Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to document the puke hype for 2010

tr1

Has this been posted in here yet? :ols:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/072010dnspointergoose1.1571878aa.html

Rick Gosselin on NFC East: 'The Cowboys are a couple of games better than everybody'

06:46 PM CDT on Monday, July 19, 2010

Gosselin is actually pretty good, I would say that as far as homerism goes, he keeps his fairly in check. That being said, to say that one team is at least two games better than every team in its division is a stretch, there is just so much that can affect the outcome of games over a season. Especially in the NFC East where every team has such an intense rivalry, anything can happen in these games....

lol.... Ok I might be reading this wrong but did he say a couple of games better then 7-9 witch would make the cowturds 9-7 at worst case senario? That makes them one of the top teams in the whole league? I guess if your top list of teams are more then half the league!..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGQvyqPmAAw

Lets keep this going. Cris Carter says two things in this video thats sure to ruffle some feathers around here.

Chris Carter is always saying stupid **** though lol :ols:...

But, yeah...when it comes to the Cowboys this is starting to feel like 2008 all over again :D..."Most talented team in the NFL! 13 Pro Bowlers!!"...

Who in the world are the FOUR wide receivers? Even counting Witten, I count three that are legit threats: Witten, Austin, and Bryant.

And no way do they have the best WR corps in the NFL. Just sayin.

And you can't really call Bryant a "legit threat" yet, since he has never played a down in the NFL yet...he could be a late bloomer for all we know and not really become a thread until his 3rd year.

Who in the world are the FOUR wide receivers? Even counting Witten, I count three that are legit threats: Witten, Austin, and Bryant.

And no way do they have the best WR corps in the NFL. Just sayin.

Listen to it again. He says Witten is not a TE. He is counting Witten as the 4th WR.

And they just might, especially when you add in Crayton. If Bennet and Ogletree improve at all this year, I can't think of a team with more weapons to throw the ball to.

Listen to it again. He says Witten is not a TE. He is counting Witten as the 4th WR.

And they just might, especially when you add in Crayton. If Bennet and Ogletree improve at all this year, I can't think of a team with more weapons to throw the ball to.

I acknowledged Witten as a receiver. I still only count three legit threats.

What about the Colts, Patriots, and Vikings?

I acknowledged Witten as a receiver. I still only count three legit threats.

What about the Colts, Patriots, and Vikings?

Obviously, he views RW11 as a legitimate WR threat. He did have 9 TDs last year and a defense still has to account for him.

Those teams have very good WR units, no doubt. If Dez becomes a real threat and they keep Crayton, I'm not sure if those teams are quite as deep. Of course if a few guys I'm not aware of develop this year, they certainly could be. It's just his opinion and I'm sure many would disagree.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D9H519MG0.html

Jones expectant of a special season for Cowboys

Jerry Jones knows this is going to be a special season for the Dallas Cowboys as they mark 50 years as an organization. He hopes it will be super.

The Cowboys owner has big expectations for his team, which has now gone an unprecedented 14 seasons without winning a Super Bowl championship. And the next Super Bowl will be played in their own stadium in February.

On the day before training camp opens, Jones said Friday that "things look pretty good" right now but acknowledged it may not be any semblance of what happens after the "long journey" of the season.

Jones says for now he won't spend a lot of time talking about hosting the Super Bowl and the possibility of playing in it. Yet, clearly that is what he wants.

:ols:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=5405531

Cowboys not steering clear of Super talk

SAN ANTONIO -- At some point Saturday afternoon, whether it's at the Alamodome or the team's downtown hotel, Wade Phillips will deliver his message to the Dallas Cowboys.

He will talk about procedural things on the first day of training camp, like what time practices and meetings start, where to go for treatment and what time the buses leave from the dome each day.

But after those administrative things, Phillips will talk about the big message: the Super Bowl.

It's a message the Cowboys are embracing.

"I think it's great for your football team," Phillips said during a nearly hour-long news conference Friday afternoon. "It puts their focus right now on what is expected. It's like being in school. You know what's expected and when you come home with that report card, it better be what your parents expected. It's the same thing here. There's pressure to do well, [and] anytime you have pressure to do well I think you do better."

The Cowboys think they're better than last year.

Jerry Jones, the owner/general manager, didn't go Daniel Snyder on us in an uncapped year and spend like crazy to upgrade the left tackle, safety and kicker positions.

Instead, Jones committed to Doug Free, who started seven games at right tackle last year for an injured Marc Colombo. Jones released 12-year veteran Flozell Adams, who still is looking for a gig, and the team will move Free into the left tackle spot.

If Free struggles, and the Cowboys hope that he won't, Alex Barron, who started 74 of 76 career games in St. Louis, is the backup.

At safety, Ken Hamlin wasn't a playmaker for the Cowboys following the 2007 season. He struggled the last two years in Dallas. Phillips wanted a playmaker at safety because that's what his defense calls for. With that, Alan Ball, a man who has three starts in a three-year career covering 28 games, becomes the starter.

The Cowboys like Ball's cover skills. He was drafted as a corner out of Illinois and moved to safety because of his athletic ability.

Kicker can be tricky.

Nick Folk was released toward the end of the 2009 season for missing an NFL-high 10 field goals. Shaun Suisham was brought in, and two misses in the playoff loss to Minnesota sent him home.

Jones didn't seek veterans John Carney or Matt Stover, who rank Nos. 3 and 4 on the all-time points list, to become the new kicker.

He's sticking with somebody on his roster: David Buehler, who as a rookie led the NFL in touchbacks last season.

Phillips said he will give Buehler every chance possible to maintain the job in the five preseason games. If he fails, Phillips said a veteran will be looked at.

As for other concerns, there are few.

Dez Bryant will start his rookie season on time because he came to terms on his five-year contract before training camp, becoming this year's first first-round pick to agree to a deal.

The Cowboys want Bryant to start quickly to compete with Roy Williams for the starting wide receiver spot. Williams is still the starter and is coming in with a renewed focus.

Phillips said his quarterback, Tony Romo sits to pee, is elite and is only getting better as he hits 30 years of age.

The defense is as strong as ever.

DeMarcus Ware, one of the best pass rushers in the game, and Anthony Spencer bring a dominating duo of outside pass rushers.

Even the speculation surrounding end Marcus Spears was quieted by Jones. The Dolphins lost defensive end Phillip Merling for the season with an Achilles injury, and with team vice president Bill Parcells having drafted Spears when he was the coach in Dallas, there was speculation that a trade was in the works.

Jones said that's not happening.

The cornerbacks, Mike Jenkins and Terence Newman, are coming off Pro Bowl appearances.

"There are not a whole lot things not to like about the upcoming season," Jones said. "Very few things. But we all know the game, the journey we got ahead of us."

Jones remembered what happened in 2008.

The Cowboys came into that year fresh off a 13-3 regular season that was followed by a stunning divisional round playoff loss to the New York Giants. Jones thought the Cowboys would finish the job in 2008 by making a deep playoff run.

Phillips joked that Jones thinks his team can get to the Super Bowl every year, even if Quincy Carter is the quarterback.

But 2008 was no joke. The team finished 9-7 and missed the postseason. It was the start of a flurry of moves that you know about by now.

Jones said he learned from that experience not to take anything for granted.

And while the Cowboys -- along with a few other NFC contenders such as the Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers -- have Super Bowl aspirations, it's not guaranteed.

"Our team is confident, but I think we're realistic," Phillips said. "You can talk a lot right now and say you're going to do all these things, but what were going to do is practice and try to get better every day and point toward this season.

:ols: :ols: :ols: :ols:

• 4 weeks later...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/442099-predicting-the-nfc-east-dallas-cowboys-will-be-division-champs-in-2010

NFC East Prediction: Dallas Cowboys Will Be Division Champs In 2010

By

Matt Miselis

(Featured Columnist) on August 25, 2010

My 2010 NFL Season Predictions continue today with the NFC East. Check out the profile if interested in seeing my predictions on the AFC West and NFC West.

The NFC East went through the biggest changes during the 2010 off season. The headliner being Donovan McNabb, who was traded from the Philadelphia Eagles to the Washington Redskins.

While the Giants look to rebound from a disappointing finish to 2010, the Eagles begin a new era with Kevin Kolb at the helm. Will anyone take the division title away from the defending NFC East champs, the Dallas Cowboys?

Here are my predictions:

1. Dallas Cowboys- What can I say about the Cowboys, other than they are the most talented team in the division? Though the NFC East will be a competitive one, Dallas will have a shot of making its path to the Super Bowl on home turf.

Quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee should do well with the weapons he has around him. When Dez Bryant returns from injury, he will be a threat as the third option in the Cowboys' offense (yes, he will beat out Roy Williams on the depth chart).

Miles Austin and Jason Witten should continue to play at a top level, resulting in the Cowboys having one of the best offenses in the league.

The question will be with the defense. Cornerback Mike Jenkins seems to be the real deal, but the unit as a whole needs to step up their game if they want to be a bigger threat in the postseason.

Prediction: 11-5

2. New York Giants- The Giants look to head back to their winning ways in 2010. Signing Antrel Rolle and Keith Bulluck helps improve a defense that just fell apart last season.

The Giants' offense has potential to be a top ten unit, but plenty of questions face this team. Will Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham take the next step into becoming top-flight receivers?

I am not sold on the running game, especially in Brandon Jacobs, who is no longer the hard-nosed runner of a few years ago.

Is New York a winning club this year? Yes they are. But in a conference that is continuing to get stronger, it will be two straight seasons without entering the postseason.

Prediction: 9-7

3. Philadelphia Eagles- The era of Kevin Kolb began earlier this month in the preseason, and I like the potential of him being a top quarterback someday.

But patience needs is the key, one that won't come easy to Eagles fans in Philadelphia. Kolb is going to go through the growing pains as a starting quarterback. His offensive line is aging and couldn't make a situation any easier for Donovan McNabb.

The defense is an above average group, but I don't get the same intimidating feeling that it used to have when Jim Johnson was defensive coordinator.

The positive? They have a lot of young talent on the offensive side. I am not DeSean Jackson's biggest fan, but he is a monster threat on the deep ball.

I also believe Jeremy Maclin will blossom into an elite receiver one day, as long as he avoids the injury bug.

2010 will be a similar year for Kolb that Aaron Rodgers dealt with a few years ago, but all has worked out in the end so far.

Prediction: 7-9

4. Washington Redskins- The Redskins did make plenty of moves in the front office and on the roster this offseason, and it does improve the team.

But they don't make the cut in a tough NFC conference. I am not impressed with the offensive line of the Redskins right now.

Trent Williams will struggle in his rookie year, and who knows if Jamaal Brown returns to his Pro-Bowl form from when he was healthy in New Orleans.

I love Chris Cooley not only as a fantasy tight end, but as the best weapon in the Redskins offense. Donovan McNabb's receiving corps are worse than Philadelphia's in previous years. And most importantly, I am not sold on him being healthy all 16 games.

The defense should be top 10 again this season, but will get burnt out toward the end of the year due to the lack of offense.

Prediction: 7-9

I have a big favor to ask...whenever you see a puke hyped article picking them to win the NFCE and go to the playoffs and SB, I'd ask that you post the headline and the link.

This should be big laughs at the end of the season.

Thanks fellas.

I'll start:

Expectations High in Dallas

http://www.mvptexas.com/nfl/561-expectations-high-in-dallas.html

Jay Ratliff (aka Cheese Eater): Cowboys' biggest issues are kicking game and left tackle spot

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070910dnspojayratliff.11f8d2eb9.html

2010 NFL Season Predictions

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/417373-nfl-predictions-2010-season

Gosselin: Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee among all-time elite

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/070810dnspogosselincol.1c918c8.html

Quiet Cowboys can only mean they're up to something

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/07/06/2317327/quiet-cowboys-can-only-mean-theyre.html

http://vernoncroy.com/5690/2010-nfl-predictions-vernon-croys-2010-nfc-east-preview/

While you are at it, please make sure you list all of the Cowboys fans that are predicting super bowl that post here.

Thanks.

Should be a long list based on your original premise.

Archived