Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

E3 2010

ACW

Yeah, I really wonder if the excitement is really there for that with everything that came before.

Epic Mickey is a game I'm looking forward to and it looks pretty good.

just yesterday, my brother was telling me that Nintendo needs to bring Goldeneye to the Wii and update it. He's not a very big gamer, but he was so excited to here the news.

Nintendo's presser so far: "Hey remember how much fun you had with this old game...buy the update."

Isn't that the way of Nintendo historically? Typically, they have their franchises and they promote the hell out of them. I don't know if there are too many new franchises which they have created in recent years, other than the Mii games.

I the only one who wants Bulletstorm? :(

Nah, but sadly the video you posted was the first one that I've seen about. I am surprised that there hasn't been more news on it.

Nintendo is putting on a hell of a show. Good presser.

Isn't that the way of Nintendo historically? Typically, they have their franchises and they promote the hell out of them. I don't know if there are too many new franchises which they have created in recent years, other than the Mii games.

Oh i didn't mean that in a negative fashion. My co worker bust in my office and said that but we are still impressed that they are able to generate interest in these old titles and characters.

Nah, but sadly the video you posted was the first one that I've seen about. I am surprised that there hasn't been more news on it.

GI has a cover story on it a couple of months ago. Personally I ignored it because it isn't my type of game.

Oh i didn't mean that in a negative fashion. My co worker bust in my office and said that but we are still impressed that they are able to generate interest in these old titles and characters.

There is always a new generation to introduce these characters to. I know my son is starting to become aware of Mario...

GI has a cover story on it a couple of months ago. Personally I ignored it because it isn't my type of game.
I'm not usually one for FPS (SO many), but this looks SO fun.

Skyward Sword? Odd name...

EDIT: Though that's probably what Link wants to show Zelda :evilg:

Wow, that has to be the best E3 conference I have ever seen. I think this quote from Steven Totilo sums it up:

"that's a wrap. gee, good luck Sony...."

Definitely pooped all over the MS conference and Kinect.

Wow, that has to be the best E3 conference I have ever seen. I think this quote from Steven Totilo sums it up:

Definitely :censored: all over the MS conference and Kinect.

:secret: Might wanna edit that there dude.

Definitely shat all over the MS conference and Kinect.

Can you recap what was so great about it?

Can't watch it live, but the 3DS sounds intriguing. How in the world does it work?

I'm surprised to hear that people haven't been impressed with Nintendo. I found many of their gamecube efforts to be boring, but they've struck gold with the Wii. The Mario franchise in particular is on a real roll. I am currently playing through Galaxy 2 with my son and having a blast.

The last Zelda was solid, but could have been better. Hopefully the new motion plus thing will be cool.

Can't watch it live, but the 3DS sounds intriguing. How in the world does it work?

I'm surprised to hear that people haven't been impressed with Nintendo. I found many of their gamecube efforts to be boring, but they've struck gold with the Wii. The Mario franchise in particular is on a real roll. I am currently playing through Galaxy 2 with my son and having a blast.

The last Zelda was solid, but could have been better. Hopefully the new motion plus thing will be cool.

Well I shouldn't really even consider myself a real gamer anymore,since I don't really play that many games anymore, I am more a technology junkie. But Wii is a last gen console with a revolutionary controller. When you have games that are best served with a traditional controller then I am more likely to play on a newer console (360/PS3). Don't get me wrong, Sony and M$ can't touch the Wii sports experience (which imo still one of the best Wii titles), but some other titles, which have big names like Golden Eye, I'd rather play 360/ps3.

Also I missed the beginning of the presser.. did they even say anyhting about the Nintendo Wii Vitality Sensor?

Well I shouldn't really even consider myself a real gamer anymore,since I don't really play that many games anymore, I am more a technology junkie. But Wii is a last gen console with a revolutionary controller. When you have games that are best served with a traditional controller then I am more likely to play on a newer console (360/PS3). Don't get me wrong, Sony and M$ can't touch the Wii sports experience (which imo still one of the best Wii titles), but some other titles, which have big names like Golden Eye, I'd rather play 360/ps3.

Also I missed the beginning of the presser.. did they even say anyhting about the Nintendo Wii Vitality Sensor?

The Wii's controller is perfect for First Person Shooters.

Given the trouble those companies are having making money on the next gen console, I think it probably was a smart move on Nintendo's part. Had they not gone their own way, they may have had a similar fate to Sega.

I also think they fill a niche that the other two consoles don't cater to: the casual-to-non gamer. Yeah, if you are a hard core gamer, you probably aren't going to want a Wii, but as a console the whole family can enjoy together, the Wii fits the bill better than any other console.

Not that I saw...

The Wii's controller is perfect for First Person Shooters.

Personal preference, I don't want to be pointing at the screen the whole time, I want to kick back and relax on my couch. Nintendo even says they get the gamer off the couch... I want to sit down damn it :D.

Btw a computer gamer will say a keyboard and mouse is perfect for shooter.

Can you recap what was so great about it?

Better graphics in 2D or 3D, 3D without glasses on high resolution widescreen, analogue stick, touch screen, gyroscope and motion controls, 3D camera built-in, compatible with all DS and DSi games, always on WiFi, 3D movie distribution in the works, 3D Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Saints Row, and Kingdom Hearts games in the works, etc..., etc... and that's just for 3DS.

The conference was great overall because they had a few demos and announced A TON of games. No downtime or boring speeches.

Personal preference, I don't want to be pointing at the screen the whole time, I want to kick back and relax on my couch. Nintendo even says they get the gamer off the couch... I want to sit down damn it :D.

Btw a computer gamer will say a keyboard and mouse is perfect for shooter.

Don't know if you've every played a FPS on the wii, but you don't exactly "point at the screen". You rest your arm on your knee and twist your wrist much like you would with a mouse.

Side note: M&K is too accurate, if you ask me. You shouldn't be pin-pointing people in the head with a pistol on a twitch from a mile away.

Archived