Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should executions be public?

Bliz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I say let our gladiator stuff be in a cage/ring. So that it IS about entertainment AND sport. Very controlled entertainment that has rules in place.

I'm not necessarily against the death penalty, or for it, really... But... Watching an execution is a bit over the top for me.

We have a template to follow ;)

cddSJnUvKyI

And no I am not for public executions.

Who remembers the "Faces of Death" videos. If I recall, didn't they use to show actual footage of executions, or were they fakes? I was only about 12 or 13 when I saw one over at a friends house, so I assumed they were real.

some of it is real, but a lot of it is fake.

I disagree. We can decide to remove people from our midst if they've offended so egregiously.

I see nothing barbaric about it.

~Bang

Then it should be public.:cool:

yes. people should openly face the direct consequences of their rhetoric.

I agree.

some of it is real, but a lot of it is fake.

There are snuff films on-line. Everything is online....

No. Death is an overrated thing to witness. And it isn't like watching a game so it's not entertainment.

It's not supposed to be entertainment. It's not supposed to be cool, fun or funny. Quite the opposite. It's supposed to be horrifying.

Poll added (but accidentally made it private). Oh well...

:pfft:

No. It would become a source of entertainment, I think.

Now that I think about it how about the condemned running for their lives with hired exectutioners hunting them down on live TV? Or climbing for Dollars.:pfft:

No it shouldn't. We're not barbarians.

~Bang

We're not wusses either.

But if we could deport all murderers to the prison in Peru that Vandersloot is going to be in to serve Life, and livestream their existence there back to the states, I can be cool with that.

I like to think the human race has evolved beyond the glory of putting gladiators in a large arena and hanging christians upside down on crossess for our vewing pleasure. But I'm continually proven wrong, wouldn't surpirse me if other disagreed with me on this.

IMO, if the victims family, relatives, and close friends want to withness the final conclusion to this man's life, I support them.

However, I don't think others need to be aournd to see this, it's not some type of Barnum and Bailey's show. I think public executions are not serving the purpose of executions. So my answer is no.

We're not wusses either.

But if we could deport all murderers to the prison in Peru that Vandersloot is going to be in to serve Life, and livestream their existence there back to the states, I can be cool with that.

Dead is dead is dead is DEAD.

Is your manhood threatened by how the dead criminal becomes dead? Is he going to laugh at you for killing him in such a pansy manner? I don't understand how killing someone one way or another makes one a wuss or not.

The death penalty is not a deterrent. It never has been. If it was, murder would be a thing of the past, but it's not, not even in countries that employ more grisly methods of execution for even lesser crimes. (For example, people still smuggle drugs into China, even though defendants are almost always found guilty with barely a defense and the highest sentece is generally imposed.. and the death penalty is carried out minutes after sentence is pronounced.. There is no appeal, they march them out the door and shoot them in the head... but people still do it.)

It is not a tool of vengeance for us to derive pleasure.

It is a cleanser. As it's name implies, it's the ultimate penalty for the worst of crimes. And that's it. To pretend it will ever be anything else is not very realistic. We should not be proud of having to do it. It is in every sense of the words; a necessary evil.

~Bang

Absolutely not. What is the purpose? To desensitize people to death and the horror of seeing it? Why would we take ourselves down to, at best, the level of the person who murdered, where we essentially put on public shows of executions for sport? Yes, I know nobody would admit that is what it would be, but that is what it would end up being. Would anyone want their kids growing growing up being able to watch that on tv?

Archived