Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's do this. Crushing the Bookie in 2010.

illone

here's my question to you all: do any of the Week 17 games mean anything? That is, playoff positioning? Aren't most if not all of them now meaningless? Which are ones that actually have meaning now and teams that will be playing to win? I'm not sure I would touch any games from a betting standpoint this coming week.

Hope you guys caught the Toledo game. best game of the bowl season thus far. I wasn't even mad that I lost the spread on that one, what a great game!

Took a beating in NFL this weekend. Chargers suck! WTF how can you not get up to take care of business against a three win football team? Horrible.

Tonight:

5-3-1 +$470

Air Force -2.5 $200

here's my question to you all: do any of the Week 17 games mean anything? That is, playoff positioning? Aren't most if not all of them now meaningless? Which are ones that actually have meaning now and teams that will be playing to win? I'm not sure I would touch any games from a betting standpoint this coming week.

Giants have to win and hope Green Bay loses if they want to get in.

Green Bay has to beat Chicago and they will get in.

I The AFC North division has yet to be decided, if both Pitt and Balt win Pitt will win the division and Balt is the wildcard. if Pitt loses, Balt is the division winner and Pitt wildcard, and if they both lose then Pitt wins the div and Balt is the wildcard.

Other than that, everything else has been locked up sans seeding in the NFC which will most likely be decided tonight and tomorrow night. Saints really need to win to assure getting into the playoffs.

6-3-1

+$670

0-4

-$675 . Ugh! Whiffed on the Bolts game, man they suck, and also tonight w/Atlanta.

Amazingly I'm still up $450 for the year but damn did I just make the house happy this weekend. Can't believe Atlanta fumbles on the one yard line in the second half. Ah well, bring on the playoffs.

Rince- I dont like this over tonite... I dont think Vikes crack double digits and I'm afraqid Phi will shut it down 2nd half. I can see a 27-6 game

I was able to get 37 pts for the over midweek last week. I don't know why the over/under was so low, it only lasted a day. Hopefully I can break out of this losing streak I'm on tonight.

looked at NBA lines and like both plays Rince posted. I like SA Spurs -3, LAL are not same team yet. Spurs should spank them. Also, Dal -10. High scoring team should win by 20. Gonna see how NC state does and possibly do some NBA as NFL not thrilling me.

Hit on first score last nite not TD for +155... as well as illone's AFA ;)

OK, so I already put down money on the Rams travelling to Seatlle. The line was/is only 2.5 right now and I don't see how it can't climb to 4, 5 or 6 pts in the coming week. Seatlle will be starting Whitehurst and all the positions favor the Rams here. Bradford should tear them up.

The other game that looks attractive, though I notice the line has shot up today, is the Chicago at GB game. Chicago has no incentive to win, or play its starters in this game. GB needs the game to enter the playoffs. The line however is a whopping 10 pts now. It still looks like a good bet to me (haven't thrown down on it yet though).

So, correct me if I'm off base here but the Giants are officially eliminated now, right? I know the line is the Gmen minus four against our Skins but why would the Giants even care now about the outcome of this game? (other than to save Coughlin's job)... Thoughts? The game may be unbettable now I think

Depending on the outcome of the Packers game they can still get in with a Packers loss. If the Packers win @1, the Giants have nothing to play for.

Yeah, I see no chance of the Packers losing because Chicago has literally nothing to gain by trying to win that contest (other than to knock the Pack out which they won't do here). Most likely they rest the starters for a least a half. Thanks, I've got my answer.

Yeah, I see no chance of the Packers losing because Chicago has literally nothing to gain by trying to win that contest (other than to knock the Pack out which they won't do here). Most likely they rest the starters for a least a half. Thanks, I've got my answer.

Not sure why you guys are using this logic, not even two days removed from watching the Vikings beat the Eagles. The Vikings had even less to play for than the Bears, yet went into Philly and beat them. If that's your only basis for betting on that game, then I would stay away. Especially when I just read an article where Cutler stated he expected the Bears at "full go" on Sunday.

Not sure why you guys are using this logic, not even two days removed from watching the Vikings beat the Eagles. The Vikings had even less to play for than the Bears, yet went into Philly and beat them. If that's your only basis for betting on that game, then I would stay away. Especially when I just read an article where Cutler stated he expected the Bears at "full go" on Sunday.

I liked the packers in that game before the Eagles lost, now I like it even more.

A few reasons: Bears already clinched their division. With the eagles losing now they have clinched a first round bye. The only thing they now have to play for is home field and the only chance they get that is if BOTH the Falcons and Saints lose. Do you really think the Bears are going to scoreboard watch for that to happen and then put on their game face? I don't think so. Packers are in a much more desperate situation AND playing at home.

Nevermind the fact that these two teams played earlier in the year and the Bears won by three at home. Don't see this packers team getting swept by Chicago this year. Not with the way this offense is clicking right now. Rogers is rolling and the Pack will stomp the Bears this week. This game reminds me of the Saints/Falcons game from Monday night except the more desperate team is AT HOME!

Why you would compare this game to the Vikings and Eagles makes no sense. Vikings are testing new players and preparing to head home to decide how many draft picks they need to cough up to get McNabb from the Skins and which head coach will work there next year. I see no correlation in those two games at all. Vikings game is more like the Cincy/SD game. Bad team taking out some frustration on a good team.

Best of luck whatever you decide but I'll be trusting the packers in this situation.

Also, here is a writeup of the early bowl game I posted on another site:

This game kind of reminds me of the Navy/SDSU game. Now, SMU doesn't have the same type of speed on offense that SDSU has, but they can run the ball effectively with Zach Line and QB Kyle Padron should be able to connect with WR Robinson for some big plays. Army isn't exactly setting the world on fire with the competition they have faced this year and I think June Jones will have his team ready to defend the one dimensional Black Knights and put on a show for the home crowd.

If this game was being played in the regular season I'd give Army a shot here, but with a few extra weeks to prepare I think SMU will know how to stop Army and Army's speed on defense won't be enough to contain SMU. Looking deeper into Army's inflated pass defense numbers you will see that Army hasn't faced many teams with 3K yard passers. Moniz of hawaii threw over Army's heads for 340 yards and three TDs. I think SMU will be able to do the same thing. Army will put up a fight but SMU will score too many points for them to keep up and Mustangs will win going away. I'm thinking SMU can score high 30's maybe low 40's in this game. Army will get 13 maybe 20 on a garbage TD in the 4th qtr after the game is well in hand.

SMU -7 $300

Archived