Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going against the Mob, somewhat in support of Haynesworth

Ryman of the North

I find it funny that the same AH haters post the same drivel over and over.

Shannahan dropped the ball yet again, AH had a serious condition that was underplayed by Shannahan and he got called out for it. I notice noone is posting the quotes from players who supported AH and thought the team has been making a mistake with the way the way our "real coach" has handled this.

AH had a point btw, if he did have that illness its pretty amazing he played at all let alone 9 series. and you dont play a 9 year pro bowl vet in the third Q of a loss, thats coaching 101 basics right there.

feel free to flame away but all I have seen this preseason is that everything I have said is happeneing, the defence sucks, some players will say otherwise but given who signs their cheques and the fact that they dont have 21 mil in screw you money means they toe the line. AH was willing to compromise and has shown up 30 pounds lighter but nothing he does will satisfy the whiners on here.

Shannahan dropped the ball yet again, AH had a serious condition that was underplayed by Shannahan and he got called out for it.

A condition for which there has actually been no medical diagnosis and, even if he did have it, was brought on by his lack of proper fitness.

A condition for which there has actually been no medical diagnosis and, even if he did have it, was brought on by his lack of proper fitness.

Hmm AH deals with the skins Doctors who held him out of practice, even shannahan didnt say anything for quite a while until he started downplaying it as dehydration and headaches. I somehow doubt that Lazybones Haynesworth came up with rambyblah blahosis on his own. but carry on bashing him, its become de rigeur around here to post before even thinking.

Hmm AH deals with the skins Doctors who held him out of practice, even shannahan didnt say anything for quite a while until he started downplaying it as dehydration and headaches. I somehow doubt that Lazybones Haynesworth came up with rambyblah blahosis on his own. but carry on bashing him, its become de rigeur around here to post before even thinking.

The guy was dizzy, queasy and had swelling. Yeah, let's assume it was rhabdomyolysis because those can't possibly be symptoms for 1,000 different things. Haynesworth didn't come up with this, it was J-Load and PFT saying "league sources" were saying this.

Now, let's say he did have this condition. It would be brought on by his lazy ass showing up out-of-shape. This condition is developed by people who are in bombings, not athletes. I don't understand how you can continue to defend this sweltering turd of a human being.

By the way, you know what another external cause can be? Intoxication.

feel free to flame away but all I have seen this preseason is that everything I have said is happeneing, the defence sucks, some players will say otherwise but given who signs their cheques and the fact that they dont have 21 mil in screw you money means they toe the line. AH was willing to compromise and has shown up 30 pounds lighter but nothing he does will satisfy the whiners on here.

Que?

Save for a bad opening series against Buffalo the starting D has been stout. This is just your opinion to service your agenda correct?

You were wrong and still are wrong, but no worries, go find some sand and stick your head in it.

This is truly a sad thread...almost ashamed to be Canadian Ryman! He takes no responsibility for his actions and constantly lays blame on everyone else. I've coached for 20 years and always told my players that excuses are for LOSERS. He is one big fat lazy loser in my book. Grow up and play the game Albert and shut your mouth because your making a fool of yourself!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5484153

A Redskins official told ESPN that the team is unaware that Haynesworth has this condition.

"You see the condition with people who aren't used to working out in the heat," Dr. Tyler Cooper of the Cooper Aerobics Center in Dallas told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley. "It can be very dangerous and it's usually caused by an isolated event."

"Rhabdomyolysis is basically a condition in which you have extensive muscle breakdown," Dr. Lynne P. Yao, chairman-elect of the National Kidney Foundation, told The Washington Post. "It doesn't happen as often in well-conditioned athletes, but if there's really extreme circumstances -- like extremely hot weather -- than that could happen. When you have large amounts of muscle breakdown."

No matter how you slice it, Ryman- AH doesn't like to stay in shape. He's causing these problems for himself by not working out and the first quote above in green means the team doctors didn't keep him out of practice because they diagnosed Rhabdolamadingdong. I suspect AH's spin doctors did.

Que?

Save for a bad opening series against Buffalo the starting D has been stout. This is just your opinion to service your agenda correct?

Seriously. Held a possible Superbowl contending team to 3 pts sans a BS fake punt. They've already created 2 turnovers in 3 qtrs. All this has been done without Al, and using a vanilla scheme.

You were wrong and still are wrong, but no worries, go find some sand and stick your head in it.

+1

Seriously. Held a possible Superbowl contending team to 3 pts sans a BS fake punt. They've already created 2 turnovers in 3 qtrs. All this has been done without Al, and using a vanilla scheme.

Not to mention Orakpo and others getting held just about every single play.

Like it or not, AH has worn out his welcome. Even if he could perform at his Pro Bowl level again, it won't be acceptable. Most would prefer a good utility man to take over his role as back-up. The bottom line: We need the depth on the DL so we either cut him or keep him. If we keep him, expect more of the same from the media dogging the situation. if we cut him, then he is just another player to add to the list of Snyderrato pay check mongers.

You're a funny person Ryman.

You want to be the person to think outside the box but your logics are terribly flawed.

On this particular subject his logic is absolutely flawed. If AH had no history of being a problem before he came to DC then Ryman might have had a point. however, it's more of the same and even worse because the coaching staff won't enable his lazy ways.

You're a funny person Ryman.

You want to be the person to think outside the box but your logics are terribly flawed.

There's only room for one man to talk total crazy tal ..... uhmmm, "think outside the box" on here; and this place aint' big enough for two Oldfans.

*Winks knowingly at Of if he happen's by this post.

Hail.

Que?

bufallo had 8 ypc with an oline that wouldnt be good in the UFL, two of our proposed starters look like fish out of water and our best Dlineman has been demonised despite coming in at 30 pounds lighter. how exactly has our defence been stout?

I am laughing when I read people attacking me personally for simply reading and then using my brain, perhaps more of them should try it, the forum would be a far better place with less vitriolic idiocy.

On this particular subject his logic is absolutely flawed. If AH had no history of being a problem before he came to DC then Ryman might have had a point. however, it's more of the same and even worse because the coaching staff won't enable his lazy ways.

plenty of players have a history of being asshats, but if we are going to talk about history...

AH has a history of being fragile but he also has a history of playing hurt.

AH is a headcase, most star players are, but most HC's will tell you its how you deal with the nuts that shows if you are HOF material or not.

Mike Shannahan has a history of being vindictive towards players he doesnt like yet the anti AH people tend to overlook that.

Mike shannahna has a history of having terrible defences.

Andre carter has a history of being a terrible 3-4 olb yet people are still saying " its just preseason"

teams that switch to a 3-4 only adding a few marginal players have a history of failing. (we are now one of them yet again people say "its just preseason")

Haslett has a history of fielding mediocre defences.

Mcnabb has a history of being just good enough to get you beat in the playoffs yet suddenly because hes wearing burgundy im supposed to jump on the bandwagon, maybe if he leads us to the playoffs but thus far he hasnt shown that sort of elite talent..

so if we are gonna talk history....

plenty of players have a history of being asshats, but if we are going to talk about history...

AH has a history of being fragile but he also has a history of playing hurt.

AH is a headcase, most star players are, but most HC's will tell you its how you deal with the nuts that shows if you are HOF material or not.

Mike Shannahan has a history of being vindictive towards players he doesnt like yet the anti AH people tend to overlook that.

My reply is in this article. It truly addresses your entire Shannahan argument with substance and cites specific cases related to this issue.

Mike shannahna has a history of having terrible defences.

...that went to Super Bowls.

Andre carter has a history of being a terrible 3-4 olb yet people are still saying " its just preseason"

teams that switch to a 3-4 only adding a few marginal players have a history of failing. (we are now one of them yet again people say "its just preseason")

Haslett has a history of fielding mediocre defences.

Mcnabb has a history of being just good enough to get you beat in the playoffs yet suddenly because hes wearing burgundy im supposed to jump on the bandwagon, maybe if he leads us to the playoffs but thus far he hasnt shown that sort of elite talent..

so if we are gonna talk history....

No arguments at all with these totally irrelevant points. We're talking about Albert Haynesworth in this thread that you posted and titled. :)

"Players he doesn't like," or players who refuse to buy into the team concept? This is not about Shanahan disagreeing with a player on politics or musical tastes. I'm sure there are a few guys on the roster Shanny might not like personally, but he doesn’t single them out because they put in the work that’s expected of them. It’s no mystery why Portis is working harder than ever this year. He knew Shanny’s deal from his time with him in Denver, and that he’d have to work if he wanted to be a part of the 2010 Redskins.

Sally Jenkins is brutal quoting one of her articles is not really proof of anything. and Chachie Shannahan took a team that someone else built and won 2 superbowls, he also had some truly bad years and his terrible defences were a part of that. I dont see elway on this team.

I can see someone taking a fully-built team and winning one Super Bowl despite being somehow not good enough, but two? Come on, dude! Two Super Bowls.

I can tell from what post history I have read from you that you're not one to change your mind, which is fine. I think you are a-ok, Rymes. On this subject though (Albert Haynesworth) you are ignoring the blatant. He is not someone who wants to be part of a program. He's not someone who wants to be held to any kind of standard in work ethic or conditioning. That obviously didn't hold him back for the first 6-7 years of his career which is awesome but now that he's getting on in age, it will crush his performance as seen last season (lying on the field having heart attacks and lungs collapsing in the early 3rd quarter) and this preseason (again being walked off the field after only 19 plays.) He simply cannot hold up anymore without being in better shape. His coach wants him in pro football shape. That's not too much to ask but Albert is taking any way possible to not fulfill that minimal requirement.

I happen to agree with you that our defense will suffer this season due to growing pains from the transition to 3-4. I also have never been impressed by Jim Haslett. However, those are points I'll support in other threads where they belong. In this thread you are being continuously shown up by Albert himself. The other players are buying in and no matter what AH thinks Shanny is up to, it's pretty clear he's only expecting from Albert what he has gotten from all the other guys on the team.

And for the record, I don't believe Albert has rhabdoblabbablabba at all. If he did I think it would have been diagnosed a loooong time ago by either NFL doctors or other doctors. It's BS. However if I'm proven wrong, at least I'll own up to it. ;)

No i think reeves had a lot to do with building that team as well.
Re-HE-heally?

Let's go through the 1997 Denver Broncos starting roster (and the year they joined the Broncos):

QB: Elway (83 Draft - Dan Reeves)

RB: Davis (95 Draft)

FB: Griffith (97 FA)

WR: McCaffrey (95 FA)

WR: Smith (94 Draft - Wade Phillips)

LT: Zimmerman (93 FA - Wade Phillips)

LG: Schlereth (95 FA)

C: Nalen (94 Draft - Wade Phillips)

RG: Habib (93 FA - Wade Phillips)

RT: Jones (97 FA)

TE: Sharpe (90 Draft - Dan Reeves)

LE: Smith (97 FA)

DT:Traylor (97 FA - technically drafted by Reeves in 91, but played for 3 other teams before returning back as a FA)

DT: Tanuvasa (95 FA)

RE: Williams (96 FA)

OLB: Mobley (96 Draft)

MLB: Aldridge (94 Draft - Wade Phillips)

OLB: Romanowski (96 FA)

CB: Crockett (94 FA - Wade Phillips)

CB: Gordon (97 FA)

SS: Braxton (95 FA- originally drafted by Reeves in 87, played one season in Miami in 94)

FS: A****er (89 Draft - Dan Reeves)

Of the 1997 Super Bowl winning team, 3 players were drafted by Reeves, 6 were drafted or aquired by Phillips, and 13 were drafted or aquired by Shanahan.

Two thoughts:

1. Mail Wade Phillips a SB XXXII ring! Man basically handed Shanahan a team!:silly:

2. Look at all those FA.

Still think that Shanahan inherited the team that won the Super Bowls?

Archived