Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's do this. Crushing the Bookie in 2010.

illone

You're the one that doesn't make any sense. Liking the Chiefs on the road has absolutely nothing to do with the Pats-Jets game. None, whatsover. The Browns still appear to be pretty bad. Jake still appears to be the Jake of last year; throwin' it to the other club. And I don't have any idea what Mangini is doing. How the hell do you have a pretty talented back like Harrison and you're splitting his carries with Peyton ****ing Hillis?!?!?!...Plus the Chiefs looked MUCH improved against SD.

I was just joshin ya.

No way you can convince me the Chefs are a better play than the Pats. They are similar in my mind due to both being on the road :whoknows:

I agree, the Chiefs look improved but let's not crown them yet. The Pats are a veteran team who has PROVEN they can win on the road. The chiefs won a big game at home to open against a weak SD team who is missing some pieces. Huge difference, dude.

Loved the chiefs as a home dog but as a road fave let's take it easy before we do that.

:2cents:

Am I crazy to take the Bengals and Browns this week?

I think the Ravens are the better team, but they just had a tough game Monday night and have to travel again to Cincinnati. The Bengals beat the Ravens twice last year and usually play well against the Ravens. You know the Bengals aren't going to want to start 0-2. So its very tempting.

The Chiefs are also coming off of a hard fought Monday night game against a division rival. They are traveling to Cleveland, and the Browns played ok against the Bucs. The Chiefs beat the Chargers, but the Chargers had a chance to tie it up late in the 4th quarter but coudn't score from inside the 10. So its not like Chiefs were completely dominant. I just feel Vegas set the odds in that game so people would want to take the Chiefs as underdogs.

I think the Ravens are the better team, but they just had a tough game Monday night and have to travel again to Cincinnati. The Bengals beat the Ravens twice last year and usually play well against the Ravens. You know the Bengals aren't going to want to start 0-2. So its very tempting.

The Chiefs are also coming off of a hard fought Monday night game against a division rival. They are traveling to Cleveland, and the Browns played ok against the Bucs. The Chiefs beat the Chargers, but the Chargers had a chance to tie it up late in the 4th quarter but coudn't score from inside the 10. So its not like Chiefs were completely dominant. I just feel Vegas set the odds in that game so people would want to take the Chiefs as underdogs.

I can see those games going either way but I do feel the Ravens will beat Cinci. I am not impressed at all with the Browns and were impressed by the Cheifs and thats why I took the Cheifs. also I think the Pats will EASILY beat the Jets. Jets D is great but their O is iffy. Pats D is good and their O is great expecially with a healthy Welker. Pats were an easy pick for me this week. Also I see Payton whooping his brother by 14 too.

I agree that the Ravens are better than Cincy, but we probably thought the same thing too. A desperate team at home against a division rival is hard to bet against.

And I just see the Chiefs having a let down, they just won a big game against a division rival on Monday night. They have a short week and have to travel to Cleveland.

Right now I have both the Ravens and Chiefs picked, but now I can't make up my mind.

I agree that the Ravens are better than Cincy, but we probably thought the same thing too. A desperate team at home against a division rival is hard to bet against.

And I just see the Chiefs having a let down, they just won a big game against a division rival on Monday night. They have a short week and have to travel to Cleveland.

Right now I have both the Ravens and Chiefs picked, but now I can't make up my mind.

I felt really good about these picks. Now you guys are making me wonder. DAMN you guys LOL

What he's saying is that you said its dumb to take the Pats because they are on the road, but you're saying the Chiefs are a great pick even though they are on the road and have had a short week since they played Monday night.

That's not what I was saying. I was asking him if he thought the Jets were gonna start the year 0-2 while losing both games at home. Its a fair question. And I never said the Chiefs were a great pick. I merely said I liked them over the Browns. However, if Tyson Jackson is out, I like them a little less.

I can't believe the pats were at +1 earlier this week after the offensive game the Jets played on Monday

Uh, the Jets played a very good Ravens squad. They're gonna make alot of teams look unimpressive. The Pats are a great offensive team. The Jets are a great defensive club. The spread is about where it should be, imo.

Gotta agree with BS about the browns-cheifs game

Harrison is the talent there, use him.

Same could be said about Jaamal Charles though. He should be getting the majority of work for KC

Yeah, I don't get that either. I could see them using Jones down around the goalline. But not sure why he is the starter. My guess is that he won't be as the season progresses.

I was just joshin ya.

No way you can convince me the Chefs are a better play than the Pats. They are similar in my mind due to both being on the road :whoknows:

I agree, the Chiefs look improved but let's not crown them yet. The Pats are a veteran team who has PROVEN they can win on the road. The chiefs won a big game at home to open against a weak SD team who is missing some pieces. Huge difference, dude.

Loved the chiefs as a home dog but as a road fave let's take it easy before we do that.

:2cents:

SD is weak now? lol I think people are getting too excited over the Pats. Its been one game, people. If they do win on Sunday, that will certainly get my attention.

Don't forget the Chiefs have Romeo Crennel now as their defensive coordinator. He seems to be making huge gains with that defense already. Their defense looked so much more improved Monday than they were all of last year. And you know he would like to beat his old club.

SD is weak now? lol I think people are getting too excited over the Pats. Its been one game, people. If they do win on Sunday, that will certainly get my attention.

SD is one dimensional right now. The head of the snake is Gates. Stop him and you can stop SD. Crennel knew it, and it showed the way he triple-teamed him:ols:

Tons of value fading that team right now, too. Jags are getting seven points? Just got word that the chargers game is blacked out as some 7K fans can't find it in them to make it to the HOME OPENER!!!! http://www.10news.com/news/25058869/detail.html

Sad. When was the last blackout in DC? :ols:

I'm starting to really like the jags this week.

In regards to the Pats, I just don't trust the jets secondary right now. I like the Jets defense, and they will be fired up for this game, but if Joe Flacco can move the ball with Housh and Boldin, I KNOW Brady can move the ball with Welker, Moss and Hernandez.

Pats win 24-13. Jets just don't have the offense to compete right now.

Well with Jake out and Seneca Wallace starting for Clevelend this week I now feel confident again on the Cheifs pick!

I am not saying I hate the Chiefs pick but I would try and find a way to buy some pts if I were you, just saying last week was the Chiefs playing in front of 75,000 chiefs fans at home, this week the Browns will be in the same situation and Seneca might be a better fit for them than Delhomme, look for Josh Cribbs to blow up this week at home.

SD is one dimensional right now. The head of the snake is Gates. Stop him and you can stop SD. Crennel knew it, and it showed the way he triple-teamed him:ols:

Tons of value fading that team right now, too. Jags are getting seven points? Just got word that the chargers game is blacked out as some 7K fans can't find it in them to make it to the HOME OPENER!!!! http://www.10news.com/news/25058869/detail.html

Sad. When was the last blackout in DC? :ols:

I'm starting to really like the jags this week.

The Chiefs might have doubled, and sometimes tripled Gates, but he still managed to score.

And I wouldn't use that game as a barometer on how SD's season is gonna go. The game was played in a downpour. Rivers couldn't get anything on his throws. And it was Mathews' first ever start. And that's about as hostile as it gets. Especially when you consider those Chiefs fans had been tailgating all day long, or getting boozed up at the Royals game, earlier in the day.

Jags have no shot in that one, bro.

I am not saying I hate the Chiefs pick but I would try and find a way to buy some pts if I were you, just saying last week was the Chiefs playing in front of 75,000 chiefs fans at home, this week the Browns will be in the same situation and Seneca might be a better fit for them than Delhomme, look for Josh Cribbs to blow up this week at home.

Wallace is absolutely horrible. Even worse than Delhomme, if you can believe that. If the Browns are smart, they will start to feed it to Harrison. And mix in some Hillis. Not the other way around! (dumbass Mangini). The Browns also need to get Winslow more involved.

Still say the Chiefs pull that one out.

Wallace is absolutely horrible. Even worse than Delhomme, if you can believe that. If the Browns are smart, they will start to feed it to Harrison. And mix in some Hillis. Not the other way around! (dumbass Mangini). The Browns also need to get Winslow more involved.

Still say the Chiefs pull that one out.

Winslow wont play most likely and Delhomme was a desperate pickup for Holmgren, he didnt have the pass blocking to run a WCO so its no wonder his QB is nursing an injury after game 1. The Browns should resort back to last seasons offense under Wallace where they started to make some real progress in their last 4 games with a run 1st gimmick attack.

My lock of the week:

-take GB -13 and the over (43) this one is going to get ugly, GB will walk all over Buffalo this week and win by 20+, this one will be over by halftime.

Yes, this one looks like as sure a bet as any this weekend from the slate of NFL games. I threw $100 on it. I'm also taking Dallas and giving the pts and taking Philly and giving up 6.5

Yes, this one looks like as sure a bet as any this weekend from the slate of NFL games. I threw $100 on it. I'm also taking Dallas and giving the pts and taking Philly and giving up 6.5

I like all 3 of your bets. Those are all games I saw as for sure wins. Even with the pointspread.

someone has to keep you in line

Even the great ones make mistakes.

I was gonna say the same. Not sure if I would take advice from someone that thinks Winslow is on a team that he got traded from 2 seasons ago! Well before last seasons draft.

Ugh. It was an honest mistake, guys. I know he plays for the Bucs, as I had him on one of my fantasy teams last week. And I specifically picked him because I knew he was facing his old team. Plus the fact that Tampa's d sucked last year.

Matt, if you really want to go there with this, I will keep reminding everyone of your bright idea to bench Arian Foster last week lol.

And Hogg, you made a horrible mistake of starting Rice and Greene last week.

Two can play this game, guys.

Archived