Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

E3 2010

ACW

Better graphics in 2D or 3D, 3D without glasses on high resolution widescreen, analogue stick, touch screen, gyroscope and motion controls, 3D camera built-in, compatible with all DS and DSi games, always on WiFi, 3D movie distribution in the works, 3D Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Saints Row, and Kingdom Hearts games in the works, etc..., etc... and that's just for 3DS.

The conference was great overall because they had a few demos and announced A TON of games. No downtime or boring speeches.

You forgot to mention the 3DS is more powerful than a gamecube.

Given the trouble those companies are having making money on the next gen console, I think it probably was a smart move on Nintendo's part. Had they not gone their own way, they may have had a similar fate to Sega.

I also think they fill a niche that the other two consoles don't cater to: the casual-to-non gamer. Yeah, if you are a hard core gamer, you probably aren't going to want a Wii, but as a console the whole family can enjoy together, the Wii fits the bill better than any other console.

Not that I saw...

By the way I totally understand Nintendo's niche in the market, and they are making a killing. That is why M$ is trying to get into that market. But also understand that I am not that market. And names alone are not going to make me want to buy a game. I am sure I am going to get killed for saying this... Names like Kirby and Donkey Kong people automatically want to buy (and for good reason the developers have been solid and tweak into good game play). And these games are great for some people, but I am not intrested in a side scroller genre, had enough of that in the 80s and 90s (although wouldn't mind trying LBP).

first impressions of the 3DS hands-on: http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098014p1.html

"Trust me, you really have to see this thing in person to understand why I'm incredibly impressed. Nintendo is using an LCD technology that sends each eye an independent image that the brain merges together, and the effect adds depth. A lot of depth. The effect is immediately obvious, yet seems so natural. And there are multiple sweet spots, so you don't have to awkwardly hold the system in a position that doesn't feel comfortable. If you twist the system you'll get double images and lose the 3D, but it's simple to keep the stereoscopic effect within view. "

Archived