Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL: Marshal Faulk picks Skins to win NFC East (bump from 2010)

TheShredder

I always liked it better when the analysts picked the 'skins to do poorly - kept the team from getting a big head, and maybe gave them a chip on their shoulder. I'd rather our team get trashed in the media and actually respond by winning some games, rather than get hyped up by the media and respond by always falling short (like the Cowgirls and Chargers always seem to do).

I used to feel that way. And, as a Skins fan, it was fine since we never really had any sustained success, just a year here or there where we'd rise up and surprised the league.

However, if we're EVER going to be a contender, we're going to have to be able to be hyped up nationally AND win games. You can't climb the NFL mountain by sneaking up on teams every year.

So, though I'd prefer to have no press and win instead of being hyped and lose....ideally I'd rather be hyped and win. The Colts do it. The Patriots do it. The Steelers do it. The Eagles do it.

With this new direction, we can do it too. This year we might have to sneak up on teams since the majority of "experts" are going to dismiss us. But, if we start winning, eventually we'll need to win as favorites to be champions.

I used to feel that way. And, as a Skins fan, it was fine since we never really had any sustained success, just a year here or there where we'd rise up and surprised the league.

However, if we're EVER going to be a contender, we're going to have to be able to be hyped up nationally AND win games. You can't climb the NFL mountain by sneaking up on teams every year.

So, though I'd prefer to have no press and win instead of being hyped and lose....ideally I'd rather be hyped and win. The Colts do it. The Patriots do it. The Steelers do it. The Eagles do it.

With this new direction, we can do it too. This year we might have to sneak up on teams since the majority of "experts" are going to dismiss us. But, if we start winning, eventually we'll need to win as favorites to be champions.

You responded to him before I was going to. I agree with you and add that I'm sick of playing the "underdog" role. I don't want to fly under the radar. I want the team to come up and punch other teams in the mouth. I want the media to say, "Whoa, look what they got going on up there in DC. Look out, this team will beat your ass if you're not careful." I want to be the favorite. I want to go into the offseason thinking we'll go all the way. That's what makes it fun. Not, "well, if we luck out in a couple of games, we might go 9-7 or 10-6 and get a wildcard." Bullcrap. I want us to be a top 4 conference favorite every year. I want teams to hate playing us. Like the 80s Skins.

You responded to him before I was going to. I agree with you and add that I'm sick of playing the "underdog" role. I don't want to fly under the radar. I want the team to come up and punch other teams in the mouth. I want the media to say, "Whoa, look what they got going on up there in DC. Look out, this team will beat your ass if you're not careful." I want to be the favorite. I want to go into the offseason thinking we'll go all the way. That's what makes it fun. Not, "well, if we luck out in a couple of games, we might go 9-7 or 10-6 and get a wildcard." Bullcrap. I want us to be a top 4 conference favorite every year. I want teams to hate playing us. Like the 80s Skins.

:cheers:

I agree. I look back to the 91 season (even though I was 5) and remember how the Redskins were the team to beat. We were predicted to win it all, and we did. No one even came close. That team could have even gone undefeated. Those days are long gone, but Im hoping that we can achieve something similar. If not, at least snag another Lombardi sometime soon

Two quick points on this:

1. Marshall Faulk is not (yet) a Hall of Famer.

2. He is, however, apparently a drug addict, and/or doesn't actually watch NFL games. Picking the team that didn't win a single division game last year to actually win the division . . . clueless!

Because it is impossible for bad teams to turn good season-to-season in the NFL.

No team has ever been helped by preseason picks. I could care less about any of the preseason ranking crap. The only thing that will matter, is when the regualr season starts, and W's in the standings.

Come on man, its the start of training camp... I agree that preseason predictions do not matter however we have not played any games yet so obviously that is the only thing we can talk about. :dallasuck

And picking the Redskins to win the division? That's just silly. I'd love to be wrong, but this team hasn't won the division in over 10 years, is coming off a 4-12 season, and didn't win a single division game last year. Rome wasn't built in a day, and division winners aren't usually built overnight either.

I'm a true fan, but not a blind one.

You do realize Football is the only professional American sport that has regularly turned over piss poor teams into highly successful ones in the span of one offseason, right? The same thing happens in reverse.

Maybe you're the one who doesn't watch football.

I was using an adjective in describing Marshal Faulk as a Hall of Famer. He is a first vote sure thing and an extremely smart football player.

I also find him honest and pointed to the other comments about how

AH would pull up lame if they kept messing with him. That's a very real comment to make on a show like that.

Mostly I didn't expect bold predictions about the Redskins...Who knew!?!

Who expected??? Not me bro!

I like what the Skins are doing and they are definitely ready to compete this year!

My predictions....In comparison, they look to be a playoff capable team and past that...It's all 'Even-Steven' when you get in the playoffs!

HAIL!!!:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky

2. He is, however, apparently a drug addict, and/or doesn't actually watch NFL games. Picking the team that didn't win a single division game last year to actually win the division . . . clueless!

Did somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :ols:

I like Marshall and Jay Johnston is a doofus regardless of how they pick the Skins to finish.

I made this prediction earlier today (Don't get mad Peoples...it wasnt easy to type this...lol)

Cowturds 12-4

Redskins 10-6 (11-5 if we can sweep the eagles)

Giants 8-8 (Yes they'll flop as their running game flounders mid season)

Eagles 6-10 (I think there Offense will be fine...defensive let downs are gonna destroy them)

That's good news to me. Faulk is one of NFL Networks best analysts so that has to count for something.

Just a quick a note dude...

Of coarse? I think you meant of course. Just wanted to let you know. Not trying to call you out.

Good post.

the bengals only won 1 division game in 2008 and they swept their division last year

Sorry if it there was a previous thread to this....

On NFL Network Marshal Faulk picks Redskins to win NFC East.

Warren Sapp picks Redskins to finish 2nd behind the Cowgirls.

and of coarse Jay Johnston picks the Redskins to finish Third (behind which two wasn't stated).

Of coarse it's not ESPN, as the Redskins don't get any props from them, ever!

However, it's was nice to hear a Hall of Famer pick the Redskins on NFL Network!

HAIL!!!:point2sky

Who is "Jay Johnston"?

I think you meant Darrell "Moose" Johnston.

];7664137']You do realize Football is the only professional American sport that has regularly turned over piss poor teams into highly successful ones in the span of one offseason' date=' right? The same thing happens in reverse.

Maybe you're the one who doesn't watch football.[/quote']

Dude, what about the Celtics before signing the Big Three a couple years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not really a basketball fan, but they went from piss poor to (T.J. Hoosh-uh-muh-loo) Championship in one year, right? Thats part of the reason that I don't like basketball. You can sign ONE free agent player, and all of the sudden you are a championship contender*.

*I know the celtics signed three in this example, it doesn't make my point any less correct.

Archived