dez Bryant hurt at cowboy practice

skinsaddict

What's there to comprehend? :blahblah: Cowboys suck :blahblah:

Is this best you've got?

You made something up about me that wasn't true...I asked you to reread my post and understand it, and this is what you've come up with?

:doh:

Despite how absolutely gawd awful we were last year, Dallas barely squeaked by our sorry asses. Lets not forget that it was a missed field goal that was the difference in the first game.

I suspect we'll be scoring a few more points this year than last and the Cowboys really should be worried that theyll start off this season of high expectations with a loss in the division.

Wow, from blind Cowpuke hatred to laughing at an injury. :slap:

Seriously?

I'm tired of people acting like it's so sad when football players get injured and is classless to cheer injuries. I could not care less about NFL players, and I am sure the feeling is reciprocated to us fans. These guys are modern day gladiators, here for our entertainment.

I'm not going to lie, I was happy to read the overhyped one was hurt. I want the Cowboys to actually have some injuries this year so everyone can see how average they really are. Cowboys have been the healthiest team in the NFL for the past two years, hence their success. It has been shown numerous times that there is a direct correlation between overall team health and record. Law of averages is bound to get em.

I could not care less about these overpaid millionares.

I am also willing to bet, that deep down, this is how most actually feel. They just don't have the balls to say it.

Seriously?

I'm tired of people acting like it's so sad when football players get injured and is classless to cheer injuries. I could not care less about NFL players, and I am sure the feeling is reciprocated to us fans. These guys are modern day gladiators, here for our entertainment.

I'm not going to lie, I was happy to read the overhyped one was hurt. I want the Cowboys to actually have some injuries this year so everyone can see how average they really are. Cowboys have been the healthiest team in the NFL for the past two years, hence their success. It has been shown numerous times that there is a direct correlation between overall team health and record. Law of averages is bound to get em.

I could not care less about these overpaid millionares.

I am also willing to bet, that deep down, this is how most actually feel. They just don't have the balls to say it.

You......are a pretty pathetic human being. Congrats on that.

The feeling is reciprocated. Comments like this are classic loser speak.

That's what most of the board would think of your previous post. You have shown yourself to be a classless fan, it doesn't take a loser to call you out on it :ols:

That's what most of the board would think of your previous post. You have shown yourself to be a classless fan, it doesn't take a loser to call you out on it :ols:

I could care less about what you consider "classy". Let's put some things into perspective, shall we? Everyday hundreds, scratch that, thousands of people are murdered, raped, have their homes destroyed, etc., etc. all around the globe.

To think I am going to give more than a passing thought to news of an injured football player is jejune.

These modern gladiators are paid quite well and getting hurt is part of the game. I do have compassion for players I like, as for the others, meh. I want to see more head stompage via Hanesworth. I love that ****.

I could care less about what you consider "classy". Let's put some things into perspective, shall we? Everyday hundreds, scratch that, thousands of people are murdered, raped, have their homes destroyed, etc., etc. all around the globe.

To think I am going to give more than a passing thought to news of an injured football player is jejune.

These modern gladiators are paid quite well and getting hurt is part of the game. I do have compassion for players I like, as for the others, meh. I want to see more head stompage via Hanesworth. I love that ****.

How do victims of crimes and natural disasters factor into this at all? You can try to rationalize it any way that you want, but you aren't going to find many fans that don't think you're a scumbag. If you had ever played the sport, you wouldn't look at it this way. Or maybe you would.

Either way, that's a pretty trashy way to look at the game of football, and the men involved.

It's simple: you are pathetic.

How do victims of crimes and natural disasters factor into this at all? You can try to rationalize it any way that you want, but you aren't going to find many fans that don't think you're a scumbag. If you had ever played the sport, you wouldn't look at it this way. Or maybe you would.

Either way, that's a pretty trashy way to look at the game of football, and the men involved.

It's simple: you are pathetic.

O righteous one, please step done from thy pedastal into reality.

I was just trying to illuminate the fact that football players are insignificant to everyday life. They are entertainers. There are a myriad of professions that pay 1/100th of what these guys get paid, yet are more beneficial to our society as a whole. You do realize that Trent Williams just signed a contract that averages 10 mil a year? That's more than the world's top brain surgeon makes, and the kid very well might suck ass.

You can call me callous. I am far from pathetic.

There are some potential positives for the Cowboys nation. Some of the other younger receivers will get more needed reps. And perhaps the Dez circus will cool off a little. It's been a long time since I've seen a non-top ten pick go into his rookie year with such high expectations. Why is it necessary for him to have a Randy Moss type rookie year, anyway? It's not as if the Cowboys don't have other decent receivers on their roster.

O righteous one, please step done from thy pedastal into reality.

I was just trying to illuminate the fact that football players are insignificant to everyday life. They are entertainers. There are a myriad of professions that pay 1/100th of what these guys get paid, yet are more beneficial to our society as a whole. You do realize that Trent Williams just signed a contract that averages 10 mil a year? That's more than the world's top brain surgeon makes, and the kid very well might suck ass.

You can call me callous. I am far from pathetic.

I'm not on a pedestal. Or a "pedastal". Even though I think you meant to accuse me of being on my high horse :) But no, I'm firmly in reality, where only douchebags not only like seeing injuries, but want them to happen for their entertainment.

Pro Football players, like other professional athletes, are paid what they are paid because they are the few thousand men in the world who can do what they do at such a high level. Actors get paid an incredible amount for contributing little to society as well. Its supply and demand, and as you said, an entertainment business. Only, the entertainment is supposed to be the game, not the injuries that are merely a byproduct.

Whether you like it or not, football players are not "modern day gladiators". They perform their craft for entertainment, yes, but not for survival, and not because they have to. They are paid well because it is a service that is both in high demand, and low in supply. Its simple economics.

They get paid to play football, a structured game with rules, that happens to cause injury. Yes, it is rough, and dangerous. But it is not a bloodsport masquerading as a professional league, no matter how much you would like it to be.

To be a fan of this game, of course you can't be squeamish about injuries. Its an everyday occurrence. But to cheer for them and enjoy them goes over the line: It is pathetic. And most people are above that.

Since bad things happening to people is just a part of life, do you feel joy when people are murdered, raped, have their homes destroyed, etc., etc. all around the globe?

I'm not on a pedestal. Or a "pedastal". Even though I think you meant to accuse me of being on my high horse :) But no, I'm firmly in reality, where only douchebags not only like seeing injuries, but want them to happen for their entertainment.

Pro Football players, like other professional athletes, are paid what they are paid because they are the few thousand men in the world who can do what they do at such a high level. Actors get paid an incredible amount for contributing little to society as well. Its supply and demand, and as you said, an entertainment business. Only, the entertainment is supposed to be the game, not the injuries that are merely a byproduct.

Whether you like it or not, football players are not "modern day gladiators". They perform their craft for entertainment, yes, but not for survival, and not because they have to. They are paid well because it is a service that is both in high demand, and low in supply. Its simple economics.

They get paid to play football, a structured game with rules, that happens to cause injury. Yes, it is rough, and dangerous. But it is not a bloodsport masquerading as a professional league, no matter how much you would like it to be.

To be a fan of this game, of course you can't be squeamish about injuries. Its an everyday occurrence. But to cheer for them and enjoy them goes over the line: It is pathetic. And most people are above that.

Ooh, a message board editor. Thanks. You really saved me there. Pedestal, got it. You are so smart. Did your spell checker help you?

By the way, it's not simple economics, the NFL is afforded many liberties, and as such is able to stifle competition. Supply is high, it just depends on how diluted you want the talent pool. People will watch football with "replacements". Let's not even get into tax payer subsidized stadiums (looking right at you Jerry Jones), where owners pass on risk to cities, yet none of the profits. The fact that this even happens is atrocious. Furthermore, only the most affluent citizens can more than likely afford ridiculous PSLs all the other expenses that go with attending NFL games. This topic is too much to get into in this thread. Owners have chosen profits over the fans, which is fine. I just wish more people would realize that.

That being said. I couldn't care less about you or what you think.

Since bad things happening to people is just a part of life, do you feel joy when people are murdered, raped, have their homes destroyed, etc., etc. all around the globe?

Of course not. Football players are the ones that chose their profession. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when they will get hurt. And don't get me wrong, I think the NFLPA screws over veterans of old.

Ooh, a message board editor. Thanks. You really saved me there. Pedestal, got it. You are so smart. Did your spell checker help you?

Nope, I'm just a natural I guess :)

By the way, it's not simple economics, the NFL is afforded many liberties, and as such is able to stifle competition. Supply is high, it just depends on how diluted you want the talent pool. People will watch football with "replacements". Let's not even get into tax payer subsidized stadiums (looking right at you Jerry Jones), where owners pass on risk to cities, yet none of the profits. The fact that this even happens is atrocious. Furthermore, only the most affluent citizens can more than likely afford ridiculous PSLs all the other expenses that go with attending NFL games. This topic is too much to get into in this thread. Owners have chosen profits over the fans, which is fine. I just wish more people would realize that.

You're steering this debate in a direction it was never meant to go with this. I never said that the entire business model of the NFL was "simple" economics. Just the fact that the players get paid incredibly large sums of money to do what they do best. THAT is simple supply and demand. If people wanted a diluted talent pool to watch, then yes, the players could be paid less. But that isn't the case.

Of course, with this, you conveniently stopped discussing the rest of my post, which is actually relevant to this debate, and this thread: you know, the whole injuries thing.

That being said. I couldn't care less about you or what you think.

I wouldn't expect you to "care about me". I'm an anonymous message board poster, why would I assume that a man who wishes injury upon others, and takes pleasure in it, would?

And if you don't care about the opinions of others, or intelligently discussing them, maybe this isn't the place for you. Unless you just post to be able to read your own thoughts.

Some thoughts about Dallas while we are on the subject.

1) WRs don't generally produce well until about their third season. It's very rare for a rookie WR to make a impact, so don't expect one from Dez.

2) I think the Cowboys made a huge mistake in the off-season by not shoring up that offensive line. Watching those Minnesota highlights was eye opening as to how terrible your OL is. Thinking Doug Free is the answer is hilarious to say the least. I think I would have traded up for Brian Buluga at Denver's spot than pick up Dez Bryant. By chance did you guys hire Vinny during the off-season?

Shanahan and the Pillsbury Dumb Boy have the same number of playoff wins in the last decade.

Lets be honest, Shanny didn't have the team that Wade Phillips has had either. A high ranking offense and defense and still can't get it done? That's why guys like Norv Turner and Wade Phillips suck at being head coaches. (great as coordinators though) I have to thank Jerry Jones every night for running off Bill Parcells. I'd hate to imagine a team with this much talent under Bill's control. You guys might have actually been dominate.

Some thoughts about Dallas while we are on the subject.

Lets be honest, Shanny didn't have the team that Wade Phillips has had either. A high ranking offense and defense and still can't get it done? That's why guys like Norv Turner and Wade Phillips suck at being head coaches. (great as coordinators though) I have to thank Jerry Jones every night for running off Bill Parcells. I'd hate to imagine a team with this much talent under Bill's control. You guys might have actually been dominate.

You are giving them way too much credit. Let's see what happens, when say...they even have the average amount of injuries.

You are giving them way too much credit. Let's see what happens, when say...they even have the average amount of injuries.

If by chance they have ANY injuries on the OL, they can hang up their season and start planning for next year. Hell, it's going to be rough as it is with the guys they already have in place.

I give people credit where it's due. They have incredible amount of talent on that team, it's just coached horribly. Fortunately for us we benefit from that. :D

I give people credit where it's due. They have incredible amount of talent on that team, it's just coached horribly. Fortunately for us we benefit from that. :D

Guys, we need an intervention. ESPN has got to him.

Guys, we need an intervention. ESPN has got to him.

:ols:

Not in the least. I'm not casting my ballot that the Cowboys will be in the Super Bowl (just the opposite actually). I just said they are loaded with talent and have a **** for brains coach. This is why I think they aren't going to ever do **** with Wade Phillips as head coach. He's horrible, and thank the football gods he's with the Cowboys....lol

It's like this. Regardless of the talent a coach has on his team, he's always got a chance if Wade Phillips is on the opposite sideline as a head coach. :ols:

Archived