Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's do this. Crushing the Bookie in 2010.

illone

Hope you guys are getting in on this.

What you are trying here is effectively a Martingale, which exchanges a very good chance of a small victory for a very small chance of a devastating loss.

That's fine as far as it goes, but it doesn't really affect your overall expected return on the bets. Either you're getting more right than you're not or not.

If, for instance, the Pirates go on a 10 game winning streak, and assuming you follow your system strictly, you'll get crushed.

It's highly unlikely, but that's the point. Expected Value= amount of return * probability of return. Over the long haul, lowering the probability and raising the amount (in this case, of loss) will still lead you to the same expected return at the end. It'll just be 99 small wins coupled with 1 huge loss (or whatever the numbers are).

What you are trying here is effectively a Martingale, which exchanges a very good chance of a small victory for a very small chance of a devastating loss.

Sounds good:ols:

At the end of the day, gambling is gambling.

You can't put lipstick on a pig and expect much.

That said, this system has been making money. I'm not buying my own island anytime soon, but I'm up close to $300 profit betting $10 per game.

I understand your point, but I'm having fun and making money so :D.

I understand your point, but I'm having fun and making money so :D.

Sounds great to me. :)

I'm just a bit of a math geek, and I wanted to be sure that you understood that varying the size of your bets (in this case, in a Martingale) does not actually change your long term expected return.

You could do just as well (or poorly) over time by making the bet a flat sum every time, whether it's a win or a loss. This way just has bigger swings.

The key is the underlying bet. You seem to be relying on the idea that the gambling community as a whole has undervalued just how bad the Pirates suck, and so the line is always wrong.

If you're right, you'll make money (though not if you share this too much ;)). If you're wrong, no system will increase the expected return.

Week one I am loving the Skins as a home doggie.

Getting 3.5? C'mon, with the cowboys depleted oline I think the Skins have a legit shot in that game.

TREND: Skins are 9-24 against the spread at home in the first month of the season. (courtesy the info I got from my book just this weekend).

TREND: Skins are 9-24 against the spread at home in the first month of the season. (courtesy the info I got from my book just this weekend).

Let's look at how they fare when faced with a home underdog situation in week one...

:D

• 3 weeks later...

All my pick:

Minn +4

Car +7

Mia -3

Atl -2.5

Det +7

Cinci +5.5

Cleve +3

Den +2.5

Indi -3

Tenn -6.5

G.B. -1

S.F. -2.5

Arz -4

Wash +3.5

Balt +3

S.D. -5.5

I agree the 1st few weeks are the easiest bets and you can get up quick on the season. My 7 for sure bets are:

Mia -3

Indi -3

Tenn -6.5

G.B. -1

S.F. -2.5

Wash +3.5

S.D. -5.5

Man I love betting like you Illone. I actually do something simular when playing Blackjack. I wish I would have known your system at the beginning of the baseball season. I will do it next season for sure. I know teams get better so I will have to change the 3 teams that you have this season. Thanks for the heads up!

I agree the 1st few weeks are the easiest bets and you can get up quick on the season. My 7 for sure bets are:

Mia -3

Indi -3

Tenn -6.5

G.B. -1

S.F. -2.5

Wash +3.5

S.D. -5.5

Pretty solid. I like :

At New Orleans -4 Minnesota 51

At NY Giants -7 Carolina 41

Miami-3 At Buffalo 37.5

Atlanta -2.5 At Pittsburgh 38

At Chicago -7 Detroit 42.5

At New England -6 Cincinnati 43

At Tampa Bay -2.5 Cleveland 36 ---Nothing.

At Jacksonville -1.5 Denver 39.5 ---Nothing

Indianapolis -3 At Houston 46.5

At Tennessee -7 Oakland 41

Green Bay -1 At Philadelphia 44.5

San Francisco -2.5 At Seattle 38

Arizona -3.5 At St. Louis 40

Dallas -3.5 At Washington 41.5 ---Staying clear, but I do like the Skins in this game.

At NY Jets -3 Baltimore 37

San Diego -6 At Kansas City 45

Thanks I pick my ticket then switch 3 random games. You will never pick a perfect ticket so if you switch 3 random games it really helps. At least it helps me. Our picks are pretty close except one game I am totally against is I think the Colts will beat Houston by 10 ;) Good luck! This is my favorite all time thread here at ES!!!

Thanks I pick my ticket then switch 3 random games. You will never pick a perfect ticket so if you switch 3 random games it really helps. At least it helps me. Our picks are pretty close except one game I am totally against is I think the Colts will beat Houston by 10 ;) Good luck! This is my favorite all time thread here at ES!!!

You're welcome. This year I am going to make some stretch picks on certain weeks. But some locks. Regarding your seven locks 5 of them I am pretty damn sure about. The Redskins being the other that could go either way (And that is mostly my paranoia about betting on my own favorite team).

That Colts/Texans game...

I feel like the Texans will win outright. :silly:

:point2sky

I will make a side bet on that with you. After the game the loser has to come to this thread and call the other one Big Daddy. So if I lost I would just post "Kosher Ham is Big Daddy". And I will be giving you the 3 points if you take the bet!

I will make a side bet on that with you. After the game the loser has to come to this thread and call the other one Big Daddy. So if I lost I would just post "Kosher Ham is Big Daddy". And I will be giving you the 3 points if you take the bet!

Sounds good to me. Especially with the points at home.

Big Daddy Kosh...I like it. :ols:

=) that is a pretty simple bet. Me and my friends here in person get some really crazy ass stuff that probably cant be posted about =) I like the bet and cant wait for you to bow down suuuuuuuucka!!!!!!! This might be a seaon long thing we have started here. I might see you calling me Big Daddy every week till Febuary.

• 2 weeks later...
me personally.. never had those problems...

just use a site that is big and active.

I also dont like sites that have withdraw system where you have to pay a fee so the current site that I use will let you withdraw free once a week via check. It took them a 1-1.5 week to arrive after I requested it. Its a pretty good turn around i think.

Which site is that? I am looking to start this year but I don't want to pay $25 or so to withdraw any money. A place with no fees would be great.

Which site is that? I am looking to start this year but I don't want to pay $25 or so to withdraw any money. A place with no fees would be great.

bookmaker.com

they are running some good promotion for beginners like

deposit $100 and get $100 bonus

but the roll is 20x... which means if you deposit $100 then you need to bet $2000 before you can withdraw...

it sucks if you want to make a quick buck but if you are in the for the whole season and you are just wanting to get started then is a good deal.. more than likely you will lose all your money so who cares about the roll.. hahaha

man i wanted to put down more money on this parlay but trying to stay in control.. I might put down a slimmed down version of this bet later in the week

Parlay Wager - 1 Parlay of 5 Teams: Risking $25 to win $939.25

MIAMI -3-115

ATLANTA -2-110

GREEN BAY -3+105

SAN FRANCISCO -3-105

WASHINGTON +170

Bankroll: $200

Archived