Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

E3 2010

ACW

I'm sorry Sony but the psp is dead..no matter who you get for the ad campaign.

As I said before I am not portable gaming fan, but I lke the quality and graphics of the PSP, though the 3DS looks like some good technology, nintendo usually does a god job of making fun simple games. That said I like Sony so far, 3D (I jus tneed a new TV now) and the Move has a good line up (Tiger Woods FTW)

As I said before I am not portable gaming fan, but I lke the quality and graphics of the PSP, though the 3DS looks like some good technology, nintendo usually does a god job of making fun simple games. That said I like Sony so far, 3D (I jus tneed a new TV now) and the Move has a good line up (Tiger Woods FTW)

The problem with the psp wasn't the graphics..those were solid. The problem for me were in the load times. I guess that was fixed by the psp go but then you're asking someone to shell out money for another system so that you can install games to make them run a little faster.

As for move, I came with with little or no expectations and someone intersted in several of those titles. The control looks fluid and the price point is not too bad either.

The problem with the psp wasn't the graphics..those were solid. The problem for me were in the load times. I guess that was fixed by the psp go but then you're asking someone to shell out money for another system so that you can install games to make them run a little faster.

The PSP Go seemed to be a headscratcher for a lot of people, with the lack of a UMD drive and not significantly cheaper than a PSP. Given the spiel today, it sounds like they treat the PSP as an accessory to a PS3. A rather expensive one.

As for move, I came with with little or no expectations and someone intersted in several of those titles. The control looks fluid and the price point is not too bad either.

I did see the prices. $99 for the base set (camera, wand, game), $50 for a controller and $30 for an analog controller (Sounds like the equivalent of the nunchuk). That sounds about right. The problem is finding games good enough to encourage people that shelling out a $100 for a controller is worth it.

One thing I like about Nintendo is that they make developers design for whatever the unique aspect of their system is. The Wii revolves around its remote, the DS revolves around the touch screen, and the 3DS revolves around the 3D capability. I'm doubtful that Microsoft's and Sony's new motion offerings will be half as successful in encouraging quality games, and not just gimmicky ones.

One thing I like about Nintendo is that they make developers design for whatever the unique aspect of their system is. The Wii revolves around its remote, the DS revolves around the touch screen, and the 3DS revolves around the 3D capability. I'm doubtful that Microsoft's and Sony's new motion offerings will be half as successful in encouraging quality games, and not just gimmicky ones.

What?

I don't have any problem with Nintendo but the Wii is king of the shovelware. Outside of the Mario/Zelda/Metroid games 90% of the titles are pure garbage.

I see what he's saying, in the sense that Nintendo does a good job of supporting their innovations. Many wrote off the dual screens/touch-screen/motion controls as gimmicky nonsense, but they supported it with good software and it paid off. I doubt that MS or Sony will be able to pull off their new motion peripherals as well.

But yeah, Nintendo doesn't "make" developers to anything. A lot of 3rd party software for the Wii is just embarassing. If Nintendo didn't develop quality software in-house, then the system would be a disaster.

What?

I don't have any problem with Nintendo but the Wii is king of the shovelware. Outside of the Mario/Zelda/Metroid games 90% of the titles are pure garbage.

Nintendo makes the hardware, but then makes launch software to go with it to show people how to properly use their innovation. They can't prevent third parties from making shovelware, but Nintendo as a Developer and Publisher makes sure to support their hardware with great sorftware, whereas Microsoft and Sony lack that homerun-hitting first-party support.

Nintendo makes the hardware, but then makes launch software to go with it to show people how to properly use their innovation. They can't prevent third parties from making shovelware, but Nintendo as a Developer and Publisher makes sure to support their hardware with great sorftware, whereas Microsoft and Sony lack that homerun-hitting first-party support.

Things do seem to be improving somewhat on that front, tho the numbers aren't to the degree that they have with their competitors. I do wonder with the other consoles getting into motion controls if that will improve the selection further.

Things do seem to be improving somewhat on that front, tho the numbers aren't to the degree that they have with their competitors. I do wonder with the other consoles getting into motion controls if that will improve the selection further.

Hopefully the shovelware makers will decide the shovelware market has been sucked dry on the Wii and flood the 360 and PS3 with shovelware. :)

Kirby Epic yarn dlc is titled thread the needle

the sequel will be called throw blanket

nintendo makes some horrific **** for games haha.

I am actually looking forward to the new donkey kong, we'll see how golden eye catches on, but still the wii controller is such a turn off for FPS.

All i'm gonna say is Stars Wars: The Old Republic.

What about SCEA?

Ocarina of Time 3DS. Hell yes.

I don't see why the greatest Nintendo games of all time aren't available to purchase for any system Nintendo makes. Especially now with the Wiiware format, it'd be so easy to get a game like OOT on the DS. People would still buy it, even though they've beaten it on 2-3 other systems. I think it would be awesome if Nintendo would release an OOT with any of the tiny imperfections fixed, and maybe some added content.

I don't see why the greatest Nintendo games of all time aren't available to purchase for any system Nintendo makes. Especially now with the Wiiware format, it'd be so easy to get a game like OOT on the DS. People would still buy it, even though they've beaten it on 2-3 other systems. I think it would be awesome if Nintendo would release an OOT with any of the tiny imperfections fixed, and maybe some added content.

If you look actually look at the picture, you'll see that Link's model is definitely improved. the DS is sub N64 graphics, isn't it? OoT 3DS looks like it is doing a good job making it look better. I'm guessing they spent a lot of time updating it. I agree that I'd love to see it come to Wiiware in the upgraded form.

If you look actually look at the picture, you'll see that Link's model is definitely improved. the DS is sub N64 graphics, isn't it? OoT 3DS looks like it is doing a good job making it look better. I'm guessing they spent a lot of time updating it. I agree that I'd love to see it come to Wiiware in the upgraded form.

I don't remember those lighting effects (I doubt the beams of light would be circular if they were in the game), plus everything looks a lot smoother. Everything was a lot blockier on N64. Apparently it might not be planned for release according to what I'm reading. Definitely looks like they designed it for 3d though.

media?id=3822755

I don't remember those lighting effects (I doubt the beams of light would be circular if they were in the game), plus everything looks a lot smoother. Everything was a lot blockier on N64. Apparently it might not be planned for release according to what I'm reading. Definitely looks like they designed it for 3d though.

Its now been absolutely confirmed via Nintendo twitter:

Zelda fans, one more thing... We're proud to introduce The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D!

Archived