Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there any way to contact Facebook support staff? Custody dispute.

Teller

Brian,time for you to take a break from this thread for a bit I think. Its already boring enough for LBK,wouldn't want you to add to that. It's either that you go to pm,(and anyone else who wants to respond to you),with the above conversation because this one needs to get back on track right about now. Back to the topic at hand. Which,coincidentally enough,can be found in the title of the thread and the op.

Edit: Oh now you guys have gone and done it. Dual mod responses. ;)

If you were interested in having a relationship with your children' date=' you would be fighting her on violating the custody agreement...not talking to goddamn tech support for god knows what ****ing reason. Besides, I never said wanting to have the custody agreement followed is stupid. I said it's what you should be focussing on - instead of your seemingly never-ending quest to prove what a ***** your ex is.

We get it.[/quote']

Can you tell me, specifically, what you need to prove your case in a he-said, she-said situation?

Can you tell me, specifically, what you need to prove your case in a he-said, she-said situation?

But its not a he-said, she said.

Have you seen your kids?

What will the kids say?

If you have a agreement that you are suppose to see the kids on Tuesday, and your kids say "We didn't see Daddy on Tuesday", then what is she going to say "He said he didn't want to see them and then he took me to court?"

The burden is on her to show why she didnt' follow the agreement.

But its not a he-said, she said.

Have you seen your kids?

What will the kids say?

If you have a agreement that you are suppose to see the kids on Tuesday, and your kids say "We didn't see Daddy on Tuesday", then what is she going to say "He said he didn't want to see them and then he took me to court?"

The burden is on her to show why she didnt' follow the agreement.

I know this court. I've been there a few times. The onus is on me to prove she's not an angel. I've tried the my-word-against-hers-route. It doesn't work.

I also don't my 7 and 3 year old daughters to have to testify, if I can avoid it. That's just more ammo for her to fill their heads with. She's done enough of that already, without me giving her more opportunities.

HH - I have been reading these threads for awhile.

It's time to do what needs to be done. You can request that the transfer happens in front of a court ordered person (Social worker if you have to). And that if anyone wants to change the time or day, it has to be done through that social worker.

It is a little bit of a pain in the ass, and it is a last resort, but it ends all he said she said forever.

It's time to do what needs to be done. You can request that the transfer happens in front of a court ordered person (Social worker if you have to). And that if anyone wants to change the time or day, it has to be done through that social worker.

It is a little bit of a pain in the ass, and it is a last resort, but it ends all he said she said forever.

Oh I'm going to. I'm going to shoot for custody. I know I won't get it, but it gives me a point to bargain from. I just wish I had kept a log of EVERY time she's denied me visitation. I might actually have a shot in that case.

You don't have to prove anything about her other than she is denying you visitation against the order of the court.

And YOU don't have to prove it. All you have to do is make the complaint and family court looks into it. Visitation is not very hard to prove. If it says in your divorce decree that you have visitation it should be spelled out specifically when and for how long right there in your decree. For example, mine says that the ex gets every other weekend from 6PM friday to 6PM Sunday. It also directly spells out which holidays he spends with her or me, how we split them, and how we rotate them. It also specifically states that each parent has the right to the child on their respective birthdays. It spells out EVERYTHING. If there's ever a problem, it's right there. If that is not in your decree, sue the lawyer who represented you.

If she has denied you that, the court will find out and will rule in your favor.

And if you're going for custody, a ruling in your favor is going to be even more in your favor. But one thing at a time. Force the visitation issue NOW. If she's denying your visitation, swear out the complaint tomorrow morning. You don't need any texts or facebook anything. All you need to know is that your kids were not with you when the court said they should be. So long as that is true and you swear out a complaint, they will investigate. If they ask her and she lies, they will find out about it.

After (or during) that case, consult a lawyer about getting full or split custody if you want, but do this NOW.

Your best bet now is to not play the wronged husband, to not try and show anything at all about her character or your feelings toward her. You are a father who demands his right to visit his children. And that's it.

~Bang

Oh I'm going to. I'm going to shoot for custody. I know I won't get it, but it gives me a point to bargain from. I just wish I had kept a log of EVERY time she's denied me visitation. I might actually have a shot in that case.

I didn't say the stuff about the job early because I think you are some dead beat dad who's a loser. I really do feel for you, and it's obvious you care about your kids. I just think the focus is a bit misguided, and needs to be steered in the right direction. (both legally and financially)

Why is she denying you visitation? Is it because you are behind on child support payments. Was she doing that even before you got behind? Is this just recent? You said you separated peacefully, so I'm trying to figure out what's prompting this action from her.

Also think about this before any action. Can she have you arrested and jailed for non-payment of child support? I'm not sure of the laws in regards to this, but if you make a move that pisses her off, she very well may retaliate by sending you to the slammer. At that point, you will be labeled and branded as a dead beat dad which is exactly what you want to avoid. It goes against your record and makes you look bad in the eyes of the court.

Again, I feel for you and hope you the best. Keep your head up, and do what needs to be done.

edit: Looking back, I probably should have worded my concerns about the financial part of this a bit different, and I'm not trying to hate on you. The one thing you really do need to get fixed pronto is the phone situation. Any and everything in her name you are sharing, get rid of it, or get it put into your name.

No, that's not how it works. Unless you have a social worker involved in your case, though we don't really do anything involving custody as we focus exclusively on safety, permanency, and well-being, and custody doesn't fall into those.

Anybody can witness anything and sign that they witnessed it, but that's all that they did; witness it. You've got nothing except that, and I as a social worker couldn't testify or anything on its merit.

I think Bang hit on it. It's a forest for the trees thing. She has to let them see, she's not. Simple as that. Is she allowed to not let you see them if you don't pay support? Is that written in there? I'd find that hard to believe when you don't have a job I believe they just tack on it for later. If it's anything beyond that and your embarrassed to say on here well then all this advice is worthless and why entertain it?

Just demand your rights to see them through the child services. Simple. It seems your making this a lot more complicated than it is and it's confusing me.

this is crazy. the best advice in here is being completely ignored, or brushed aside at the very least.

Dude, go demand your visitation that's being denied, and then get off that damn phone plan you're sharing with her. You might as well kiss those texts goodbye and quit fiddling around with that nonsense all together.

Bottom line.....do you want to see your kids or not? If not, keep dicking around with facebook messages, texts, and motives. If so, talk to who you need to talk to about being denied visitation and get on with it.

Not trying to be harsh, but geez, this couldn't be anymore simple.

It sounds like you're hung up on something more than you're telling us. If there's more you have or haven't done, or if you feel like you already look bad in the eyes of the court for whatever reason, then all this advice is a waste of everyone who's chimed in, and your time.

If you're discouraged over the whole thing, that's understandable. But you've got to keep fighting. And that doesn't encompass facebook, texts, and other secondary stuff that really can't be proven who did, or didn't do it.

Archived