Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jesse Jackson "defends" Lebron's honor.

MintHillSkinsFan

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/chi-ap-bkn-gilbert-jessejac,0,1975731.story

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," the reverend said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract."

Man, if I was Lebron I'd be like "Please don't defend me Jesse. I'm doing alright by myself." At this point Jesse is nothing but a caricature. Does anyone really take this guy seriously anymore?

This is more like an employer pissed off at an employee who burns a bridge when he leaves. Jesse probably has no idea about an employer/employee relationship. The guy probably never worked a day in his entire life.

Whatever you think of Jesse now, Jesse in the 1960s was a hard working advocate for the Civil Rights movement.

Whatever you think of Jesse now, Jesse in the 1960s was a hard working advocate for the Civil Rights movement.

Was that before or after he was having sexual relationships outside of his marriage, while professing to be a man of god? Reverend my ass.

Chances are, he was having them back then as well. Just didn't get caught.

Or he wasn't.

Regardless, he was still a hard working advocate for Civil Rights and the idea that he "never worked a day in his life" is ridiculous.

Again, however you feel about Jackson now you can't deny the positive impact he had in the 1960s.

He may be over the top a little, but he has a point about LEBRON honored his contract and he has the right to persue other options.

Nobody (not even Gilbert) was disputing LeCrabdribble's rights. I also think Gilbert came off like a horse's butt though.

I read a UnWise Mike article that talked about how the Cavs front office repeatedly warned Gilbert about giving James everything he wanted all the time because the organization would never gain his respect that way. I guess they were right.

Dan Gilbert made himself look worse than Lebron in the days following "the decision."

Absolutely true. I guess Jesse decided he needed to be next in line to make himself look stupid. Can I tell you that I really don't care for any of the people involved in this? I think they're all ridiculous.

Or he wasn't.

Regardless, he was still a hard working advocate for Civil Rights and the idea that he "never worked a day in his life" is ridiculous.

Again, however you feel about Jackson now you can't deny the positive impact he had in the 1960s.

I definitely don't deny or begrudge Jesse his past accomplishments. Over the last 15 years though, he's transformed himself into a cartoon character. He's now the boy who cried wolf so every time he comes out with some outrageous statement like this people just laugh at him or completely ignore him.

It's unfortunate because there are so many positive things he could still be accomplishing but instead he's rendered himself pretty much irrelevant.

as a black man myself, it embarasses me every time jesse and big Al are on TV. i mean, i understand that they might mean well, but come on man...

since when did these two become the spokesmen for all of black america....?

again, i know he means well, but everytime something happens to a black dude, there they are. its because of those two that the whole "what, is it because i'm black?" quote even exists. well, them and samuel L jackson's movie characters LOL

Tonight it's very clear

As we're both lying here

There's so many things I wanna say

I will always love you

I will never leave you alone

Sometimes I just forget, say things I might regret

It breaks my heart to see you crying

I don't wanna lose you

I could never make it alone

I am a man who will fight for your honor

I'll be the hero that you're dreaming of

Gonna live forever knowing together