Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CM: Police: Girl raped, then relocated (Updated in Post #99)

China

Ah yes, but are all or most Muslims terrorists because some of them are?

After all you believe it's child rape is typical of Christianity because some have committed that crime. And you believe all Israelis "love to kill people" because some have. You must think all Muslims are complete monsters because some commit terrorism. No?

No, I simply think all religious people are idiots with respect to their beliefs.

Those who grew up in poverty and without education have an excuse.

Educated people in free societies do not.

No, I simply think all religious people are idiots with respect to their beliefs.

So once again:

Martin Luther King Jr.

John Locke

St. Thomas Aquinas

Mother Teresa

Mahatma Gandhi

Malcolm X

C.S. Lewis

As well as countless others...

Idiots. Is that what you're saying?

And here you have it. The perfect distillation of what SoCalSkins was talking about.

So many people get up in arms when SoCal said what he said, yet a huge percentage of the Tailgate sits silent when NavyDave and Company starts spouting their bile against Muslims. :whoknows:

Why do you defend SoCal and then jump all over NavyDave?

(and BTW, I HAVE called out ND for his anti-Muslim rants)

Really?

Is that really what he was talking about?

To an extent, but I was taking it a step further.

The amount of bashing of Islam, Scientology and Mormonism is laughable in the Tailgate coming from believers of Christianity.

My point isn't that the bashing is not warranted, but all religious people are equally insane to an extent. There might be varying degrees of delusion, but it is essentially the same.

My point isn't that the bashing is not warranted, but all religious people are equally insane to an extent. There might be varying degrees of delusion, but it is essentially the same.

I got it. You're just as whacked in the head of everyone else pushing intolerance. As with them you're convinced you're right and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong.

Like I said man, China. Paradise awaits. You don't have to tolerate those stupid religious people any more.

So once again:

Martin Luther King Jr.

John Locke

St. Thomas Aquinas

Mother Teresa

Mahatma Gandhi

Malcolm X

C.S. Lewis

As well as countless others...

Idiots. Is that what you're saying?

With respect to their belief in a God that hears their thoughts and the underlying magical stories in their religions, absolutely.

They are even bigger idiots in some respects, because they have proven to be effective thinkers, most of them well educated and aware of reason, yet they chose to accept these myths and delusions.

Why do you defend SoCal and then jump all over NavyDave?

Perhaps because I initally read his post as deliberate, clever irony? (now I'm not so sure...)

Perhaps because I knew that NavyDave was going to appear any second and start spewing and I wanted to get my shot in first? :)

The real answer is because we have at least a score of posters who do the exact same thing as NavyDave just did while getting their panties in a bunch everytime anyone says anything about christians.

Also, (until SoCal) we haven't had a good angry rabid leftist on here since CrazyHorse1. We need people on here to remind you guys of the difference between us reasonable liberal/centrists, and the Code Pink dudes. :pfft:

(and BTW, I HAVE called out ND for his anti-Muslim rants)

To your credit.

To an extent, but I was taking it a step further.

The amount of bashing of Islam, Scientology and Mormonism is laughable in the Tailgate coming from believers of Christianity.

Still doesn't excuse your first comment. That was pretty ****ed up.

With respect to their belief in a God that hears their thoughts and the underlying magical stories in their religions, absolutely.

They are even bigger idiots in some respects, because they have proven to be effective thinkers, most of them well educated and aware of reason, yet they chose to accept these myths and delusions.

You know, I understand where you're coming from and though I certainly don't agree with you, I can understand why you feel the way you do.

But there's no reason to dismiss it as "myths" or "delusions." Personally, I find it insulting and condescending. How would you like it if I called you a Godless, amoral, bitter, murderous buffoon? I doubt you'd take too kindly to that.

I mean, Joseph Stalin was an atheist and he's responsible for the death of millions; as is Mao Zedong, Fidel Castro, and Kim Jong Il. All Athiests, all reprehensible murderers.

Are you also a murderer?

Oh, and how could I forget Gregor Mendel? Father of modern genetics and CATHOLIC MONK?

Also an idiot, SoCal?

In his belief in God and religion, definitely. In his view of young boys, I am not sure what they were, but probably not good either.

Also, (until SoCal) we haven't had a good angry rabid leftist on here since CrazyHorse1. We need people on here to remind you guys of the difference between us reasonable liberal/centrists, and the Code Pink dudes. :pfft:

I am anything but a leftist.

The only democrat I have ever voted for was Obama. The religious nutjobs were always at the fringe of the republican party. They would get thrown a bone and be satisfied. Once the religious right took over the party, I was done.

Intelligence and diligence gave way to W. and Palin. When that many candidates in the Republican presidential debate claimed they don't believe in evolution, it was the nail in the coffin for me.

But there's no reason to dismiss it as "myths" or "delusions." Personally, I find it insulting and condescending. How would you like it if I called you a Godless, amoral, bitter, murderous buffoon? I doubt you'd take too kindly to that.

They are myths and delusions. That is without question.

Hopefully what you find insulting and condescending will lead you to be honest with yourself and look at your beliefs and why you hold them.

Really? How about bin Laden? Was he poor and under educated? Ever read his Fatwa? Are the Taliban fighting for freedom or to impose their religious ideals upon the people of Afghanistan?

How about this...

Poverty and Low Education Don't Cause Terrorism

http://www.nber.org/digest/sep02/w9074.html

What Makes a Terrorist

http://www.american.com/archive/2007/november-december-magazine-contents/what-makes-a-terrorist

I just wanted to see if you were willing to apply the same "logic" to Islamic terrorists as you do for everyone else. Clearly you are not. Which makes your entire argument a joke.

Really? How about bin Laden? Was he poor and under educated? Ever read his Fatwa? Are the Taliban fighting for freedom or to impose their religious ideals upon the people of Afghanistan?

How about this...

Poverty and Low Education Don't Cause Terrorism

http://www.nber.org/digest/sep02/w9074.html

What Makes a Terrorist

http://www.american.com/archive/2007/november-december-magazine-contents/what-makes-a-terrorist

I just wanted to see if you were willing to apply the same "logic" to Islamic terrorists as you do for everyone else. Clearly you are not. Which makes your entire argument a joke.

You have poor reading comprehension apparently.

In my view, those who believe in a God that can hear their prayers or see their actions and the stories tied to their religions are idiots.

The bigger idiots are those who are educated, who don't face poverty and who live in free societies and still accept religious views.

Whether that is a belief in God talking to Mohammad, Moses or impregnating Mary, it is all the same.

Hopefully what you find insulting and condescending will lead you to be honest with yourself and look at your beliefs and why you hold them.

I, for one, know what my beliefs are and why I hold them. I didn't inherit them from my parents, as religion was not even a topic of discussion in my upbringing. I don't find your remarks insulting or condescending and they are certainly not challenging to my belief system. They are remarkably arrogant and intollerant. As are the remarks about other religions made by 'Christians', on this board. The 'problems' with religion have nothing to do with a belief in a higher power. They have everything to do with power. Like any organizational system through the ages, religious entities are subject to the allure and lust for power. Any endeavor involving humans will be flawed.

We need people on here to remind you guys of the difference between us reasonable liberal/centrists, and the Code Pink dudes.

The difference would be much clearer if you would condemn people like SoCal as quickly as you do ND. :silly:

Typical Christiany. It is a religion of child rape. Maybe that's how Mary got pregnant to begin with.

I feel like Billy Jack.

"I try, I mean I really try."

But here (even while ignoring as much possible per my norm) what is essentially trolling commentary without meaningful substance, to any reasonable reader, will be met with a temp vacation.

And, yes, I read the whole thread, and per "Muslim hate", people have been appropriately dismissed at times for that, too.

I think what you miss is that all religions have many adaptive characteristics. They provide mechanisms for comfort, community, and for an ethical system of guidelines which has enabled society to survive. More, much of the American system of law and justice was based on Judeo/Christian and Greek philosophical principles.

In other words, don't throw the baby out with the bath water. There's a tremendous ammount of good done through the auspice of religion. Sadly, there are also tragedies and malice created by them as well.

Still, what you are demonstrating is exactly the kind of blind hatred and prejudice that you rail about and think originates from religion. And any form of hate is not healthy.

I'll have you know that I have, indeed, contemplated on my faith. I've thought long and hard about it and for many years; and I came to the conclusion that my faith is not only worth holding on to, but defended if it should be attacked. And yes, I came to this conclusion without any coercion from my family that happens to be made up of Protestants.

Furthermore, and unlike you, I also came to the conclusion that it is right to respect the beliefs of others, if supported by sound doctrine. I respect your decision to be an atheist. It is your decision and I can understand it. You, though, have gone on the offensive and gone out of your way to call me an idiot. I will not stand for that.

Is the Christian doctrine an easy one to accept? No, I suppose it isn't; but the tenants of my faith are, hopefully, fundamentally sound to people all over the world, namely to love your neighbor as yourself. It appears to me that you have a bit of trouble doing that.

Archived