Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to document the puke hype for 2010

tr1

I travel all over the country. I'm in Penn Yan, NY right now, and have talked football to about half a dozen people in the last two days. I talk football with the locals wherever I go...and without fail, when I find a puke fan, they know two players on the team and think they've won four playoff games in the last decade. Now, quite frankly, I DO think I know more about your fan base than you EVER will...:ols:

What brings you to Penn Yan? Doing a little wine tasting? I was about 30 mins north (Geneva) of there today.

As bad as the Bills have been, I'm surprised you can even find people around WNY who claim to be football fans. If your travels takes you over to Rochester, I'm sure I could name you at least 4 players on the team. I could introduce you to my immediate neighbors across the street and to my right. They too are Cowboy fans and I got a feeling they know at least 3 players on the team.

I could help show you some Cowboys fans that know a little something more than ones you apparently meet and you could show me what a skin's fan actually looks like. I too have an occasion to talk football and haven't had much opportunity to actually find many fans claiming to be skin's fans. Then again, I guess if they don't live in the greater DC area than they must be bandwagon fans and thus not true fans anyway.

:ols: Califan, its almost not fair, these "conversations" we're having with him.

I keep thinking he MUST be an alter-ego of tr1, created solely for the purpose of embarrassing Cowboys fans lol :D...

I could help show you some Cowboys fans that know a little something more than ones you apparently meet...

This comment would go over SO much better if DefenderOfTheStar wasn't posting on this very same thread lol...

oh sure by the slew of skin fans who came in to agree with you. Sorry you can spin it however but Dallas does get injuries the same as other teams, we just stopped whining about it. Or our guys play thru the pain, either way, have at it. Its really pointless to continue to have a discussion that you are going to spin either way and not meet partial.

Football outsiders has an article out on their predictions for the upcoming season. It pretty plainly states the cowboys the last couple of seasons are a statistical anomaly compared to the norm for NFL teams as far as injuries go. That is expected to regress to the mean (as most stats eventually do). It could be the cowboys have the world's greatest training staff, or something to that effect but make no bones about it, injury wise the cowboys don't suffer as much as the average nfl team recently. I don't have time to do the research but I bet the Cowboys are pretty low on the list of teams with starters on IR, total games missed by starters due to injuries, and just total games missed because of injuries.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/7/10/1560619/football-outsiders-project-awful

This doesn't mean the cowboys didn't have guys playing through injuries (that no one can really document). But every team has that.

OMG!

Don't any of you puke fans have enough sympathy to help DOS out? He's taking a pummeling, and I'm NOT EVEN A PART OF IT. :ols:

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for him...well, not really.

What brings you to Penn Yan? Doing a little wine tasting? I was about 30 mins north (Geneva) of there today.

I was in Geneva yesterday...big wine tasting in Watkins Glen this weekend.

I could help show you some Cowboys fans that know a little something more than ones you apparently meet and you could show me what a skin's fan actually looks like. I too have an occasion to talk football and haven't had much opportunity to actually find many fans claiming to be skin's fans. Then again, I guess if they don't live in the greater DC area than they must be bandwagon fans and thus not true fans anyway.

And, this my friends, is a perfect example of how clueless puke fans are.

Are the Skins claiming to be 'America's Team'? No, the team's merchandising, I suspect, is mostly in the DC area, and it RIVALS the income of puke gear sold NATIONWIDE.

Now, what does that tell you about our fan base versus yours?

BTW, you should visit the DC area...you'd actually see fans wearing gear even though their team is in a rough patch.

I never see puke gear after the annual demise.

Are the Skins claiming to be 'America's Team'? No, the team's merchandising, I suspect, is mostly in the DC area, and it RIVALS the income of puke gear sold NATIONWIDE.

BTW, you should visit the DC area...you'd actually see fans wearing gear even though their team is in a rough patch.

:ols::no:

Actually no, sorry, you're wrong. Dallas had a down year and onlyranked 3rd in merchandising last year, down from #1 the previous two. I can't say where the Skins ranked because only the top 10 are listed http://www.cnbc.com/id/30111451/Saints_Are_NFL_s_Top_Sellers

I'm sure the skins will do slightly better this year since everyone had to rush out and get a McNabb jersey now that you've actually got a QB that should be a starter in this league.

No, the team's merchandising, I suspect, is mostly in the DC area, and it RIVALS the income of puke gear sold NATIONWIDE.

Interesting article from last December. Seems as though TR1 doesn't know squat:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/12/new_orleans_saints_crack_top_1.html

I was in Geneva yesterday...big wine tasting in Watkins Glen this weekend.

The Finger Lakes Wine Festival. 2 of my wife's siblings used to own a winery just outside of Watkins Glen (1st one on your right as you go north out of the city-Arcadian Estate). I have gone down to that festival and helped them at their booth. It was a real fun time.

As I previously stated, the kind of Cowboy fans in DC or the ones you talk to in your many travels are different than the ones I know. "Rivaling" is a very vague term allowing you much wiggle room. I would gladly compare merchandising numbers with Cowboys vs skins.

In 2002 (after 3 straight years of 5-11) those bandwagon Cowboy fans still ranked 3rd!! in merchandising sales. Have the skins ever been ranked that high? Post your Superbowl season? Not sure they kept records that long ago.

Enjoy the wine festival,

From a clueless cowboy fan.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/12/new_orleans_saints_crack_top_1.html

Tr1's valuable and unique contributions to the ATN doesn't require any real knowledge of football. In fact, tr1 is at his best when he completely ignores reality. In just about every single other message board on the Internet, it's referred to as trolling. But here, it holds a special purpose for which I hope never changes. Long live the ATN!!!

Just stop making yourself look bad, i didnt say put me on ignore because you bother me, i said put me on your ignore list because you keep looking bad.

you are just spinning stuff to make yourself look good, no one else is buying it and letting you do it because its funny.

its not that i have thin skin, send a pm sometime about life history and ill educate you. Its that you are continously spinning every little letter to the point of crazy.

Either meet me partial way or dont bother responding because i could respin everything but i just figure you look bad on your own.

lol, the bolded part is just entirely untrue, not sure if it has been posted, but you are getting owned in basic knowledge of your own team, from a fan of another team, how does that feel?

And somehow even with Dallas buying a new stadium and having such great sales we are only second to them in team worth (we were actually ahead of them prior to building the stadium, #1 in fact):

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_NFL-Team-Valuations_Value.html

These values are directly related to ticket sales as opposed to rich folk with money buying clothes. To be honest I really think the only reason the pukes and birds are so high is because skins fans would rather buy their gear and burn it, then buy skins right now:silly:.

Gurode had his head stepped on a few years ago. Cleats do hurt.

...and now he has to wear his helmet even when riding on the short, yellow team bus, because he has constant urge to lick the window.

... I too have an occasion to talk football and haven't had much opportunity to actually find many fans claiming to be skin's fans. Then again, I guess if they don't live in the greater DC area than they must be bandwagon fans and thus not true fans anyway.

Yes, because everyone knows that no one moves away from their hometown, and is still a passionate fan of the team they grew up with.

:helmet:

Tr1's valuable and unique contributions to the ATN doesn't require any real knowledge of football. In fact, tr1 is at his best when he completely ignores reality. In just about every single other message board on the Internet, it's referred to as trolling. But here, it holds a special purpose for which I hope never changes. Long live the ATN!!!

tr1 is kind of like ATN's Claude Lemeuix. You love him on your team, hate him on the other...

The board is not the same without him. I may disagree with some of his points, but the discussion generated is priceless. I mean, we wouldn't have DefenderOfTheStar otherwise. And that guy should post non-stop... :)

I will say this. There are Dallas fans I have met who are actually from Dallas, and have a couple of friends that are legitimate Dallas fans who are knowledgeable and understand football.

But the vast majority I know have been the wiki-boys who don't know squat about their team. That is what drives me the craziest. The only thing they rely on is "Uh, we have 5 super bowls" (apparently out of 13).

CowboysZone is a perfect example. There are several Cowboys fans I enjoy hearing their views on. There are far more dim wits who can't carry an intelligent conversation in a bucket!

And yes, the same goes for many Skins fans...

im in love with it.

the season hasnt started, all the teams are 0-0 and already TR1 is mad the Cowboys are getting coverage. I still think hes a closet BOys fan, but okay he wants to say hes a Skins fan, so be it, so why the obessesion with the Boys and the hype they recieve. Is it any less justified if say everyone jumps on the Packers wagon and hypes them?

You want to be pissed this offseason, explain to me why NY gets to cry for the Sb and gets handed it and no other northern team is allowed to get the bid? I dont even know if NY went thru the regular inspection and rounds of talk for a bid but they cried and got it.

That is steaming me more than anything else this offseason. Why arent teams flambasting NY over this? They get a new stadium and to promote they get the SB? I didnt see one for the Skins or the Eagles.

I think TR1 is sick of all the diarrhea/vomit coverage of the cowturds. Every flippin off season the turds are predicted to win it all. It gets old.

:ols::no:

Actually no, sorry, you're wrong. Dallas had a down year and onlyranked 3rd in merchandising last year, down from #1 the previous two. I can't say where the Skins ranked because only the top 10 are listed http://www.cnbc.com/id/30111451/Saints_Are_NFL_s_Top_Sellers

I'm sure the skins will do slightly better this year since everyone had to rush out and get a McNabb jersey now that you've actually got a QB that should be a starter in this league.

The only current players jersey I have is Cooley. I got that last year. I usually stick with the older players. I have Monk, Riggins and D. Green jerseys. I'm one fan that doesn't go out and get the latest and greatest. I also get authentics which cost a little more, so I have to make sure the one I want is worth the money.

lol, the bolded part is just entirely untrue, not sure if it has been posted, but you are getting owned in basic knowledge of your own team, from a fan of another team, how does that feel?

Its an everyday thing for him here, so I'm sure it feels very normal :ols:

That finger lakes region of NY is pretty nice in the summer. Can be hell in the winter, I used to live just below Ithaca. You get a chance go to Wagner's Winery for lunch, great place.

Jeebus, Hap, you've been everywhere I go! :ols:

It looks like I'm going to be in friggin' Texas in August again...I'm doing this for family...maybe I should get a divorce. :rotflmao:

At least Colorado and California are on my schedule late this year.

But the vast majority I know have been the wiki-boys who don't know squat about their team. That is what drives me the craziest. The only thing they rely on is "Uh, we have 5 super bowls" (apparently out of 13).

And, puke fans who visit the ATN can't BELIEVE this is true...well, that is, until DOS shows up.

Proof positive.

Archived