Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's do this. Crushing the Bookie in 2010.

illone

Yea, the more I look at that game the more I like it. The Jets hype machine is going to get a rude awakening Monday night. :ols:

You like KC tho????? Man one of the games Im almost 100% on is SD smashing. I guess we will wait and find out. Wanna make some kind of funny bet on it? Not money just something for bragging rights???? We can pick a game each week and make a funny bet if you want! I respect your knowlege and this could be fun =)

A lot of people are expecting SD to smash, that makes me like the bet even more.

1. Two of SD three best players are out. McNeil and Jackson. If you watched the Vikings game last night you saw Favre have literally nobody to throw to except his tight end. Eerily similar here.

2. Kansas City is not the slouch team that most people think. They quietly went about their business and upgraded their team. More so than many teams in that division. I'd argue their team made the most improvements than any other in that division. Romeo Crennel is now running that defense, which is great for them.

3. Chargers always start slow. Last year they started 2-2 and the year before they started 0-2 before finally getting it together. Last year they struggled to beat a BAD oakland team (@ Oak) and I see the same thing happening in this game.

SD is a safer bet later in the season but starting out the year they will not blow KC out. Anytime a team is at home getting points on MNF I am all over it. This is a great spot for the Chefs.

I think you just convinced me to take the Chiefs haha

Do your own research for sure, but I just don't see how SD can blow this team out. maybe a late field goal to win it, but 4.5 points is a lot for a team without their best receiver to cover.

If I am the Chefs I put an extra safety or DB on Gates on 3rd down, load up the run on 1st and 2nd down and I think I can stop the chargers.

And the chefs on offense? They now have a dynamic runner in Jamaal Charles, top tier receiver in Bowe and a potentially special 3rd down guy in McCluster. And don't forget Thomas Jones is the primary guy who still has some gas in the tank.

Watch out for the Chiefs:thumbsup: I wouldn't be shocked if they won this game straight up.

Good knowledge on the Chiefs. I wonder if that line will move at all in the Chiefs favor before gametime??

I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with parlays this year or just do single bets. Parlays always entice me, but rarely do they work out. :)

What I did last year was choose a 2-3 game parlay for the early games, and put another one together for late games. Here's some games I'm liking so far, without studying up too much yet...

Early:

Dolphins (-3) @ Bills

Falcons (-1.5) @ Steelers

Browns (+3) @ Bucs

Colts (-2) @ Texans

Late:

Packers (-3) @ Eagles

49ers (-3) @ Seahawks

Just noticed from typing that out that I like all road teams, LOL! Might have to rethink some of these. :D

Thoughts on any of these games?

KC is going to be tough for sure ESPECIALLY at home. I am not sold on their defense though. I like the Chargers ST too.

I am thinking a 24-14 final score with the Chargers on top.

See we keep thinking alike. I see 27-13. illone has an outstanding track record and always does his homework but even without Jackson and McNeil I see an easy victory for SD. They still have good recievers and I think their running game will be alot better this season.

Good knowledge on the Chiefs. I wonder if that line will move at all in the Chiefs favor before gametime??

I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with parlays this year or just do single bets. Parlays always entice me, but rarely do they work out. :)

What I did last year was choose a 2-3 game parlay for the early games, and put another one together for late games. Here's some games I'm liking so far, without studying up too much yet...

Early:

Dolphins (-3) @ Bills

Falcons (-1.5) @ Steelers

Browns (+3) @ Bucs

Colts (-2) @ Texans

Late:

Packers (-3) @ Eagles

49ers (-3) @ Seahawks

Just noticed from typing that out that I like all road teams, LOL! Might have to rethink some of these. :D

Thoughts on any of these games?

I like all your bets EXCEPT the Browns. Not that the Browns cant win but Tampa isnt an easy place to play and there are a lot more easier bets out there.

Last season, two fantasy football teams took too much attention and focus away from my betting. And instead of spectacular results, I had a crappy year.

So it's back to what has always worked for me--no FF this season, so I can concentrate on redistributing money from the pockets of my bookie, into mine.

I am going to call my book today, and apologize in advance.

First play of 2010--Taking Florida State + 7 points over Oklahoma. $300.

At 32? No problem. At your age, I did everything you are doing, plus I used to walk back and forth from school 5 miles a day. And uphill both ways.:pfft:

Come see me when you hit 40. :cheers:

Trying to figure out which way 100 or more individual stocks are going to move each day, and making good football bets is all the sensory stimulation I can take these days. Anything else would cause vertigo.:ols:

Good luck this weekend, and this betting season.

Last season, two fantasy football teams took too much attention and focus away from my betting. And instead of spectacular results, I had a crappy year.

So it's back to what has always worked for me--no FF this season, so I can concentrate on redistributing money from the pockets of my bookie, into mine.

I am going to call my book today, and apologize in advance.

First play of 2010--Taking Florida State + 7 points over Oklahoma. $300.

Bro I think you are cool ass people but you have started where you left off. Please keep posting your bets so I can do the opposite and get rich this football season :)

where here are my parlays for the week... kind of riding that GB game hard,.. probably should have left GB off one of my parlays but i feel THAT strong about the GB game.

PARLAY (5 TEAMS)

09/12/2010 @ 10:00 AM NFL [455] MIAMI -3-115

09/12/2010 @ 10:00 AM NFL [457] ATLANTA -2-110

09/12/2010 @ 01:15 PM NFL [471] GREEN BAY -3+105

09/12/2010 @ 01:15 PM NFL [473] SAN FRANCISCO -3-105

09/12/2010 @ 05:20 PM NFL [478] WASHINGTON +170

to win 939.25

PARLAY (4 TEAMS)

09/12/2010 @ 10:00 AM NFL [457] ATLANTA -2-110

09/12/2010 @ 10:00 AM NFL [467] INDIANAPOLIS -2-110

09/12/2010 @ 01:15 PM NFL [473] SAN FRANCISCO -3-105

to win 679.36

PARLAY (2 TEAMS)

09/12/2010 @ 10:00 AM NFL [467] INDIANAPOLIS -2-110

to win 145.68

Bankroll: 200 (Even for the year)

At 32? No problem. At your age, I did everything you are doing, plus I used to walk back and forth from school 5 miles a day. And uphill both ways.:pfft:

Come see me when you hit 40. :cheers:

Trying to figure out which way 100 or more individual stocks are going to move each day, and making good football bets is all the sensory stimulation I can take these days. Anything else would cause vertigo.:ols:

Good luck this weekend, and this betting season.

I know, I'm messing with you.

Hey there is still hope for you, I just read an article in forbes that says age 45-55 is a man's prime earning years. Stay the course, it'll work out eventually:ols:

LOL I know... The last few weeks and playoffs last season were horrible for me =) I posted all my picks for this week and will continue to do that. In my 50 man league that we pick tickets I am always top 5 for the season and won 2 seasons ago by a HUGE margin. I picked the Saints so Im 1-1 so far this season =) Lets all work together and help each other make some dough!!!

Archived