Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's do this. Crushing the Bookie in 2010.

illone

ha ha...been fun 2 weeks. Up a little in torrid 2 week run...letting it ride on STL tonite -3.

Hit my 3 team parlay...barely, but lost opn a straight up indy bet -9. I thought their run game was back and they'd smoke Tenn. Their D in general was exposed again and I'm officialy off this team for playoffs. If they had won big I was gonna ridfe 18.

If I win got little bump for Playoffs, remaining bowl games. If I lose, prolly gonna pack it in for year outside a solitary bet or two on Super Bowl.

Although, I would like to have a bankropll for Stanford, as I forecast that game as a good play.

Good luck all

Alright...moving on to the wildcard games:

Saints -11 v Seahawks

Colts -2.5 v Jets

Ravens -3 v Chiefs

Eagles -2.5 v Packers

My knee jerk reaction is to leave the Saints game alone. Seahawks are too fickle. Manning is 5-1 against Rex Ryan defenses and has ended the season on a high note. I like the Colts -2.5. I also like the Ravens -3 v Chiefs. Both are coming off of disappointing games (albeit, the Ravens won), but the Chiefs defense looked horrible against the Raider's offense. I believe the Ravens, if Joe Flacco can rebound from last week, pose a more serious threat on O. Both the Packers and Eagles are Katy Peryrish - hot then cold, yes then no, in then out etc...so not sure I want to touch that either.

Ideas?

My knee jerk reaction is to leave the Saints game alone. Seahawks are too fickle. Manning is 5-1 against Rex Ryan defenses and has ended the season on a high note. I like the Colts -2.5. I also like the Ravens -3 v Chiefs. Both are coming off of disappointing games (albeit, the Ravens won), but the Chiefs defense looked horrible against the Raider's offense. I believe the Ravens, if Joe Flacco can rebound from last week, pose a more serious threat on O. Both the Packers and Eagles are Katy Peryrish - hot then cold, yes then no, in then out etc...so not sure I want to touch that either.

Ideas?

I wouldn't read too much into that KC loss, they had zero incentive to win and the Raiders, driven by their loopy, grudge holding owner, wanted to look good in a completely meaningless win. If I bet anything on that game (Balt/KC) I think it would be the under (although I haven't looked at what it is yet). The Ravens are always hard pressed to put up points. Look how bad they looked against Cincy this past weekend. I still don't know why they struggle to put up points. I do agree with you that Indy looks like a solid play at home. Seattle very likely will get blown out but laying double digits and on the road, just doesn't make much gambling sense.

I kinda like the Chiefs against the Ravens.

The Chiefs are 7-1 at home and the Ravens big road win was back in Week 1 against the Jets when they won 10-9. They did beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, but that was w/o Roethlisberger. The Ravens just haven't impressed me all year, their defense is no where near as good as it used to be and their offense is too inconsistent.

what are you guys thinking about the Ohio State/Arkansas game tonight ? The line is Ohio St minus three but I'm not sure the Razorbacks can stop anybody.

The buckeyes are 0-9 in bowls against the SEC and are a very young team. I like Arkansas to cover.

EDIT - the more I think about it, Ohio St will score at will. Although Arkansas has a high octane offense, Ohio St has speed/play makers in their secondary. Best Big 10 matchup thus far.

Tough call.

Loaded up on Arkansas +3. They're basically a carbon copy of Stanford. They're going to wreck shop on Ohio St. and continue the SEC dominance against that sorry team. By the way, don't take KC. Weis and Haley aren't on good terms, and with Weis bolting to Florida, I doubt the gameplan against the Ravens is that great. You all saw what happened Sunday against the Raiders.

The buckeyes are 0-9 in bowls against the SEC and are a very young team. I like Arkansas to cover.

EDIT - the more I think about it, Ohio St will score at will. Although Arkansas has a high octane offense, Ohio St has speed/play makers in their secondary. Best Big 10 matchup thus far.

Tough call.

How about the over / under ? It's at 57 pts and I can see both teams lighting it up tonight. Thoughts?

Arkansas +3.5 $500

I like the matchup on paper but I also feel like Mallett is going to put on a show for the scouts today. OSU does have speed on defense to try to negate some of that but arky is fast enough and has a huge physical oline.

Plus, osu stinks against the SEC. I picked osu last year as my big play because i knew they had the speed to negate oregons speed, but Mallett has the type of arm that buckeyes havent seen yet this season. Ill take my chances with the hogs today.

Arkansas +3.5 $500

I like the matchup on paper but I also feel like Mallett is going to put on a show for the scouts today. OSU does have speed on defense to try to negate some of that but arky is fast enough and has a huge physical oline.

Plus, osu stinks against the SEC. I picked osu last year as my big play because i knew they had the speed to negate oregons speed, but Mallett has the type of arm that buckeyes havent seen yet this season. Ill take my chances with the hogs today.

Too bad Mallett's receivers had similar hands to Carlos. Would have been much closer.

OK, so after reading up quite a bit I'm taking the Ravens minus 3 @ KC. I looked at who KC has beaten this year and aside from SD early in the year, they've really bested no impressive teams whatsoever. $150 on the road team it is, I think the Ravens get after Cassel in a big way and ding him up. They win going away.

Im taking the Saints -11

And I took the early line on the Colt -2 1/2

-----------------------------------------------------------

Im staying away from GB and PHI

I kinda have a weird feeling the Cheifs get a win against the Ravens.

---------- Post added January-6th-2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

I just recently began betting any advice on how to grow my fortune?

Are parlays the way to go. Just betting staight up? Or are there other ways?

wow. what quitters we have on here ;)

Seriously though, I've lost $765 in the past two weeks. I'm still positive for the season (approx $350) and won't quit. If you play the averages you never finish out of the money. I haven't finished in the red yet and I'm forgetting the recent bets I missed on. I chased a couple by not thinking them through. The Rams on the road with a rookie QB weren't enough against a really tough environment to play in....oh and no receivers with any talent.

OK, with that out of the way, what do you guys think about Auburn/Oregon? I don't know if I can pick a team, I just don't follow college enough BUT the over/under which is 78 pts, seems incredibly high to me. Thoughts?

GOing with Cam Newton... lines going down, now at -2.5.

Oregon is fast on O, but their Def has been less than stellar. I'm going with the better def and best player on the field.

I also like LSU/Nevada going forward.

I'm on the same page. I took LSU (-2.5), Nevada (-7.5), and Auburn (-2.5).

deejay - 80 pts is definitely possible. It seems high but I wouldn't touch it - both defenses are marginal at best and both offenses are prolific.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what do you think about the over/under? It seems really high to me at 78

I don't see how they go over 78. Both teams would have to score in the 40s, which is possible, but I'd be willing to bet that doesn't happen. I mean even if both teams score in the 30s, that still alot of points and it would still be under.

I still have a pending bet on Auburn. I've been so cold lately that I'm considering buying the bet back so I don't go further in the hole.

Long and short of it is I don't have the same amount of time to study up on the spreads as I used to. No excuses at all for the losses, I take those right on the chin but moving forward I am going to have to free up some time in order for this to make sense anymore.

Good luck to all. Still considering my Auburn bet but my analysis (poor?) looks like Auburn will be able to slow down Oregon's offense but I question Oregon's defensive ability to stop Auburn's multi dimensional offense. If the past 5 or so bets I made mean anything I am dead wrong on this and Oregon will destroy them:ols:

Archived