Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to document the puke hype for 2010

tr1

The Cowboys have everything they need to succeed at the receiver position

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/071610dnspocowboysrankings.14363143c.html

Is Tony Romo sits to pee better than Troy Aikman?
:rotflmao:

:ols::ols::ols:

Tony Romo sits to pee primed for stellar season for Dallas Cowboys

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100716/SPORTS0101/7160317/1007/SPORTS/Tony-Romo sits to pee-primed-for-stellar-season-for-Dallas-Cowboys

Tony Romo sits to pee is a big reason why many observers are picking the Dallas Cowboys to represent the NFC in Super Bowl XLV.

The Cowboys are loaded with offensive weapons (including wide receivers Miles Austin, Roy E. Williams and rookie whiz Dez Bryant:laugh:; tight end Jason Witten; running backs Marion Barber and Felix Jones), and Romo sits to pee appears poised to enjoy a huge season.

This could be the season the 30-year-old Romo sits to pee emerges as one of the NFL's top-three QBs. :rotflmao:

Man, I can't wait for December...:rotflmao:

I think TR1 is sick of all the diarrhea/vomit coverage of the cowturds. Every flippin off season the turds are predicted to win it all. It gets old.

Nothing either side can do about. Im no big fan of it, but one really shouldnt be listening to ESPN either, its high time the real fans either find their true numbers and ban it from the talk or see if its enough to hurt their ratings.

Espn is like the main stream media, allow us to give you your opinion.

The only current players jersey I have is Cooley. I got that last year. I usually stick with the older players. I have Monk, Riggins and D. Green jerseys. I'm one fan that doesn't go out and get the latest and greatest. I also get authentics which cost a little more, so I have to make sure the one I want is worth the money.

I do think you'll be getting an Orakpo one in due time.

I will say this. There are Dallas fans I have met who are actually from Dallas, and have a couple of friends that are legitimate Dallas fans who are knowledgeable and understand football.

But the vast majority I know have been the wiki-boys who don't know squat about their team. That is what drives me the craziest. The only thing they rely on is "Uh, we have 5 super bowls" (apparently out of 13).

CowboysZone is a perfect example. There are several Cowboys fans I enjoy hearing their views on. There are far more dim wits who can't carry an intelligent conversation in a bucket!

And yes, the same goes for many Skins fans...

I can understand why a lot of people hate the Cowboys, things like being over-exposed, over-hyped in the MSM, or personalities like Jerry Jones, TO, Deion, etc. But this tripe about there being a larger percentage of idiot fans on one team vs. the other...eesh First, how could such a thing be measured anyway?

I've seen or heard plenty of idiot fans over the years. But I always thought alcohol and male insecurity had a lot more to do with it than any team they rooted for.

I can understand why a lot of people hate the Cowboys, things like being over-exposed, over-hyped in the MSM, or personalities like Jerry Jones, TO, Deion, etc. But this tripe about there being a larger percentage of idiot fans on one team vs. the other...eesh First, how could such a thing be measured anyway?

I've seen or heard plenty of idiot fans over the years. But I always thought alcohol and male insecurity had a lot more to do with it than any team they rooted for.

That for sure is part of it.

But you don't think its possible that as the team with the most national fans (AKA Bandwagoners, outside of the real fans who just live in other places), you have more fans that don't actually know anything about their team (AKA idiots)?

That for sure is part of it.

But you don't think its possible that as the team with the most national fans (AKA Bandwagoners, outside of the real fans who just live in other places), you have more fans that don't actually know anything about their team (AKA idiots)?

oh please, if someone doesnt agree with someone than they dont know their team, more people pass judgement or insults because someone doesnt answer what the person wants to see.

I have had it with other fans saying one teams fanbase is full of bandwagoners, ALL teams are full of bandwagoners, deal with it.

Every year i can see some people leave a team, go with another team and some ive seen follow a team for years just give up. So whats it matter.

oh please, if someone doesnt agree with someone than they dont know their team, more people pass judgement or insults because someone doesnt answer what the person wants to see.

I have had it with other fans saying one teams fanbase is full of bandwagoners, ALL teams are full of bandwagoners, deal with it.

Every year i can see some people leave a team, go with another team and some ive seen follow a team for years just give up. So whats it matter.

LOL. I once heard a great comeback about the whole bandwagon thing - it went something like "Oh sure, like you're right there in the locker room washing their jock straps".

The idea that there is some pecking order among football fans makes me LMAO!

How about "if someone doesn't know even the most simplest of facts about their team, more people pass judgement or insult them" ;)...It's not about not getting the "answer what the person wants to see" (huh? To see? lol)...It's about ridiculing those "fans" of teams who are ONLY fans of that team because they are winning at the time...ANY football fan who doesn't believe those types of "fans" exist is naive beyond words.

So, that would mean all teams are winning just as much as every other team, huh? Makes total sense lol...It WOULD make sense that teams who are winning more would have more bandwagon fans (AKA "idiot fans") than those who are not winning a lot, wouldn't it? Yeah, I thought so.

LOL. I once heard a great comeback about the whole bandwagon thing - it went something like "Oh sure, like you're right there in the locker room washing their jock straps".

The idea that there is some pecking order among football fans makes me LMAO!

Again, any football fan who thinks there are NOT fans who are ONLY fans of a certain team because they're winning at the moment, or they think the QB is "cute" (I know a lot of female Pats "fans" who are only fans because of that reason) is living in some delusional realm where reality doesn't exist. And, yes, true football fans get irritated at those bandwagon/fairweather "fans" who disappear whenever things are not going perfectly...even if they are fans of the same team (and around here, especially if they're fans of the same team).

Again, any football fan who thinks there are NOT fans who are ONLY fans of a certain team because they're winning at the moment, or they think the QB is "cute" (I know a lot of female Pats "fans" who are only fans because of that reason) is living in some delusional realm where reality doesn't exist. And, yes, true football fans get irritated at those bandwagon/fairweather "fans" who disappear whenever things are not going perfectly...even if they are fans of the same team (and around here, especially if they're fans of the same team).

So, I still don't understand why any of that (assuming any of what you said has any truth to it) should bother you. Even the most casual/fairweather fan might go to a game once in a while, or buy a souvenir. It's still support, no matter how small it is. In short, why does there need to be a pecking order or contest among football fans? Why not just enjoy the game for what it is without worrying what other people do or think?

Case in point...turn the extreme the other way. Have you ever been to a game where there was some obnoxious diehard making everyone around them miserable? What gives these people the right to judge other fans so harshly and act so rude anyway?

I am not saying all of them, this is just what my experience is with them. My experience with Dallas fans, specifically in this area, just follow the Cowboys to be an ass, to be obnoxious (like wearing their Cowboys' jersey to Skins games against other teams). They don't really know anything about the Cowboys, aren't passionate in anyway shape or form, love to run their mouths, and just be a general nuisance. Until they lose. Then silence.

And yes, I get equally sick of the idiot homer Redskins fans...like the guy who was convinced the Redskins were going 11-5 last year...even after losing to Detroit. Seriously people like that need to stop talking.

So, I still don't understand why any of that (assuming any of what you said has any truth to it) should bother you. Even the most casual/fairweather fan might go to a game once in a while, or buy a souvenir. It's still support, no matter how small it is. In short, why does there need to be a pecking order or contest among football fans? Why not just enjoy the game for what it is without worrying what other people do or think?

That's fine, just don't pretend that you "have ALWAYS loved the Cowboys...since 1993...and whenever they win."

Really, I don't have a problem with casual or even fairweather fans. Just don't attempt to talk **** and pretend you are what you aren't. Certainly don't bring that weak crap here.

Case in point...turn the extreme the other way. Have you ever been to a game where there was some obnoxious diehard making everyone around them miserable? What gives these people the right to judge other fans so harshly and act so rude anyway?

An ass is an ass is an ass...

That's fine, just don't pretend that you "have ALWAYS loved the Cowboys...since 1993...and whenever they win."

Really, I don't have a problem with casual or even fairweather fans. Just don't attempt to talk **** and pretend you are what you aren't. Certainly don't bring that weak crap here.

An ass is an ass is an ass...

What was it that I was pretending to be? I've always been a Cowboys fan (since the late 70s) and have never rooted for another NFL team. But I really don't care what teams other people root for or even if they switch teams like underwear. Why would I care about that?

I'm not sure how this bandwagon thing you guys are talking about relates to idiots talking smack or whatever. I'll just have to take your word for it. I only get bothered when someone specifically intended to keep me from enjoying the game. That's only happened a couple of times.

What was it that I was pretending to be? I've always been a Cowboys fan (since the late 70s) and have never rooted for another NFL team. But I really don't care what teams other people root for or even if they switch teams like underwear. Why would I care about that?

That was the general you...not you specifically. :)

And if people want to change teams like they change underwear that's fine. Just shut up about it. Don't pretend to be a die-hard, passionate fan for a team you just started following this year b/c last years team is losing and this year's is winning. I actually know someone that was an obnoxious Giants fan after they won the Super Bowl...only to be sporting a Favre Vikings jersey this year.

I'm not sure how this bandwagon thing you guys are talking about relates to idiots talking smack or whatever. I'll just have to take your word for it. I only get bothered when someone specifically intended to keep me from enjoying the game. That's only happened a couple of times.

Know-nothing fans who just want to talk **** do impede my enjoyment of the game. There is nothing more irritating than watching a game, only to have someone who doesn't follow football and pretends to be a fan of the hot team right now to start in with "Oh, Redskins suck. My team-of-the-moment is sooooo much better...blah, blah, blah."

Dude, seriously?? Put the sock and spray paint down. After reading some of your posts the past week I gotta believe your some sort of drug addict or a person with a mental retardation.

That was the general you...not you specifically. :)

And if people want to change teams like they change underwear that's fine. Just shut up about it. Don't pretend to be a die-hard, passionate fan for a team you just started following this year b/c last years team is losing and this year's is winning. I actually know someone that was an obnoxious Giants fan after they won the Super Bowl...only to be sporting a Favre Vikings jersey this year.

Know-nothing fans who just want to talk **** do impede my enjoyment of the game. There is nothing more irritating than watching a game, only to have someone who doesn't follow football and pretends to be a fan of the hot team right now to start in with "Oh, Redskins suck. My team-of-the-moment is sooooo much better...blah, blah, blah."

Oh sorry. I guess that I'm fortunate not to know anyone personally like the idiot(s) you are describing. I'm just one of the idiot Cowboys fans:

funny_shoot_me_al_bundy.jpg

I do think you'll be getting an Orakpo one in due time.

Nope. The only reason I got a Cooley authentic is because my great nephew (he's 7) loves Cooley and we have matching jerseys. I have 2 Art Monk, 1 Theismann, 1 D. Green Throwback and 2 Riggins. I only get the retired players. Maybe in 15 years I'll get a #98 Orakpo. :D;)

Oh sorry. I guess that I'm fortunate not to know anyone personally like the idiot(s) you are describing. I'm just one of the idiot Cowboys fans:

I have know problem with anyone who is fairly knowledgable about their teams, including alot of Cowboy fans in here. Like others have said, when someone starts getting in your face, talking a bunch of **** or acting like an ass, yet they just started rooting for that team (no matter what team it is), you want to deck them. It's uneccessary and uncalled for to give me greif about the team I've been rooting for for over 32 years when you have no idea who the starting MLB is on your own team.

Nope. The only reason I got a Cooley authentic is because my great nephew (he's 7) loves Cooley and we have matching jerseys. I have 2 Art Monk, 1 Theismann, 1 D. Green Throwback and 2 Riggins. I only get the retired players. Maybe in 15 years I'll get a #98 Orakpo. :D;)

thats why i said due time, i think the Skins will never let him walk.

But I really don't care what teams other people root for or even if they switch teams like underwear. Why would I care about that?

Oh, dear lordie...this is so, so sad.

Passion, baby. Passion.

Of course, we can understand why a puke fan can't relate.

:ols:

This is just too funny.

Oh, dear lordie...this is so, so sad.

Passion, baby. Passion.

Of course, we can understand why a puke fan can't relate.

:ols:

This is just too funny.

I know you'll find this difficult to believe tr1, but it's possible to be completely passionate about your team AND act civil and grown up towards others who root for a different team. Imagine that.

I know you'll find this difficult to believe tr1, but it's possible to be completely passionate about your team AND act civil and grown up towards others who root for a different team. Imagine that.

I'm always civil and act 'grown up' with fans from other teams WHO know their players, history and can make legitimate arguments to promote their team.

Unfortunately, a majority of your fan base fails to meet even one of those criteria.

Has this been posted in here yet? :ols:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/072010dnspointergoose1.1571878aa.html

Rick Gosselin on NFC East: 'The Cowboys are a couple of games better than everybody'

06:46 PM CDT on Monday, July 19, 2010

SportsDayDFW.com

Rick Gosselin, NFL writer for The Dallas Morning News and SportsDayDFW.com and a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Selection Committee, spoke with Norm Hitzges on KTCK-AM 1310 The Ticket last week. Here are some excerpts from the interview:

On how he would rank the teams in the NFC East:

Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Redskins. And I think there's a gap between the Cowboys and the Eagles. I think the other three are closer together, in the 7-9, 9-7 range. But the Cowboys are a couple of games better than everybody. And one of the top teams in the whole league, frankly.

Archived