Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there any way to contact Facebook support staff? Custody dispute.

Teller

OK, so my ex is wilfully violating the terms of our divorce decree and not letting me see my kids. I had several text messages from her stating this, and several Facebook messages stating this as well.

Needless to say, I was saving all of that for court, as well as keeping a written log of each denial of visitation.

We share a Sprint cell phone account, which has been in her name since we got married. It was cheaper for us to keep the account, and since we split on semi-amicable terms (she was still giving it up :ols:) I didn't think twice about it.

Today, I noticed that every text from her about this situation has been deleted from my phone. I contacted Sprint, but didn't have the passwords for the account. They told me that she CAN have texts deleted from my phone, since it's in her name. The rep refered me to their corporate security department tomorrow between 7a and 7p.

Then I logged onto Facebook. At 4:44 pm eastern, someone attempted to access my account from an "unknown location" in the United States. I inadvertently clicked that I recognized the activity; though it wasn't me.

Is there anyway to contact Facebook staff and have this investigated? I tried support@facebook.com and it doesn't work. I can't find any contact information on the site, nor through Google.

Please help. In a family court, her word trumps mine. I need to get those texts back, and find out who tried to access my FB account. Thankfully she, I mean "whoever it was" :rolleyes: didn't get in. So I still have the FB messages from her. But if I can show she had the texts deleted AND tried to access my FB account, it will help my cause greatly.

I would call a lawyer.

And I hate to say it stupid to continue to share a phone account AFTER the divorce.

Why didn't you save the texts on your phone ?

I have texts on my phone that have been there for years. Most for nostalgic reasons, others for evidence. Some people are just shady and I like to keep a record so there is no deniability.

I would call a lawyer.

And I hate to say it stupid to continue to share a phone account AFTER the divorce.

Why didn't you save the texts on your phone ?

I have texts on my phone that have been there for years. Most for nostalgic reasons, others for evidence. Some people are just shady and I like to keep a record so there is no deniability.

I did have them saved, but not locked.

And I would love to call a lawyer, but I'm one of the 9.5% (officially) of us who are currently unemployed.

I don't know if this is legit or not....

Facebook's phone number is +1 (650) 543-4800. They don't offer tech support over the phone, but you can reach law enforcement, copyright claims, etc. through this phone number.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_contact_Facebook_by_phone

Edit: also try... http://www.facebook.com/help/contact_generic.php#!/help/

Hacked accounts and spam

If you believe your account has been hacked or phished, take action here.

Hope this helps

Thanks 28, but the phone number says they don't offer phone support, and refers you to the help page. The help page has no contact info, unfortunately.

I'm so exhausted by all of this (not just this one issue, but all of it) that if the sun doesn't come up tomorrow, I'll be one of the few who is happy about it. I've never, ever, been so physically and emotionally drained.

I did have them saved, but not locked.

And I would love to call a lawyer, but I'm one of the 9.5% (officially) of us who are currently unemployed.

So they hacked into your phone to delete messages ? That is crazy. You can see the text messages through your provider ? I don't know that I can do that. I do know that I can see who texted me and when, print them off.

That sucks bro.

I wonder if signing up for that lawyer on call services they have been offering for all these years. I don't know how it works, but it was something like 25 bucks a month back then. I think it is called pre-paid. Or something like that.

EDIT: On a side note...I shaved my head in support.

So they hacked into your phone to delete messages ? That is crazy. You can see the text messages through your provider ? I don't know that I can do that. I do know that I can see who texted me and when, print them off.

That sucks bro.

I wonder if signing up for that lawyer on call services they have been offering for all these years. I don't know how it works, but it was something like 25 bucks a month back then. I think it is called pre-paid. Or something like that.

EDIT: On a side note...I shaved my head in support.

I'm going to check into legal aid. Unfortunately though, (no disrespect) they're like public defenders. And for the divorce, her parents footed the bill for the best divorce attorney in the area. I'm sure I'll be up against that again. That's why it's so critical to have this stuff.

*edit* And to clarify, the Sprint rep said since it's her account, she can be transfered to their technical department and have specific texts removed from my phone. GOOD GOD I hope I can subpeona proof that she did that.

Put a call in to your congressman tomorrow and explain the FB thing and the cell phone thing. He/she will make sure that the texts are recovered and FB will address your concerns quickly.

He/she will not get involved in the family matters obviously, but will help with the legal issues of the two companies.

Put a call in to your congressman tomorrow and explain the FB thing and the cell phone thing. He/she will make sure that the texts are recovered and FB will address your concerns quickly.

He/she will not get involved in the family matters obviously, but will help with the legal issues of the two companies.

BRILLIANT!!!!!

I will do that first thing in the morning. Thank you!!!!

I love you, man. Seriously.

Thank you. :cheers:

It was refreshing. Glad I have a nice shaped head. :ols:

I will shoot you a pic. I might have some from last night. I just haven't seen them yet. Didn't get home until after 4 and had some stuff to do today that ...it doesn't matter I didn't take the pics anyway. I have to get them from my friends.

It was refreshing. Glad I have a nice shaped head. :ols:

I will shoot you a pic. I might have some from last night. I just haven't seen them yet. Didn't get home until after 4 and had some stuff to do today that ...it doesn't matter I didn't take the pics anyway. I have to get them from my friends.

Awesome. Can't wait to see it! :)

Wait, why is this supposed to work? Since when do Reps handle text message and Facebook issues?

Start keeping an activity log. For example:

- Sunday 4/12: Text received "screen cap of text"

So that every time you get anything useful or potentially useful you secure it and keep a record. Not to mention a log will allow you to think chronologically and perhaps notice something you would have otherwise missed.

Never trust electronics without a strong back up that you control. Facebook could go down tomorrow and you'd be S.O.L.

Start keeping an activity log. For example:

- Sunday 4/12: Text received "screen cap of text"

So that every time you get anything useful or potentially useful you secure it and keep a record. Not to mention a log will allow you to think chronologically and perhaps notice something you would have otherwise missed.

Never trust electronics without a strong back up that you control. Facebook could go down tomorrow and you'd be S.O.L.

Thanks man. I do have a written log of my contact with her during this stretch. But I had written logs the last time we went to court too. She denied what I had written. The judge said it was my word against hers, and that was that.

I'm still doing it though, just in case.

The question is, why haven't you printed out the messages?

From my phone? I don't think I can. It's like two generations up from the old bag phones. Doesn't even have a camera. I'm not aware of anyway to hook it up to a computer to print them.

Shelley? Hey, this is good news.

Also, call the one who represent Cumberland area - just in case.

Yes sir. I intend to help her campaign for Byrd's seat when I get back "home." (Assuming that's what she chooses to do.)

And I'll check into who represents Cumberland as well. Thanks.

From my phone? I don't think I can. It's like two generations up from the old bag phones. Doesn't even have a camera. I'm not aware of anyway to hook it up to a computer to print them.

I meant the FB messages but as for your phone. You can forward the texts to your email and then save them/print them from there.

Archived