Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who was the first Redskin you cheered for

Burgold

Fred SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

That was the one thing that ever caught my attention in my early years of going to games and not really caring because we always lost by a lot. All through '05 and '06 as I became a true diehard, I always talked about how great it would be to get him back. That's why I'm one of three proud owners of a #27 Smoot jersey. Even when he sucks completely, his attitude never changes, you gotta love that.

My next favorite was Ladell Betts circa 2002, the stadium is dead quiet, the game is far out of reach, but he got the ball and ran into a crowd of defenders, what seemed like a minute passed without a whistle, then finally Betts comes bursting out of the pile for a ten yard gain. I was a RB when I played so all I'm always easily impressed by them.

Okay, reading this reminds me that I need to give a shout for Jeff Bostic. I remember always liking Bostic a bunch. People were always saying he was too small, that they were going to replace him, but he kept fighting and scrapping and when you think of the Hogs or at least when I do he's right there. Grimm and Jacoby and later Lachey were the stars of the Hogs, but Bostic was that underdog everyman that was the glue.

Charley Taylor :yes:...I couldn't stop watching him back when I was a kid. He made me want to become a receiver, and I had to play receiver during backyard football games (hated being the QB lol).

Him and Chris Hanburger were something special to watch, of coarse before the Gibbs era, then add a rack of stars and entire team I loved watching every sunday.

DG the run down play of Tony Dorsett, his speed and int's stuck out to me as a kid... no doubt...and Art moving the chains on third downs. They were my favs or earliest memories until Doug Williams later in the Super Bowl.. My other favs for whatever reason were Dave Butz, and Kurt Gouveia.

Archived