Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CM: Police: Girl raped, then relocated (Updated in Post #99)

China

Police: Girl raped, then relocated

13 years later, suspect arrested

After being raped and impregnated by a fellow churchgoer more than twice her age, a 15-year-old Concord girl was forced by Trinity Baptist Church leaders to stand before the congregation to apologize before they helped whisk her out of state, according to the police.

While her pastor, Chuck Phelps, reported the alleged rape in 1997 to state youth officials, Concord police detectives were never able to find the victim. The victim said she was sent to another church member's home in Colorado, where she was home-schooled and not allowed to have contact with others her age. It wasn't until this past February that the victim, who is now 28, decided to come forward after reading about other similar cases, realizing for the first time it wasn't her fault that she had been raped, she told the police.

The police arrested Ernest Willis, 51, of Gilford, last week in connection with the case, accusing him of raping the girl twice - once in the back seat of a car he was teaching her to drive in and again after showing up at her Concord home while her parents were away. He was charged with four felonies - two counts of rape and two counts of having sex with a minor, court records show.

The victim said she came forward after getting in touch with Jocelyn Zichterman, who runs an online group for victims of church abuse.

In a seven-page statement to the police, the victim recounted the moments leading up to her departure from New Hampshire.

At 14, she began babysitting for Willis, a well-known member of the church. She told the police she would often stay the night if he got home late.

Just over a year later, he offered to give her driving lessons. While in the parking lot of a Concord business, Willis asked her to pull over to switch seats, she told the police.

But instead he pulled her into the backseat and raped her, according to a statement to the police.

In the summer of 1997, Willis raped her again, this time while at her home while her mother was out, according to police records.

"I was completely in shock, but too scared to go and tell anyone because I thought I would get blamed for what happened," she said.

Over the next few months, the girl became suspicious she was pregnant. She called Willis, who brought over a pregnancy test that came up positive, she told the police.

"He asked me if I wanted him to take me to a neighboring state where underage abortions were legal . . . and he would pay for an abortion," she told the police. "He then asked me if I wanted him to punch me in the stomach as hard as he could because that might cause a miscarriage."

She declined both.

'Church discipline'

The victim told her mother about the pregnancy. Soon after, Phelps was also alerted.

The victim said Phelps told her she would be put up for "church discipline," where parishioners go before the congregation to apologize for their sins.

She asked why. "Pastor Phelps then said that (Willis) may have been 99 percent responsible, but I needed to confess my 1 percent guilt in the situation," the victim told the police.

"He told me that I should be happy that I didn't live in Old Testament times because I would have been stoned."

Click on the link for the full article

Typical Christiany. It is a religion of child rape. Maybe that's how Mary got pregnant to begin with.

Dude. You are one sick, twisted piece of work.

You think that's typical of Christianity? And Israel "loves killing people". Well damn. What do you think of Muslims? They must all be terrorists too, right?

Typical Christiany. It is a religion of child rape. Maybe that's how Mary got pregnant to begin with.

Completely uncalled for.

The actions of one congregation can't speak for the other 1 billion plus followers.

You've got a lot of nerve using a blanket statement like that.

Anyway, what this congregation did is reprehensible and they will all have to answer for it when they breathe their last.

Dude. You are one sick, twisted piece of work.

You think that's typical of Christianity? And Israel "loves killing people". Well damn. What do you think of Muslims? They must all be terrorists too, right?

Pretty harsh man...
Completely uncalled for.

The actions of one congregation can't speak for the other 1 billion plus followers.

You've got a lot of nerve using a blanket statement like that.

Anyway, what this congregation did is reprehensible and they will all have to answer for it when the breathe their last.

SoCal i am christian and that remark was totally full of BS, stop generalizing everyone for a few morons

I'm guessing that SoCal was making a sarcastic point about the manner in which so many Tailgaters talk about Muslims in thread after thread.

If so, it was a pretty effective zing.

However, if he really believes what he wrote, then :wtf:

I'm guessing that SoCal was making a sarcastic point about how many Tailgaters talk about Muslims in thread after thread.

I will concede to that since posters say some unforgivable things about Muslims (all of which are uncalled for).

Let's just hope that's it.

I'm guessing that SoCal was making a sarcastic point about the manner in which so many Tailgaters talk about Muslims in thread after thread.

Then what was his motivation for stating that Israel "loves to kill people"?

At this point I'm more likely to believe he has tourette syndrome than he was making a "zinger".

Then what was his motivation for stating that Israel "loves to kill people"?

At this point I'm more likely to believe he has tourette syndrome than he was making a "zinger".

Israel does love to kill people. They do it often and without regard for international law and morality. Why don't you discuss that comment within the thread it was made in.

Israel does love to kill people. They do it often and without regard for international law and morality. Why don't you discuss that comment within the thread it was made in.

OK. I'll meet you over there and you can explain what your above statement says about muslims. :rolleyes:

They are equally worthless in their views, like all other religions.

Ah yes, but are all or most Muslims terrorists because some of them are?

After all you believe it's child rape is typical of Christianity because some have committed that crime. And you believe all Israelis "love to kill people" because some have. You must think all Muslims are complete monsters because some commit terrorism. No?

kingjr4.JPG

SoCal probably thinks Dr. King is plotting how to abuse a child in this picture.

Right? I mean, he was a Christian Minister; therefore he must be a child rapist.

Here's a clue: blanket statements, especially ones that encompass over one billion people world wide, usually don't hold any water.

Typical Christiany. It is a religion of child rape.

Whoa!!! Socalskins, So you also believe that the church like the boyscouts should not include gays and pedophiles to protect the children?

That is surprising coming from a person residing in a State like yours considering that a lot of followers of Islam out there have no problem with consummating marriages with girls a lot younger as Mohammed did with Aisha (he allegedly waited until she was 9 after he married her at age 6). :rolleyes:

I'll post the link of the speaker out there who said that.

Whoa!!! Socalskins, So you also believe that the church like the boyscouts should not include gays and pedophiles to protect the children?

That is surprising coming from a person residing in a State like yours considering that a lot of followers of Islam out there have no problem with consummating marriages with girls a lot younger as Mohammed did with Aisha (he allegedly waited until she was 9 after he married her at age 6). :rolleyes:

I'll post the link of the speaker out there who said that.

And here you have it. The perfect distillation of what SoCalSkins was talking about.

So many people get up in arms when SoCal said what he said, yet a huge percentage of the Tailgate sits silent when NavyDave and Company starts spouting their bile against Muslims. :whoknows:

And here you have it. The perfect distillation of what SoCalSkins was talking about.

So many people get up in arms when SoCal said what he said, yet a huge percentage of the Tailgate sits silent when NavyDave and Company starts spouting their bile against Muslims. :whoknows:

Really?

They are equally worthless in their views, like all other religions.

Is that really what he was talking about?

Archived