Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL: Marshal Faulk picks Skins to win NFC East (bump from 2010)

TheShredder

There's only been 1 season - Jim Zorn's 2nd season - where I didn't even entertain the possibility of the Skins surprising and winning a division out of nowhere.

Who picked the Bucs to win 10 games last year after winning 3 the year before? Or the Rams to win 7-8 games last year?

And those are just 2 of the most recent turnarounds. It does happen.... it can happen.

The freakin' Bengals have won a division title in the past 3 years. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!

I don't see that - yet. I am 100% behind my Skins and believe they will be vastly improved and surprise alot of the naysayers. I like our team pretty much from top to bottom and support Shanny and Bruce 100%. I do believe we will NOT finish last in the NFCE again this year. But I can't say that right now in this moment -let's see how the season plays out.

HTTR!!

I don't see that - yet. I am 100% behind my Skins and believe they will be vastly improved and surprise alot of the naysayers. I like our team pretty much from top to bottom and support Shanny and Bruce 100%. I do believe we will NOT finish last in the NFCE again this year. But I can't say that right now in this moment -let's see how the season plays out.

HTTR!!

And don't forget the Chiefs winning the division last year! :)

Granted, I didn't say those are my expectations.... but there *is* a possibility for the Skins to exceed expectations this year. That is the easiest schedule I've seen the Skins have in a long time. Unfortunately, we secured that kind of schedule in our 2nd season of rebuilding.... as opposed to year 3-4... which we'd have to consider ourselves as contenders for the Super Bowl at that point (assuming we've progressing as a team and having that kind of cakewalk through the season).

But while you're continuing to build... what better way than to start off with a relatively light schedule and see how far along we are in the process. If we lose games we shouldn't lose.... we'll have a pretty good idea of where this team is. However, if they're able to consistently beat some of the weaker teams and build some momentum..... what better way to prepare for those tough tests in the latter half of the schedule. Because if the schedule was the other way around... the season could be derailed in the 1st month of football.

Everyone is sleeping on the Redskins. That's good news to me because the so called experts have their sights set on the NFL's elite, excluding the Washington Redskins. The so called experts are always saying the Redskins have the worst QB situation in the NFL. We'll see about that. As far as Marshall Faulk selecting the Redskins to win the NFC East, he must have vision that other so called experts who cover football don't have. Obviously, he can see something that they can't. Everyone knows that there are no clear cut favorites in the NFC EAST. Everyone says Philly, but I beg to differ. The Eagles have Vick, McCoy, and Desean Jackson and a talented CB unit on defense. The Redskins have playmakers on both sides of the ball too and the Redskins also have a great coaching staff. This Redskin team is definitely a sleeper. I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins won 11 games this season.

Well, at least he's not another media lemming, not sure that he's correct, but at least he's willing to THINK about it instead of just spouting the same **** that everyone else says, "No QB, blah blah blah, no QB, blah blah blah".

That's what I'm more tired of hearing, people saying the same **** over and over when they haven't paid any attention. McNabb sucked last season, Grossman played better in the short time he was in, I figure Grossman will probably play a little better this year (less turnovers) but not quite as many yards. There's really no reason the Skins should be worse. Easier schedule than last season, better starting unit across the board, players who now fit both the defensive and offensive schemes, and most of the players now know the systems. Where are they worse?

Here's to Marshall, for better or worse :cheers:

I was about to start a new thread on this but I found this one.

Marshall Faulk picks the Redskins to win the NFC East again.

The whole time he was talking Michael Irvin was cutting him off trying to argue about it but this is what he said.

The OL and DL look like they are going to dominate and will easily be the best on the division. The DL is getting major pressure on their own which will make the LB's job that much easier.

Hightower is going to be unstoppable (or something like that) he compared him to Terrell Davis favorably and said the blocking is going to dominate just like in Denver. Said Grossman should be fine but he won't be the focal point of the offense.

Then Michael Irvin blurted in several times with crap like: Who are they gonna throw the ball to? Who are their receivers, they don't have anybody on that team.

Irvin's been in the Coke again. :D

well even the guy who bumped the thread made it seem like marshall had picked them again

And don't forget the Chiefs winning the division last year! :)

The NFC East's a much tougher division than the AFC West. Phillip Rivers is the only qb that you would 'fear" in that division.

Yes any given Sunday any team can win or lose. The 2011-12 Redskins are no exceptions and I would be thrilled if we did win the NFC East this year.

I think we are much more disciplined than any team we've fielded in the past ten years. Gone are the constant distractions and controversies that took away the singular focus of WINNING. I see chemistry and a physicality that we haven't seen since the 2005 Washington Redskins under Gibbs/Williams. That certainly bodes well for us but we also have to learn how to win close games and close out games and not give up 4th qtr leads. I BELIEVE in what we are building here and look forward to the return of this team as the class organization we had been in the past.

To everyone saying that this is a year old....Check page 5, post 65. There is an updated 2011 post that says Faulk AGAIN, picked the Redskins.

I don't have NFL Net, so I don't know if it's true. Either way.....I am stoked for the season.

I think we can surprise some people. Sneak up on them in first few weeks, and hopefully get the momentum to start winning even more.

I see about 8-8 +/-2 wins.

I think Hightower is going to be a BEAST this season. HTTR!

:giantsuck::eaglesuck::dallasuck:

Two quick points on this:

1. Marshall Faulk is not (yet) a Hall of Famer.

2. He is, however, apparently a drug addict, and/or doesn't actually watch NFL games. Picking the team that didn't win a single division game last year to actually win the division . . . clueless!

How can you say I guys is clueless when you can't even come back with correct information. Just so you know that the Redskins were 2-4 in the division last year. So talk about clueless.

Um, nope, we didn't win a single division game, we won 2 division games. The Redskins beat Dallas in Washington to open the season, and 3 weeks later beat the Eagles in Philly.

Read the date of the post you quoted, and then come back with your apology.

---------- Post added September-8th-2011 at 10:05 AM ----------

How can you say I guys is clueless when you can't even come back with correct information. Just so you know that the Redskins were 2-4 in the division last year. So talk about clueless.

You need to learn about dates, too.

Archived