Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jesse Jackson "defends" Lebron's honor.

MintHillSkinsFan

I never have liked that cliche line. College is available for EVERYBODY, and college is for EVERYBODY. Whether the individual is willing to work hard enough, and whether they have enough funding, is entirely up to them, but once you're there, there is NO reason why you shouldn't be capable of graduating.

I've met plenty of people in my life who struggled in academic settings and thrived in "less conventional" ones. I graduated high school with a guy who wasn't suited for college. Nothing it offered interested him. He liked fixing cars so he does that. Well. And makes far more money then my college educated ass (or my sister's med school educated ass) will.

I know what you are saying. WHy does a man need 4 Bentleys or Machbachs? I think like most people in America we have an idea what wealth is suppose to be. A lot of people try to live up to that idea, and unfortuantely the well runs dry. Compound that with a lack of education and there you have it, the poor athlete living out their car like Mike Webster. You know that is why I admired Troy Aikman (BLASPHAMEY! I know that), is because he knew he was going to be a well paid athlete. So what was his major in college....money management. Now see that is smart, but most athletes see the moment as a lifetime until its to late, and then they are broke.

:ols: so you can now major in money management....I've heard it all.

The Dallas Morning News reported Tuesday that Aikman is getting a bachelor's degree in sociology and will participate in UCLA's graduation ceremonies.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3897322

I never have liked that cliche line. College is available to EVERYBODY, and college is for EVERYBODY. Whether the individual is willing to work hard enough, and whether they have enough funding, is entirely up to them, but once you're there, there is NO reason why you shouldn't be capable of graduating, with all of the resources that are available to you.

On the other hand, if someone offered me 4 mil per year today, I would take it in a heartbeat, but the difference between a CEO and a star athlete is that the athlete, sooner or later, will have find another way to earn a living, while the CEO keeps lining his pockets. You have to be smart and fiscally responsible with your money, and think about what you want to do when your career is over with, so you don't end up like Sprewell, Kemp, or some of these other guys.

What I'm saying is that not everyone is academically good enough for college.

Someone needs to explain to the good reverend the difference between owning someone, and owning the rights to someone's services.

Not that I'm defending any of the parties in this thing, but did Gilbert in fact own the rights to James' services?

I liken Jesse's remarks to those that speak of sports in terms of going to war. It's an insult to the memory of those that actually suffered and toiled in slavery.

I was just about to say this. He should know better than this; but the man's become so greedy for attention (among other things) that he's willing to stoop to a level like this.

All I can say is that he CERTAINLY doesn't represent me.

I was just about to say this. He should know better than this; but the man's become so greedy for attention (among other things) that he's willing to stoop to a level like this.

All I can say is that he CERTAINLY doesn't represent me.

Me neither.

:ols: so you can now major in money management....I've heard it all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3897322

You got me. Troy was a finanace major with a concentration in economics when he was in Oklahoma. He graduated with a sociology degree. I know a bunch of people that graduated with a concentration in Biology, doesn't mean that they are a biologist. Bottom line is Troy invested in his future. All athletes shoud do so.

Lebron doesn't have any honor. He screwed Cleveland, and now that the heat has gotten to much for him he went out and dug up few stars so that he can make sure it doesn't all fall on him when he loses again.

He's a good player at best. He proven he can't finish. Nothing like giving up in the finals to solidify your place in NBA history!!

Lebron doesn't have any honor. He screwed Cleveland, and now that the heat has gotten to much for him he went out and dug up few stars so that he can make sure it doesn't all fall on him when he loses again.

He's a good player at best. He proven he can't finish. Nothing like giving up in the finals to solidify your place in NBA history!!

How did he screw Cleveland? He owed them seven years, because that's how long his contract(s) were for, and they got it. This idea that he owed them something more is just baffling.

Archived