Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going against the Mob, somewhat in support of Haynesworth

Ryman of the North

couldn't care less.

I just think it is funny you get on here and drop hints. Why not just say exactly what it is? You are already on board saying he will get traded for an OL this afternoon...may as well sink or swim.

Bro, in all fairness this is the mark with the tealeafers. They very seldom tell you exactly whats going to happen. You never know who's lurking in these boards.

I agree that Albert is in the wrong for how hes handled this, that doesnt mean he is completely in the wrong as some people are saying. and diesel, the day your opinion means more to me than a wet fart Ill let you know.

Well, it can't really be both ways, can it?

He's in the wrong for how he's handled disagreeing with the Redskins' direction. If you want to argue that it's OK for him not to agree with the organization, I guess that's fine, but irrelevant. I'm sure half the players on the team have a gripe with what coaching does from time to time. The issue MOST on here have is how he's handling that (which you agree is wrong).

This was a well thought out post. But you are really reaching with your Michael Jordan analogy. Albert acknowledged in his initial presser that he would be stuck occupying blockers and stalemating lineman. Albert's reluctance to sit down and speak with Haslett and Shanny is a huge part of the problem. I don't see what the problem is with asking him to play nose in a couple different packages. It sounds like they were going to put him in a variety of positions. Afterall this isn't Dick Lebau straight 3-4 football. Our scheme is going to have a variety of different looks. I mean I would think Albert would be licking his chops with the opportunity to rush from the end position.

If albert were really irked about the situation, he had the chance to leave. He was given every opportunity to walk away and find a better situation. The fact that he chose to take the check and is now failing to live up to the expectations set forth in that exchange is criminal. It speaks volumes about his character and shows you that his previous behavior is in line with the type of man he is.

The NFL is a year to year game. If the team fails to live up to expectations then you can be sure that change will come about. There is no way in hell we would base our defense around one man especially one as un reliable as haynesworth. I remember watching him that final series against the saints. We had to call a critical timeout on that last drive, because once again Albert was rolling around on the ground.

Albert needs to decide if he really wants to play football. If he doesn't. No big deal. Return the check and go back to Tenn. If he Does, then show up motivated and in shape. Meet with Haslett and offer some input into the scheme.

There is no argument to support haynesworth. The Redskins have gone above and beyond their end of the bargain. It's time for Albert to do the same.

TD, why do we expect Albert to keep his word when there is 21 million involved when Danny doesnt and there is signiifcantly more involved?

Danny shouldn't be making football decisions or any promises re: scheme. If he did, the player should be smart enough to realize that any coach might change that at any time.

Again, if AH wanted to run away from the 3-4 he had that opportunity 2.5 months ago. He sold out and thus owes the Redskins more than just demanding a trade. Things change over the course of a seven-year contract. Not many teams have the same offensive and/or defensive coordinators they did 7 years ago. So, to sign a contract and think the current regime would still be in power is pretty naive. As a player in the NFL, you have to be willing to do what the coaches ask you to do.

Well, it can't really be both ways, can it?

He's in the wrong for how he's handled disagreeing with the Redskins' direction. If you want to argue that it's OK for him not to agree with the organization, I guess that's fine, but irrelevant. I'm sure half the players on the team have a gripe with what coaching does from time to time. The issue MOST on here have is how he's handling that (which you agree is wrong).

No what I am saying is that its wrong for him to hold out now, but its also on the team for how this entire debacle was started and handled.

TD, why do we expect Albert to keep his word when there is 21 million involved when Danny doesnt and there is signiifcantly more involved?

Read that out loud to yourself and if you still think is a viable point, I really pity you and anyone whom has the misfortune of being assciated with you.

Bro, in all fairness this is the mark with the tealeafers. They very seldom tell you exactly whats going to happen. You never know who's lurking in these boards.

I understand, but some of the stuff he was saying was ridiculous. I guess I was a little fired up because I spent so much time reading and thinking about all his posts during the draft because he was a so called insider.

And I do appreciate inside info from people like TK, and I understand why they can't say word for word what they've heard.

I heard something a few days ago about the Pats being interested in Cooley draft picks
I have heard a rumor dealing with Cooley being dealt, so I wouldnt be suprised
So this is who we are not drafting

Okung

Williams

Berry

Bradford

Trading back, it's going to happen

Danny shouldn't be making football decisions or any promises re: scheme. If he did, the player should be smart enough to realize that any coach might change that at any time.

Again, if AH wanted to run away from the 3-4 he had that opportunity 2.5 months ago. He sold out and thus owes the Redskins more than just demanding a trade. Things change over the course of a seven-year contract. Not many teams have the same offensive and/or defensive coordinators they did 7 years ago. So, to sign a contract and think the current regime would still be in power is pretty naive. As a player in the NFL, you have to be willing to do what the coaches ask you to do.

simply put, we dont know what was said and done behind the scenes but anyone who follows the skins knows how involved Danny has been in the past.

I completely agree that as a NORMAL player you have to be willing to do what they ask,ALBERT IS NOT A NORMAL PLAYER BUT IF YOU WERE BROUGHT IN TO COACH THE TITANS AND TOLD jOHNSON HE IS NOW A LEAD BLOCKER OR A PASS CATCHER YOU WOULD BE LAUGHED AT.

No what I am saying is that its wrong for him to hold out now, but its also on the team for how this entire debacle was started and handled.

Yeah, I will give you that. Dan Snyder should not have been making any guarantees to any players. But, in all fairness, even if that conversation never took place, something tells me AH would be citing another reason for his hold out right now. I guess that's unfair of me, but it's just how I feel.

simply put, we dont know what was said and done behind the scenes but anyone who follows the skins knows how involved Danny has been in the past.

I completely agree that as a NORMAL player you have to be willing to do what they ask,ALBERT IS NOT A NORMAL PLAYER BUT IF YOU WERE BROUGHT IN TO COACH THE TITANS AND TOLD jOHNSON HE IS NOW A LEAD BLOCKER OR A PASS CATCHER YOU WOULD BE LAUGHED AT.

Yeah, I think we're agreeing that Snyder erred first, but now Haynesworth is handling the situation horribly.

I understand, but some of the stuff he was saying was ridiculous. I guess I was a little fired up because I spent so much time reading and thinking about all his posts during the draft because he was a so called insider.

And I do appreciate inside info from people like TK, and I understand why they can't say word for word what they've heard.

Not everything I post is something that I hear unless I say it is, like that last post you have me quoted.

Read that out loud to yourself and if you still think is a viable point, I really pity you and anyone whom has the misfortune of being assciated with you.

was there a point to that?

I keep my word, my point is that Danny broke his word to Albert first, I would assume that after that all bets were off.

That is a bit harsh isnt it? Why the personal attack? He is expressing his opinion.

You're right. We don't know what went on.

So, any notion that Danny promised AH a 4-3 with unlimited roaming for 7 years is just complete bull****.

I haven't heard AH say he was given an implicit assurance he'd be able to "do his thing" in the defense - his press release the other day basically said he knew best how AH should be used, and he knew that Haslett and Shanahan wouldn't be using him that way, without even showing up to see how they intend to use him.

If there was an ownership/FO error in judgment it was probably in spending this amount of money on someone who is clearly not a team player.

my point is that Danny broke his word to Albert first, I would assume that after that all bets were off.

There is NO WAY you know that Daniel Snyder promised Haynesworth ANYTHING about how he would be used.

Even you concede that:

The fact is, it stretches credulity to think that Dan Snyder would dictate what type of defense his team would play.

Mass- its never been argued that Haynesworth wasnt promised a scheme, thats been documented and admitted to. what we dont know was what did shanny promise to keep him happy since then? something tells me that they must have said something (like no NT then reneged)

TD- perhaps, I am on the other side of the fence on that one, I think Alberts ego is so huge that he was gonna blow up because he wants to be known as the best DT ever. ego works both ways lol trust me I know.

There is NO WAY you know that Daniel Snyder promised Haynesworth ANYTHING about how he would be used.

Even you concede that:

The fact is, it stretches credulity to think that Dan Snyder would dictate what type of defense his team would play.

Have you been follwing this at all? Its never been disputed that a mjor reason Al came here was the assurance he was given that he would be unleashed.

and Dan Snyder holds the reins, period,

Archived