Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Vincent Jackson ... will remain available for trade (MET)

Mr.Skinbo

I agree. Looking at the Jackson highlight reel, my overall reaction was: meh.

I don't see him as a playmaker at all, no breakaway speed, good solid WR.

i dunno. i never watch SD games, but the PFF ranking has to mean something. not they they are necessarily correct, but they are probably close. highlight reels can be very deceptive.

i dunno. i never watch SD games, but the PFF ranking has to mean something. highlight reels can be very deceptive.

If it was mostly due to the QB, I'd expect to see that Rivers was very highly ranked in their system and his high rating would translate into a high rating for his primary pass catcher. So I went to Pro Football Focus to look at QB ratings and what do you know, Philip Rivers is their highest ranked Passer.

He just seems to be a product of a great offensive system. If he was truly an elite WR playing with a QB as good as Rivers he should be able to muster more than 1,000-1,100 yards.

I agree. Looking at the Jackson highlight reel, my overall reaction was: meh.

I don't see him as a playmaker at all, no breakaway speed, good solid WR.

It's hard to tell from highlite reels. Jackson could be running excellent routes, which is why he always seems to be at the right place at the right time.

sign the man.

front load the contract so that he costs less in future salary cap years.

we need a WR.. not only because we need a true big WR.. but we also need a veteran like him to tutor the young uns..

i mean face it... the skill set Moss has is completely different than what VJ has and what DT and MK need to learn.

Moss is only a burner.. and age will catch up with him soon.

None of you are even remotely close.

I assume TK is saying that a VJ trade is not in the works because we're hearing about it. Think about the two big offseason moves we've made this year, McNabb and Jammal Brown. There wasn't even a hint of those two trades coming to fruition before they happened. Out of the blue.

There could very well be other moves the team is thinking about at this point, but the odds are good that we haven't heard about them and the only way we will is if they finalize a deal.

Vinny's old front office wasn't just leaky, it was the Titanic. The new front office doesn't run that way.

Guys, this has been the norm here for quite some time. TK doesn't say anything at all.. All he does is stir the pot with bogus statements here and there to get everyone in a frenzy. So everyone is clinging to his every word. He has the same source you and I have... Twitter. To think he's an actual insider is asanine. He's vague, because he honestly has no inside information. The Redskins stopped the leaks to the ES site a long time ago.

What trips me out is the way majority of this place swing from his gonads like he actually has information to share that you can't find anywhere else. Do what he does, sign up for Twitter and follow all the beat writers that cover the Redskins. Ask them a question or two and see if they will throw you a nugget. Amazing!

I laugh at the people who get frustrated with his vague posts... He stays vague so you can't point a finger at him when it's wrong. Hello Frisco!

I assume TK is saying that a VJ trade is not in the works because we're hearing about it. Think about the two big offseason moves we've made this year, McNabb and Jammal Brown. There wasn't even a hint of those two trades coming to fruition before they happened. Out of the blue.

The McNabb trade was out of the blue, the Jamaal Brown trade wasn't. There were whispers of the Redskins being interested in Brown prior to the draft.

sign the man.

front load the contract so that he costs less in future salary cap years.

we need a WR.. not only because we need a true big WR.. but we also need a veteran like him to tutor the young uns..

i mean face it... the skill set Moss has is completely different than what VJ has and what DT and MK need to learn.

Moss is only a burner.. and age will catch up with him soon.

Salaries can only differ so much from year to year so salary can't be that frontloaded

Guys, this has been the norm here for quite some time. TK doesn't say anything at all.. All he does is stir the pot with bogus statements here and there to get everyone in a frenzy. So everyone is clinging to his every word. He has the same source you and I have... Twitter. To think he's an actual insider is asanine. He's vague, because he honestly has no inside information. The Redskins stopped the leaks to the ES site a long time ago.

What trips me out is the way majority of this place swing from his gonads like he actually has information to share that you can't find anywhere else. Do what he does, sign up for Twitter and follow all the beat writers that cover the Redskins. Ask them a question or two and see if they will throw you a nugget. Amazing!

I laugh at the people who get frustrated with his vague posts... He stays vague so you can't point a finger at him when it's wrong. Hello Frisco!

904394783-Calm_down_bro-DWrvfmLVFfKK0S1yir7V.jpg

I cannot remember the last time TK was wrong about something.

There could very well be other moves the team is thinking about at this point, but the odds are good that we haven't heard about them and the only way we will is if they finalize a deal.

Vinny's old front office wasn't just leaky, it was the Titanic. The new front office doesn't run that way.

I disagree with you about McNabb. For 1 solid week, it was the major topic on SC every morning while I worked out and rumors had been flying about the possibility for longer than that. There were also several threads concerning the topic here.

Salaries can only differ so much from year to year so salary can't be that frontloaded

Base salaries can only increase by 30% year on year but you can front load using a signing bonus and lower base salaries. The danger of that is in say 3 years when players forget the signing bonus they got and look at their low base salary and start demanding a new deal. That or you get a Haynesworth type who gets the big buks and then sticks it in cruise control.

The McNabb trade was out of the blue, the Jamaal Brown trade wasn't. There were whispers of the Redskins being interested in Brown prior to the draft.

True, but there were whispers of the skins being interested in McNabb early in the offseason too, but it was regarded as poppy****. Pure poppy****!

What I mean is that in the week leading up to the trade there weren't headlines all over pft or espn about a trade actually being very likely like there have been in the past. If we include the whispers like the Brown deal then we'd have to include talk about TO, Brandon Marshall, Otwege, Merriman, Bradford, Suh, Marshawn Lynch, Flozell Adams, etc... There's a lot more than that, but that's all I got from memory.

We're still rumored to be interested in everyone (as always), but we no longer become absolutely transparent right before a deal goes through.

Archived