Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to document the puke hype for 2010

tr1

I have a big favor to ask...whenever you see a puke hyped article picking them to win the NFCE and go to the playoffs and SB, I'd ask that you post the headline and the link.

This should be big laughs at the end of the season.

Thanks fellas.

I'll start:

Expectations High in Dallas

http://www.mvptexas.com/nfl/561-expectations-high-in-dallas.html

Jay Ratliff (aka Cheese Eater): Cowboys' biggest issues are kicking game and left tackle spot

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070910dnspojayratliff.11f8d2eb9.html

Who is the team to beat in the NFC East?

I’m definitely going to say the Cowboys. If you look at what we did last year towards the end of the season, we started clicking. Defensively, we were shutting teams out. The offense was putting points on the board and eating up the clock and we were just dominating all around (well, except for the Vikes, of course...:ols:), especially in special teams as well. And if we can just continue that and be consistent throughout the season, I believe we can even go further than that.

2010 NFL Season Predictions

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/417373-nfl-predictions-2010-season

Gosselin: Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee among all-time elite

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/070810dnspogosselincol.1c918c8.html

Quiet Cowboys can only mean they're up to something

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/07/06/2317327/quiet-cowboys-can-only-mean-theyre.html

Maybe Jerry Jones is about to predict who the Cowboys will host in the Super Bowl.

http://vernoncroy.com/5690/2010-nfl-predictions-vernon-croys-2010-nfc-east-preview/

NFL Betting Odds Released for 2011 Super Bowl and MVP Award

http://www.theonlinewire.com/16/7096/GAMBLING-ARTICLE/NFL-Betting-Odds-Released-for-2011-Super-Bowl-and-MVP-Award.aspx

The Dallas Cowboys 2010 Bandwagon is getting full. Are you on board?

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/7/5/1552962/the-dallas-cowboys-2010-bandwagon

2011 Super Bowl Picks

http://www.point-spreads.com/football/070610-2011-super-bowl-picks.html

This is a good system. Any article that mentions the pukes is evidence they're overhyped. Any article that doesn't mention them is evidence that they suck. I think that's what you call a win/win.

:thumbsup:

Early 2011 Super Bowl odds plus five sleeper NFC teams

http://www.scoresreport.com/2010/02/09/early-2011-super-bowl-odds-plus-five-sleeper-nfc-teams/

Seeing as how no NFC team has made back-to-back appearances in the Super Bowl since the Cowboys Packers did it in the late 90s, there is value on throwing some change on a couple of sleeper teams for next season.

For example:

Dallas Cowboys 12/1

The odds on the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl may never be better. Wade Phillips had their defense playing outstanding football at the end of the year and if Jerry Jones can find Tony Romo sits to pee another playmaker to go along with Miles Austin and Jason Witten in the passing game, then the Cowboys will be dangerous again next season. This team got the playoff monkey off its back last year and assuming they have another solid offseason, they could easily win the NFC East again and possibly earn one of the top two seeds in the postseason.

Not a prediction that they will go but close................

Gosselin: Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee among all-time elite

You gotta be kiddin' me lol!! :ols:

If Romo sits to pee's playmakers all match their career years in 2010, the Cowboys' offense will have 350 receptions, 4,594 yards and 31 touchdowns in the bank. And that doesn't include anything from the rookie Bryant, who could push this offense into the stratosphere with his playmaking ability.

So 400 completions, 5,000 yards and 40 touchdowns could all be within Romo sits to pee's reach in 2010.

:rotflmao:

"So 400 completions, 5,000 yards and 40 touchdowns could all be within Romo sits to pee's reach in 2010."

Excuse me for a second........................................................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Gosselin is usually pretty reasonable, but this is just too much. It's pretty unbelievable....

"So 400 completions, 5,000 yards and 40 touchdowns could all be within Romo sits to pee's reach in 2010."

Excuse me for a second........................................................BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, only two players ever have passed for 5000 yards. And he's saying if everyone matches their career years in everything? When have two players had career years in the same category on the same team ever?

Portis and Moss did it, but that was rushing and receiving yards, respectively. And Portis's wasn't even a career year!

There may not be a deeper cast of playmakers anywhere in the NFL. Romo sits to pee's cast is deeper in quantity than those that won Super Bowls with Roger Staubach at the helm in the 1970s and with Troy Aikman at the helm in the 1990s.

He's saying that Tony Romo sits to pee, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, and Felix Jones are a better combo than Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek and Emmitt Smith.

That's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard.

Romo sits to pee finally has thrown the necessary 1,500 passes to qualify for the NFL career passing list and debuts in 2010 as the third most-efficient quarterback in history – ahead of Peyton Manning , Kurt Warner , Tom Brady , Joe Montana and Drew Brees.

Phillip Rivers is #2 behind Steve Young. That argument in invalid.

great-caption-28.jpg?w=500&h=374

He's saying that Tony Romo sits to pee, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, and Felix Jones are a better combo than Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Jay Novacek and Emmitt Smith.

That's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard.

He said "deeper" cast. He is including Barber, Choice, RW11, Crayton, and Bennett. They are undoubtedly more talented than the backups of years past. I think thats what he was refering to.

He said "deeper" cast. He is including Barber, Choice, RW11, Crayton, and Bennett. They are undoubtedly more talented than the backups of years past. I think thats what he was refering to.

I like both Barber and Choice, but of RW11, Crayton and Bennett, I think that only RW11 would have made the Dallas teams of the 90's...and I really doubt that Jimmy Johnson would have tolerated RW11 and his chronic underachieving....

If Romo sits to pee throws for 5,000 yards and 30 TDs, I'll change my screen name to RomoLover

first i do agree it aint gonna happen, however if it does, that is gonna be hilarious....hahaha

FYI....from last years numbers....... all he needs is to average 32.3 more yds/game and .25 more TD's/game then he did last season and..........and he would have archived just that.....

first i do agree it aint gonna happen, however if it does, that is gonna be hilarious....hahaha

FYI....from last years numbers....... all he needs is to average 32.3 more yds/game and .25 more TD's/game then he did last season and..........and he would have archived just that.....

Sorry I meant 40 TDs. 5,000yds and 40TDs. How many QBs have done that in a season?

im in love with it.

the season hasnt started, all the teams are 0-0 and already TR1 is mad the Cowboys are getting coverage. I still think hes a closet BOys fan, but okay he wants to say hes a Skins fan, so be it, so why the obessesion with the Boys and the hype they recieve. Is it any less justified if say everyone jumps on the Packers wagon and hypes them?

You want to be pissed this offseason, explain to me why NY gets to cry for the Sb and gets handed it and no other northern team is allowed to get the bid? I dont even know if NY went thru the regular inspection and rounds of talk for a bid but they cried and got it.

That is steaming me more than anything else this offseason. Why arent teams flambasting NY over this? They get a new stadium and to promote they get the SB? I didnt see one for the Skins or the Eagles.

im in love with it.

the season hasnt started, all the teams are 0-0 and already TR1 is mad the Cowboys are getting coverage. I still think hes a closet BOys fan, but okay he wants to say hes a Skins fan, so be it, so why the obessesion with the Boys and the hype they recieve. Is it any less justified if say everyone jumps on the Packers wagon and hypes them?

Says the proclaimed Cowturd fan that frequents a Skins message board.:saber:

Sorry I meant 40 TDs. 5,000yds and 40TDs. How many QBs have done that in a season?

There have been only 2 QBs throw for 5,000 yds & 40tds (Marino 1984 & Brees 2008). However, no QB has ever thrown for 5,000yds, 40tds & 400 rec. like predicted was in Romo sits to pee's reach. (Marino had the yds & tds but not 400 recs and Brees had the yds, rec but not the 40tds)

Dallas will have a better running attack than either Marino or Brees had during those years, thus, making a historical, statistical season an even more remote possibility.

I wouldn't like to see Romo sits to pee reach any 3 of those stats. Doing so would most likely be the result of an over reliance of the passing attack and not a desirable offensive balance.

Hmmmm, only two players ever have passed for 5000 yards. And he's saying if everyone matches their career years in everything? When have two players had career years in the same category on the same team ever?

Portis and Moss did it, but that was rushing and receiving yards, respectively. And Portis's wasn't even a career year!

The only players I can think of would be Brady and Moss for the '07 Patriots:

Brady-68.9 completion %, 4,806 passing yds, 50 TDs, 8 INTs

Moss-98 receptions, 1,493 receiving yds (career record is 1,632 yds in '03), 23TDs

Dallas will have a better running attack than either Marino or Brees had during those years, thus, making a historical, statistical season an even more remote possibility.

I wouldn't like to see Romo sits to pee reach any 3 of those stats. Doing so would most likely be the result of an over reliance of the passing attack and not a desirable offensive balance.

Both good points, and both should have crossed this writer's mind before submitting that article lol :yes:...

Archived