Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going against the Mob, somewhat in support of Haynesworth

Ryman of the North

so let me get this straight:

bruce allen, the shannahans, haslett, the nflpa, the nfl commissioner, countless players around the league, and every player on the redskins not named haynesworth is wrong.

and albert haynesworth is right.

sorry ryman, i know you love to play devil's advocate but you're obviously wrong and just being a contrarian at this point.

after AH's most recent comment you can't defend him anymore. he's come out and said "i should get by on name alone and shouldn't be subjected to what everyone else is."

he is a spoiled baby whose play is no longer anywhere close to the level of his mouth and he's paying for it. not by some vindictive guy trying to screw him out of money, but from someone who has made everyone earn their spot on this team.

On this subject though (Albert Haynesworth) you are ignoring the blatant. He is not someone who wants to be part of a program.

The basic problem here is that AH thinks his skill gives him a free pass on being a teammate. I really don't know of many players in any professional sport who expect - EXPECT - to play games when they don't practice. Also, I don't know of many who are publically insubordinate to their coaches. Those that have shown this behavior have basically committed career suicide.

And for the record, I don't believe Albert has rhabdoblabbablabba at all. If he did I think it would have been diagnosed a loooong time ago by either NFL doctors or other doctors. It's BS. However if I'm proven wrong, at least I'll own up to it. ;)

I don't think he has it either but since it's an acute condition (i.e. brought on by something in particular happening) it's not something that would have been detected a long time ago, because the causative event would have occurred recently.

What may have happened is that they did some precautionary blood tests and noticed abnormal results for something like creatine kinase (CK). High CK is an indicator of muscle damage, and is sometimes seen in people who over-exert themselves after a period of relatively light exertion.

It can be an indicator of rhabdomyolysis but it could also indicate other things like myocarditis, muscular dystrophy or simply injury.

I think it's a classic case of miscommunication - someone probably said CK could be one of these things, the next person said it was one of these things, the third person said it was rhabdomyolysis and now we have a source quoted as saying AH had it.

I also wonder if it's a coincidence that this article came out on Saturday?

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/08/two_mcminnville_players_releas.html

Rhabdomyolysis can lead to compartment syndrome.

Until a doctor makes a statement about this, it's all hearsay.

so let me get this straight:

bruce allen, the shannahans, haslett, the nflpa, the nfl commissioner, countless players around the league, and every player on the redskins not named haynesworth is wrong.

and albert haynesworth is right.

sorry ryman, i know you love to play devil's advocate but you're obviously wrong and just being a contrarian at this point.

after AH's most recent comment you can't defend him anymore. he's come out and said "i should get by on name alone and shouldn't be subjected to what everyone else is."

he is a spoiled baby whose play is no longer anywhere close to the level of his mouth and he's paying for it. not by some vindictive guy trying to screw him out of money, but from someone who has made everyone earn their spot on this team.

actually several players on the skins have actually said that haynesworth is not entirely wrong , but that doesnt make for a good news story.

actually several players on the skins have actually said that haynesworth is not entirely wrong , but that doesnt make for a good news story.

LOL Ryman! You better start posting some references to back all these posts up. The replies you're getting come with facts that keep knocking you off the hill. :)

Actually, several players have said things that can be interpreted to mean that AH is not completely wrong, but none of them have come right out and said it.

Actually, several players have said things that can be interpreted to mean that AH is not completely wrong, but none of them have come right out and said it.

I agree I am not a fan of anonymous sources and nebulous rumour mongering but Fletcher has come right out and said that he doesnt think AH is a problem and that while he is leery of the new shceme he is buying in.

thats a long way from what the mob iposts everytime his name is mentioned, its like Pavlovs retarded dog, mention his name and watch as people froth at the mouth and make idiot statements that they would enevr make otherwise.

i would like to see those quotes, especially anytime recently. maybe someone said something when he chose not to come to conditioning, but after all that has happened i have not read one player even come close to sympathizing.

now you're just making up stuff to keep this going.

LOL Ryman! You better start posting some references to back all these posts up. The replies you're getting come with facts that keep knocking you off the hill. :)

actually people need to read more than one thread, unlike some nerds, this nerd has a life and cant be bothered to cite every single thread on a forum. but I guess its more fun to just throw fits. lol

I dont need to make anything up btw, thats somewhat funny.

bufallo had 8 ypc with an oline that wouldnt be good in the UFL, two of our proposed starters look like fish out of water and our best Dlineman has been demonised despite coming in at 30 pounds lighter. how exactly has our defence been stout?

I am laughing when I read people attacking me personally for simply reading and then using my brain, perhaps more of them should try it, the forum would be a far better place with less vitriolic idiocy.

If you're going to call others idiots, can you at least try to spell the words correctly?

Also, re: your point that Shanahan has had some really bad years...here's his record as a head coach.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ShanMi0.htm

Yr W L

88 7-9

89 1-3

95 8-8

96 13-3

97 12-4

98 14-2

99 6-10

00 11-5

01 8-8

02 9-7

03 10-6

04 10-6

05 13-3

06 9-7

07 7-9

08 8-8

If you're going to call others idiots, can you at least try to spell the words correctly?

Also, re: your point that Shanahan has had some really bad years...here's his record as a head coach.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ShanMi0.htm

Yr W L

88 7 9

89 1 3

95 8 8

96 13 3

97 12 4

98 14 2

99 6 10

00 11 5

01 8 8

02 9 7

03 10 6

04 10 6

05 13 3

06 9 7

07 7 9

08 8 8

what words have I spelled incorrectly?

and im not saying he isnt a solid coach and a great OC I am saying that when he has input on defence he is brutal.

btw if you are saying I spelled offence or defence incorrectly, I should remind you I am Canadian and my first language is english.

At this point, there's no defending Haynesworth. Had he shown up to OTA's, he would have known that he wouldn't be a full time NT and the staff would have seen what kind of shape he was in. This guy wants his ass kissed and he's coming up against a coach that won't do it. He's talented and is a force when he feels like giving a crap, but the juice just ain't worth the squeeze. Bench him...trade him, but do something, cause I'm sick of his nonsense.

what words have I spelled incorrectly?

and im not saying he isnt a solid coach and a great OC I am saying that when he has input on defence he is brutal.

btw if you are saying I spelled offence or defence incorrectly, I should remind you I am Canadian and my first language is english.

what you're missing is that this isn't an offense/defense debate. this is a player/coach thing. this is a conditioning/chemistry thing.

shanny isn't doing a thing with our defense. he respects the 3-4 as an offensive coordinator because it causes match up problems for his offense. he likes haslett's ideas and so do the players. even fat al after he decided to show up and listen to what they had to say says he likes it.

This is from Carlos Rogers today. Say what you will about Shanny, but he is the coach, and that's not changing. If this environment didn't suit Albert, then maybe he shouldn't have cashed that check:

“Coach’s mindset is, if you miss practice you’re not coming in and playing with the ones [first team],” Rogers explained. “You’re not starting. You’ll never come in [and only practice] on Friday and start on Sunday. He’s not like that.”

So it's no wonder Albert's complaints about playing amongst the backups fell on deaf ears. Shanny doesn't have a double-standard for Albert. He's got a standard that he applies to the whole team, and the guys who fight it stick out like a sore thumb.

Albert simply isn't grasping the structure that Shanny has put in place. He can fight it all he wants, but eventually he'll have to learn that Zorn is no longer the coach, and he won't get anywhere trying to go head-to-head with Shanahan.

http://www.csnwashington.com/08/22/10/Video-Reveals-How-Starters-Fared/landing_v3.html?blockID=295406&feedID=272

from the csn article: " The defense didn’t do a lot of substitution within a drive. Either that will be Jim Haslett’s philosophy or the coaching staff wants to get the starting unit into football shape.

On the Ravens’ first drive (five plays), the Redskins made only one change – Phillip Buchanon came in as the nickel back on third down. The other 10 players played each snap."

but you're right, they're being too hard on him for being out of shape.

Haynesworth is a medical mistery. Here he is reportedly to have Rhabdomyolysis, which takes "weeks(plural) or months(plural) after starting the medicine and Haynesworth was magically healed in only a few days so that he could participate in full practice today. Amazing.

Sorry if I fail to show sympathy.

This is from Carlos Rogers today. Say what you will about Shanny, but he is the coach, and that's not changing. If this environment didn't suit Albert, then maybe he shouldn't have cashed that check:

So it's no wonder Albert's complaints about playing amongst the backups fell on deaf ears. Shanny doesn't have a double-standard for Albert. He's got a standard that he applies to the whole team, and the guys who fight it stick out like a sore thumb.

Albert simply isn't grasping the structure that Shanny has put in place. He can fight it all he wants, but eventually he'll have to learn that Zorn is no longer the coach, and he won't get anywhere trying to go head-to-head with Shanahan.

shhh, the players are secretly backing haynesworth and are completely on his side.

they just will never be quoted that way, this goes deeper than even the brennan not being the starting qb conspiracy.

i think this is a case for the hardley boys.

actually people need to read more than one thread, unlike some nerds, this nerd has a life and cant be bothered to cite every single thread on a forum. but I guess its more fun to just throw fits. lol

Actually, this board operates by people making claims and posting links to back them up, otherwise they are nothing more than a liar and a troll. For instance, I could claim you are not who you claim to be and have no professional football experience, but then I would have to have information to back that claim up with or I would be seen as a liar and a troll and, rightfully so, be ridiculed and probably banned.

It is funny how I have seen you call people out for not reading and not backing up their comments, yet when the tables are turned, you just use insults. This leads me to conclude what you have made very easy and evident: You are sticking up for Albert because you are cast from the same mold. Both of you are arrogant and self-absorbed, thinking that the rules don't apply to you, just to everyone else. When you don't get your way, you have to go juvenile with the insults and dodge your responsibility in a situation, laying the blame on everyone else for your mess.

It was one thing to start this thread when you did, but after all that has transpired since then, for you to still be trumpeting this to help parade your anti-Shanahan and Haslett agenda is really nothing less than pathetic.

Actually, this board operates by people making claims and posting links to back them up, otherwise they are nothing more than a liar and a troll. For instance, I could claim you are not who you claim to be and have no professional football experience, but then I would have to have information to back that claim up with or I would be seen as a liar and a troll and, rightfully so, be ridiculed and probably banned.

It is funny how I have seen you call people out for not reading and not backing up their comments, yet when the tables are turned, you just use insults. This leads me to conclude what you have made very easy and evident: You are sticking up for Albert because you are cast from the same mold. Both of you are arrogant and self-absorbed, thinking that the rules don't apply to you, just to everyone else. When you don't get your way, you have to go juvenile with the insults and dodge your responsibility in a situation, laying the blame on everyone else for your mess.

It was one thing to start this thread when you did, but after all that has transpired since then, for you to still be trumpeting this to help parade your anti-Shanahan and Haslett agenda is really nothing less than pathetic.

OH SNAP! :ols:

I don't think it had to go that deep, but my goodness; it's been a while since there's been an major e-slap like that in here.

And this thread is simply cut of the "Cult of Colt" mold; i.e. "Hey, lookie how many people have responded so it must be good" fallacy.

It started out with some decent points; but has spiraled into a big pile of garbage like most threads that attempt to rift the board on purpose.

Actually Ryman I can't understand you still defending AH, but hey that is why I bumped this thread, again. :evilg: This is like a car wreck, it is ugly and you just can't look away.

Your 44th post? I hope you stick around and post more, that was awesome.

Ryman does know quite a bit about defenses but I think you hit the nail on the head, he and Al personality wise are much alike.

:cheers: Redskins Life! Well said, young man.

:helmet:

Maybe if people spent some time actually reading they wouldnt need to be spoon fed.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=330315

Nice try but you said.....

"actually several players on the skins have actually said that haynesworth is not entirely wrong , but that doesnt make for a good news story."

At 5:16. The news item you are now referencing wasn't a thread until over an hour later.

Maybe if people spent some time actually reading they wouldnt need to be spoon fed.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=330315

And that interview falls into the "Hardly in support of Haynesworth" category

"You have your high-profile player in Albert Haynesworth, who I think everybody knows he didn't perform up to the standard we needed him to play at last year," Hall said on the Sports Fix. "I don't think he played in a single NFC East game. Maybe one. We definitely need him for that dominance in those games."

He goes on to make a statement about Shannahan's flexibility in dealing with players. So what's your point?

Archived