Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's do this. Crushing the Bookie in 2010.

illone

Im with you, but it would be Joe Flacco (not Cassel) be he is also not mobile.

I like New England giving 10. I just think they are a bad matchup for the Jets

Yea, I wasnt clear, how bad B'more made Cassel look last weekend., Ben will look much better against their D.

I'm with you, If I had to pick another one this weekend, I think New England has to be it.

Poor NFL weekend last week, supplemental bets keeping me afloat. Had LSU/Pitt/Stanford offset otherwise lousy handicapping. I guess lucky is better than good ;)

Never really went heavy on any game last week and don't plan to this week...still waiting for that one big score game. Last one I thought was Indy/Tenn Thurs nite when Indy was -2.5 and won by 2 on last play of game backdoor screw job... UGH

Pitt is my pick simply based on rest and win last meeting... Big Ben win by 3.

Also, I'm leaning to the 2 big dogs simply based on the line. I love NE but got burnt last week with SEA and dont fell like laying a TD plus some. Although, I feel NY betting public may drive down NE line to close to 7 and in that case will buy down to -6.5 and take pats.

Point blank... I dont like Chi... give me Sea

Finally, I'll go GB on road, but with money line. Game is absolutely even IMO, so will go with mild vig on ML.

No big plays, plan to enjoy games. Hit Aub last nite so maybe I can keep it rolling.

Yea, I wasnt clear, how bad B'more made Cassel look last weekend., Ben will look much better against their D.

I'm with you, If I had to pick another one this weekend, I think New England has to be it.

Wiseguys like Pittsburgh. I'm going to give it another day and see what I'm going to do

Some tough calls this week (aren't they always). Here's my bets, going rather big this week and betting every game. I haven't bet yet, won't have to put juice on a couple most likely:

$110 on Steelers -3 vs. Ravens....this is going to be a really good game, but Steelers at home with the extra week off are good. I expect Mike Wallace to get deep a few times and Mendenhall to grind out some tough yards. Steelers D steps ups.

$88 on Packers +2.5 at Falcons....gut feeling the Packers pull the upset.

$110 on Seahawks +10 at Bears...I'm with Bonez, I just don't think the Bears are that good, although their record indicates otherwise. Seahawks have nothing to lose and are out to prove everyone wrong.

$55 on Jets +8.5 at Patriots...this is probably the toughest game all week imo, the Patriots are gonna win no doubt in my mind, but by more than 8? I dunno. I expect the Jets to play real hard and their defense to limit Brady albeit slightly.

Good luck!

My issue with the Atlanta/GB is that everyone is taking Green Bay, which always leave me skeptical. Personally, I think Atlanta wins this game.

I also like Chicago to cover.

It is funny the herd mentality that sometimes takes over with bets and trends. With that said, GB appears to have a solid RB and they are peaking at the right time. It really could go either way.

Incidentally, in 9 losses this year Seattle lost by MORE than 15 pts. That's an amazing line and speaks to how shaky their ship really is, they just stink on the road historically. They do match up in some places well against the Bears but think of it this way: they sacked Cutler an amazing 6 times in that earlier game this year and yet still only managed to win by 3 pts. I could easily see them getting blown out in this game. I just don't ever like laying double digits and the line is now at 10. I think I may just take Pitts to cover and possibly the under on that game since those two always play tight, low scoring affairs. We'll see, haven't laid anything down...yet.

I'm liking Chicago this weekend at home against the Seahawks. Even though the last scrum, at Soldier's Field, ended in the Bears losing by three. The only downside, and it's considerable, is the 10 pt line. May have to opt for the over instead. Seattle has been nothing but dreadful on the road.

Thoughts on any of the other NFL games upcoming?

Is that the same Seattle team that already beat Chicago on the road this year? I'll take the Seahawks and the 10 points.

Is that the same Seattle team that already beat Chicago on the road this year? I'll take the Seahawks and the 10 points.

The line is huge, apparently you only read parts of my post(s) ;)

This game literally could go either way but the fact that Seattle has been just owned by everyone on the road this year warrants consideration. 10 pt lines are never a solid deal. I'll probably just bet the over on this game.

Loving the Steelers, Packers and Bears this week. Most of the home teams should win and cover this week I just think Green Bay poses a bad matchup problem for Atlanta's defense.

Let's start with Pitt and Pack.

Pitt -3 $200

GB +3$200

I took the same bets as you illone, although I only got +2.5 on the Pack/Falcons game today (did you buy the point on that?). Seeing how I do on these two and then betting accordingly come Sunday. Best of luck !

Up 400 on the week so I'm gonna take a shot at making a nice collection from the bookie this week.

Bears -10 $500

When this game hits most likely hit the Jets for 500.

Good work illone. I hit both of yesterday's wagers as well. I'm on a streak now, hitting my last 6 games. Not too crazy about that Bears line, (though this game does have blow out written all over it ). Seattle was blown out on a regular basis all year long when on the road but Chicago also doesn't blow teams out with much regularity. Taking the over (42.5) instead. Still figuring out what to take for the pm game, the over looks good on that one. Let's do this!

Good work illone. I hit both of yesterday's wagers as well. I'm on a streak now, hitting my last 6 games. Not too crazy about that Bears line, (though this game does have blow out written all over it ). Seattle was blown out on a regular basis all year long when on the road but Chicago also doesn't blow teams out with much regularity. Taking the over (42.5) instead. Still figuring out what to take for the pm game, the over looks good on that one. Let's do this!

I always have to remind myself to ignore the line. When a fave wins, the spread is covered over 70% of the time. So really just take the pats if you think they will win. I expect a very tight game and the jets do have a shot to win so thats why im taking the points.

Stopped posting my picks ahead of the games as I've notice a definite negative trend. Split both yesterdays games (Under in the Balt game and the Packers) and today's games (over in the Chicago game and the Pats). So, I'm basically down the juice this weekend.

2-2 for weekend, but Auburn game puts me up a smidge for the week. Loved the Jets, LOVED THE JETS MONEY LINE @ ALMOST 4-1... but bet Pats. Only bet Pats b/c I worked with NYJ fan all week, oh well.

Both games -3. O/U about 38 in AFC.

Already locked into GB -3 as I say that line goes off at a min -4 on game day, prolly more. Liking the Over in the AFC...counterintuitive, but these offenses are really good through the air. I don't see either team running.

As far as AFC game, gotta wait and see what Pitt O-Line looks like. Think the Jets have a real chance...will follow line, but not crazy about either.

LOVE GB PEOPLE!!!!!

Also... if anyone listens to ESPN radio in evenings on way home Doug Gottleib does a show. He gives out 'you're welcomes'- which are 'locks' in college basketball. He was a former college B-Baller and these picks are usually easy wins. I dont get all of them and he doesn't do many. But, if someone hears them can they post them here... I think we'll benefit.

Archived