Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going against the Mob, somewhat in support of Haynesworth

Ryman of the North

There's always one and your him Ryman. I don't care what the monies are your word is what represents you as a person. And Haynesworth failed to live up to his words and your defending him and his words makes no difference. When and If he walks into fed-ex field again no matter the colors he is going to be shocked by the MOB.

Have you been follwing this at all? Its never been disputed that a mjor reason Al came here was the assurance he was given that he would be unleashed.

and Dan Snyder holds the reins, period,

And only someone as foolish as Albert Haynesworth would assume that nothing involving coaches, schemes, management or how he is being used would ever change over the course of his entire contract.

And as others have pointed out, Haynesworth has been to ONE organized team activity since Shanahan took over. So he has no ****ing idea how the coaches plan to use him.

Look, I'd like to be with you with a contrarian view of Haynesworth's actions. The fervor of the mob against him has been feverish. I held back when it was only voluntary OTAs that he was missing. But now I can't find anything to support him on. He's a pariah in this town, and he should be.

Oh jees...over the top much?

No, it's not over the top. Every time a insider posts information, we have your usual suspects running in to chime in on how they aren't reliable, lost credibility, are a hack, etc..

If you don't find him credible, that's fine, just ignore his posts and move on. It's guys like you that have ran off the other insiders in the past. For the rest of us, we appreciate the gems of information so don't ruin it for us.

Wilcox of NFL.com says that the Redskins should make him play. And, I agree.

In the realm of legal reality, when Albert Haynesworth took the $21 million big bucks, Haynesworth closed the contract and became the property of the Washington Redskins again, to do with him as they see fit for the team.

Remember, Albert was saying all the right things prior to the $21 million deal. He was saying he would do whatever the Skins wanted him to do. He had no problems playing in a new defense. After taking the money, Albert changes his mind. Albert you are now viewed by some as being a confidence man, extorting money with deceitful tactics and intent. One thing is true in all of this, Dan Snyder should stay the ---- out of player selections and contracts. Dan wants to shift the blame from himself and Vinny by letting the present GM and Head Coach clean up his mistakes.

Dan Snyder is someone that Haynesworth should not quote because Snyder is not a knowledgeable football personnel man. He is a owner and a fan. Another thing, as London Fletcher has said, Albert has not even given this defense a chance. So how does he know that he can't play in it? Again, Albert Haynesworth is being naive if he thinks the Washington Redskins don't have clout in this situation. I don't have sympathy for Albert Haynesworth in this case.

Stop making excuses for Albert Haynesworth. This is a business about entertainment. So Albert Haynesworth, entertain us. Its like buying a car, a salesman (Dan Snyder) will say anything to close the deal. Albert you have no platform to stand on. Come to your senses and play the game or give back the $21 million big bucks.

No, it's not over the top. Every time a insider posts information, we have your usual suspects running in to chime in on how they aren't reliable, lost credibility, are a hack, etc..

If you don't find him credible, that's fine, just ignore his posts and move on. It's guys like you that have ran off the other insiders in the past. For the rest of us, we appreciate the gems of information so don't ruin it for us.

Guys like me, huh? Whatever, dude. I always give people the benefit of the doubt. I told JC#17 I would apologize if he is right.

I appreciate the gems of info too...don't get it twisted.

I am in partial agreement with Ryman.

Here is something that is not being mentioned. Isn't it possible the Shanahan and Allen basically orchestrated this from the beginning? I mean, as soon as I heard the numbers 3-4 in that order, I thought, "Haynesworth is gonna be pissed." Surely they knew this too.

I don't think they ever really wanted him here. So, they decided to push the crazy man's buttons.

As for the player criticism...NFL players are sheep. By the time you reach this level, you have been forced to conform for so many years that it's next to impossible to even conceive of challenging management.

There's always one and your him Ryman. I don't care what the monies are your word is what represents you as a person. And Haynesworth failed to live up to his words and your defending him and his words makes no difference. When and If he walks into fed-ex field again no matter the colors he is going to be shocked by the MOB.

I would agree, exceot that you are completely ignoring the fact that SOMEONE broke their word to Albert first.

I would agree, exceot that you are completely ignoring the fact that SOMEONE broke their word to Albert first.

It's probable that that SOMEONE was already an ex-Redskin when that "word" was broken. Zorn. Or Blache. Or Cerrato. Which is the way of the NFL, especially on a team like the Redskins, whose owner changes coaches as often as most people change bedsheets.

Here is something that is not being mentioned. Isn't it possible the Shanahan and Allen basically orchestrated this from the beginning? I mean' date=' as soon as I heard the numbers 3-4 in that order, I thought, "Haynesworth is gonna be pissed." Surely they knew this too.

I don't think they ever really wanted him here. So, they decided to push the crazy man's buttons.

As for the player criticism...NFL players are sheep. By the time you reach this level, you have been forced to conform for so many years that it's next to impossible to even conceive of challenging management.[/quote']

So we are switching to the 3-4 in order to piss off Albert Haynesworth?

If they didn't want him here they wouldn't have gave him the 21 mil.

I'm sure Albert said all the standard stuff that free agents say prior to signing as well. You know: "I'll be a team player", "I'll be a leader", I'll take part in all team activities"," My only concern is winning", the rhetoric that all players throw down when they are about to get PAID, but not all of them mean.

Did the Redskins have the right to not pay him the 21 million April 1st becuase he didn't live up to every word that he and his agent said to the skins in sales pitch mode leading up to the signing? Of course not! That's why they put everything that they want set in stone, in the contract.

Snyder may have told him the weather was nice in DC, and then it snowed buckets this past year. Is that a valid reason to ditch the team?

Finally, do you really think that both Albert and his agent believed in their hearts that the Redskins would not change a single coach or scheme over the entire 6 year deal? Cmon.

The fans are unhappy with Albert because he took the big payday (which he had every right to do), but instead of the undying loyalty that you would hope a record payday would bring, you get a guy who isn't willing to play a slightly different position to help the team as whole do better.

Here is something that is not being mentioned. Isn't it possible the Shanahan and Allen basically orchestrated this from the beginning? I mean' date=' as soon as I heard the numbers 3-4 in that order, I thought, "Haynesworth is gonna be pissed." Surely they knew this too.

I don't think they ever really wanted him here. So, they decided to push the crazy man's buttons.[/quote']

I considered it for a moment, but really it seems a bit farfetched. If they wanted rid of Crisco Ass they could have done it in a less contrived and twisted way don't you think?

Logic would dictate that when you are offered to leave because they understand the situation, and you take the money anyway and then demand a trade, you are a thief.
I would totally agree especially when they told him he could leave without taking the bonus and sign with another team, or if he took the 21 million he would be playing NT (Per Shanahan), and he took the 21 million? He knew exactly what he was doing. While I am not to the level of disdain that Ryman is saying most of us have for the man, I would however still hope the man moves on from the team.

I work for FedEx and when I signed with FedEx I was quoted a salary. Then the other year I get an email saying they are going to be cutting our pay by 5%. My point in relaying this is, more than likely when the promise was made the organization had every intention of living up to their word, but sometimes things change and people need to wear their big-boy underwear and understand that.

was there a point to that?

I keep my word, my point is that Danny broke his word to Albert first, I would assume that after that all bets were off.

Even if Danny was wrong he did his best to get AH what he wants. After last season went as bad as it did change was going to happen. It is completely self-centered to think that their going to completely bend every choice around a DUMB promise that if AH wasn't so ignorant he would know that they might not be able to keep. Things change and nothing is set in stone when it comes to personel and how they are going to be used.

I would agree, except that you are completely ignoring the fact that SOMEONE broke their word to Albert first.

STOP Defending this guy! What he did, and how he did it, was wrong, deceitful, and totally dishonest.

He was given a chance to move on if he wanted to. AH was the one who took the money and promised to conform. Who really cares at this point who said what first. We have NO idea what was SIGNED in his contract. Everything else is crap. And, I would pretty much guarantee that the contract does not promise to run a 4-3 scheme for 7 years. :beatdeadhorse:

How about this senario:

He told Shanny he would not attend voluntary workouts because he was working with a personal trainer but he would be here for the mandatory stuff. He promised he would show up in shape and be ready to go. Although Shanny didn't like the decision he accepted it. Then he still had every intension of doing this when he accepted the 21M April 1. Since then he has been lurking on this board reading all the posts about him not being a team guy, being fat and lazy and the multitude of other unfavorable opinions and realized that the fans didn't want him here. His ego couldn't take it so at the last minute he bailed out. Maybe he wasn't in as good of shape as he promised and couldn't take putting up with the scrutiny and criticism that would have followed.

I still think he is a big baby but just trying to think of what could be going through his mind.

The Bottom line is that Alberta CHOSE the skins based on what he was told by the OWNER, not the coach, not the owners raquetball playing toady but the guy who barring selling the team, has been and will be the guy calling the shots at the end. He had 2 other suitors, one of whom was rumoured to offer more money and both of whom also played 4-3 defences, BUT NEITHER was willing to make him the promises we did.

What was he promised? well apparently that he wouldnt be misused by asking him to soak up blockers while linebackers made plays leaving him to do the dirty work. Now LOGIC WOULD DICTATE THAT WHEN YOU PAY A MAN 100 MILLION DOLLARS YOU DO NOT CHANGE TO A DEFENCE BASED AROUND A ROOKIE THAT REQUIRES THE 100MILLION DOLLAR FREE AGENT TO RETOOL HIS ENTIRE GAME. LOGIC WOULD ALSO DICTATE THAT WHEN YOU PAY A MAN 100MILLION DOLLARS THAT YOU WILL DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO MAXIMISE THAT INVESTMENT. So No Albert was not being unreasonable by thinking the defence would be built around him. You dont pay 100million for a tackling dummy.

Unfortunately, your argument falls right here, leaving you stranded.

Here's what Haynesworth said in his introductory press conference last year when we brought him in:

"Well, I mean with the contract it's gonna be all on me. My job is, if you don't see me being really as productive, I'm gonna probably be drawing double-teams and triple-teams and it's gonna be freeing up our other guys to make plays. So to kind of judge how I'm doing, you can just see how we're doing as a team and how we're performing as far as a defense.

"So as long as the defense is performing well ... I mean, it's kind of hard to go up from number four in the league, but it's a little bit easier to go up in the sack [totals], because other guys can get sacks too."

Im talking about Danny, given how involved he has been in the past with the wining and dining I would be very doubtful that he wasnt involved very very heavily here.

Among others? Sure. But it wasn't just on Danny's word. He also talked with Zorn, Blache and Vinny. Also, when he talked to the media, he seemed to know what was expected of him.

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/06/16/albert-haynesworth-apparently-not-attending-mandatory-sessions/

I still think the bulk of his unhappiness last year was that he wasn't getting the stats he wanted, so he blamed the system. In the spring, he didn't seem to have a problem with not being the main focus:

"Well, yeah, it's a lot of money, but honestly I put more pressure on myself than what the contract would do. Because I have such high standards for myself that, you know, he could've given me half a billion dollars and it still wouldn't've been the pressure that I put on myself. 'Cause I expect myself to play at a high level and to dominate, and if I'm not making plays that people around me are making plays. So as far as the number, I mean, yeah, it's great. Like I say, it's awesome. I mean, don't get me wrong, but ... as far as the pressure? No."

But, when he didn't get the stats, he blamed the coaches for not using him as he was in Tennessee. Somehow, I doubt the team promised that they'd use him exactly the same way, tho I'm sure they did do some adjusting to try to take advantage of some of the things he can do. If he wanted to do exactly what he was doing in Tennessee, he should have stayed there.

As for this year, he hasn't even tried to learn what his role in this defense is going to be. He hasn't been here. He really doesn't know. All he knows is that the defense is a base 3-4 and he wants nothing to do with that.

Meanwhile, everyone else on the defense, who have mostly played in 4-3s in their career, is embracing the new scheme. It seems everyone except for Haynesworth seems to understand that change is a part of the NFL and that you try to adapt to whatever coaches ask you to do. Those that don't do not last too long in the league.

Archived