Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going against the Mob, somewhat in support of Haynesworth

Ryman of the North

First off, the level of hate on here towards Albert has been ridiculous. judging by the vitriol you would think he killed a kitten with a puppy in front of a bus full of orphans which he then pushed off a cliff. Truth is that most of the anger towards him is based on the fact that none of us have ever been in the position to demand 100 million for our services so its beyond our comprehension that he wouldnt sell his soul for it and that he may actually even be in the right.

Even other NFL players are obviously Jealous, some of their comments are actually quite funny and openly jealous.

Is Albert completely in the right? nope he should have been more vocal BEFORE THE 21 MILLION DOLLAR BONUS PAYMENT, and now he should be showing up to at least hear out this new "hybrid" scheme, but from what Ive read he was tapped to play NT not DE and he was frankly not interested. Our only other real option is a guy coming off an achilles tear.

The Bottom line is that Alberta CHOSE the skins based on what he was told by the OWNER, not the coach, not the owners raquetball playing toady but the guy who barring selling the team, has been and will be the guy calling the shots at the end. He had 2 other suitors, one of whom was rumoured to offer more money and both of whom also played 4-3 defences, BUT NEITHER was willing to make him the promises we did.

What was he promised? well apparently that he wouldnt be misused by asking him to soak up blockers while linebackers made plays leaving him to do the dirty work. Now LOGIC WOULD DICTATE THAT WHEN YOU PAY A MAN 100 MILLION DOLLARS YOU DO NOT CHANGE TO A DEFENCE BASED AROUND A ROOKIE THAT REQUIRES THE 100MILLION DOLLAR FREE AGENT TO RETOOL HIS ENTIRE GAME. LOGIC WOULD ALSO DICTATE THAT WHEN YOU PAY A MAN 100MILLION DOLLARS THAT YOU WILL DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO MAXIMISE THAT INVESTMENT. So No Albert was not being unreasonable by thinking the defence would be built around him. You dont pay 100million for a tackling dummy.

Well Surely SOMEONE must be to blame? I Blame Shannahan and Snyder, the OFFENSIVE mastermind, who decided in the offseason before even knowing who his personelle were to switch based on the supposed superiority of the 3-4. never mind that this roster was already tooled for a 4-3 and that several 4-3 ends were on the free agent market who would have been massive upgrades, a very good sam was also on the market so we could easily have moved Rak to his natural spot. Yet instead we sign a pile of marginal free agents and spend draft picks that were needed to shore up a weak offence? More importantly by completely disregarding his people he is the one who caused this debacle. Then there is our Owner, honestly he pays the bills, and I have NO doubt that he personally promised albert that he wouldnt be a block absorber. and I dont know about you but when the head honcho tells me something i listen.

To those who have never played DT and dont understand the complete difference between a 3 tech and a NT , it is exactly like paying michael Jordan a hundred million and then telling him to set screens and take charges and not shoot or pass. NT is a position that may be the most physically demanding in football, its thankless and most NT's get beat up badly. would we sign Demarcus ware and then tell him that because he is remarkably athletic for his size that we are moving him to corner? No, so why is it that Albert is a NT because of his size?

Either way, This is not the best way to have handled it, Albert needs to show up and give the new shceme at least a look, and at that point make the call. The team is gonna have to make a decision, and I am torn, I sort of want them to trade him and get whatever we can, but I also wouldnt mind if they said well albert you will play here or you can take a 6 year break and try to come back after that.

Logic would dictate that when you are offered to leave because they understand the situation, and you take the money anyway and then demand a trade, you are a thief.

See that right there ends any argument in favor of him. The Skins gave him a way out and he took the money anyway. I don't feel bad for him at all. He had his chance to leave, but wanted the money. If they didn't give him a chance to leave, I would sort of feel for him, but since he basically said he was cool with it and now wants to leave, screw him.

Sorry, I don't buy it...you even said it yourself:

"...he should have been more vocal BEFORE THE 21 MILLION DOLLAR BONUS PAYMENT, and now he should be showing up to at least hear out this new "hybrid" scheme, but from what Ive read he was tapped to play NT not DE and he was frankly not interested."

So basically he THINKS he won't like his role, TAKES $21M anyway even though we gave him an out before that payment, and then DEMANDS A TRADE/BOYCOTTS mini-camp.

He's not Gargamel or something, but he's immature, deceitful, and unaccountable. All things that, at his age, warrant plenty of the blame in this situation.

I'd have respected him if this 3-4 was so important to him that he declined the money and became a FA. I'd have respected him if the money was so important to him that he took it and worked hard despite being "out of position" in the defense. Hell, I'd even kind of respect him if he took the money, intended to work hard "out of position", showed up to camp and THEN realized he hated the scheme.

But he did none of those things. He took the money, promised to be a good soldier, didn't show any interest in learning about the way we want to use him in the new defense/assumed he'd hate it, and now is causing problems.

Sorry, I don't have any sympathy for him at all.

Sorry, I don't buy it...you even said it yourself:

"...he should have been more vocal BEFORE THE 21 MILLION DOLLAR BONUS PAYMENT, and now he should be showing up to at least hear out this new "hybrid" scheme, but from what Ive read he was tapped to play NT not DE and he was frankly not interested."

So basically he THINKS he won't like his role, TAKES $21M anyway even though we gave him an out before that payment, and then DEMANDS A TRADE/BOYCOTTS mini-camp.

He's not Gargamel or something, but he's immature, deceitful, and unaccountable. All things that, at his age, warrant plenty of the blame in this situation.

I'd have respected him if this 3-4 was so important to him that he declined the money and became a FA. I'd have respected him if the money was so important to him that he took it and worked hard despite being "out of position" in the defense. Hell, I'd even kind of respect him if he took the money, intended to work hard "out of position", showed up to camp and THEN realized he hated the scheme.

But he did none of those things. He took the money, promised to be a good soldier, didn't show any interest in learning about the way we want to use him in the new defense/assumed he'd hate it, and now is causing problems.

Sorry, I don't have any sympathy for him at all.

This. He said he was going to give it a shot and he backed out. No matter who you are or what your job is, if you back down from your word; well...you don't deserve much respect in my book.

From where? Curious.

Rather not say, but I was fine with the trade, and I think everyone here would be fine with it as well. Guess we'll just wait and see if anything happens.

Only thing I can give you is OL.

my beef with AH is the way he handled it. Non of us know the whole truth and what was said when he first signed. But I expect him to at least have the decency to handle his concerns and/or confusion in a professional manner.

Show up, see the system first hand. If you don't like it, then it's fair to speak up. And just keep it internal. Realize that the attention is on you for being the highest paid player and don't let it affect the team the way it did.

The Bottom line is that Alberta CHOSE the skins based on what he was told by the OWNER, not the coach, not the owners raquetball playing toady but the guy who barring selling the team, has been and will be the guy calling the shots at the end. He had 2 other suitors, one of whom was rumoured to offer more money and both of whom also played 4-3 defences, BUT NEITHER was willing to make him the promises we did.

...bottom line is that he lied about doing what ever they (the organization) asked him to do and not wanting to get traded because of a change in scheme...in other words he's a lying thief.

ADAM SCHEIN: I know you’re energized about Shanhan, but we talked a little earlier about you potentially being cast out of position in the 3-4 Have you considered asking for a trade?

ALBERT HAYNESWORTH: No I haven’t, I’m going to be happy wherever they play me at. If you really look at it, a DE in 3-4 is the same as a DT in a 4-3. I’m just ready to get out there and get after it.

pinokio.jpg

Rather not say, but I was fine with the trade, and I think everyone here would be fine with it as well. Guess we'll just wait and see if anything happens.

Only thing I can give you is OL.

So why would you post that a trade could happen today, but not say what it would be or where you heard it from?

Good to know. Thanks for any info! We all understand if you can't give any details.

One question (if you can answer)...will we be OK with his destination? He's lazy, but I don't want to see him too often!

Heard a trade might be happening this afternoon.

I do recall you being a insider, but are you telling me they gave this bum 32 million and going to trade him?....lol

I'll believe this when I see it. They would have to get some sort of incredible draft package or AH would have to give back some of that money before I would ever make that move.

Archived