Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CM: Police: Girl raped, then relocated (Updated in Post #99)

China

Christianity was inspired by God, implemented by man therefore its fallible, bringing up scandals from a small segment of it is not the same as reminding people that large segments of Islam are totally ok with child marriage simply because their founder did it.

Now if we started saying " jesus had sex with a very young girl so we can all have sex with very young girls" it would be the same, nobody here is saying that sex with young people is ok in christian ethics quite the opposite, and even most members of the RC church condemn the asshats who hid in the church and the asshats in the church who helped hide them. it was a shameful thing and most of us would never deny that contrast that with Muslims who would love to gloss over honour killings and child marriage.

That's really sad to read about.

I hate hearing of crap like this, just like I hate hearing about women living amongst Islamic fanatics getting stoned to death because they talked to the wrong guy, just like I hate hearing about alter boys getting their innocence stolen from Catholic priests.

It doesn't seem as though there is any religion out there free from some really, really bad people and messed up thinking.

All I can say is "how sad." :(

thats true, it really doesnt matter what religion, you can always find some asshat using it to justify something or hiding behind it to do terrible things. I have a friend working in afganistan who hopefully is coming home soon, she said she was heartbroken to see a young girl who was defaced with acid for refusing to stop going to school and the sickest part was it was HER BROTHER who threw the acid.

Your assumption is that smart people follow Americanized religion?????

The most outrageous thing in this thread is the assumption of correctness. ;)

Is the jewish guy with the yamaka incorrect?

Or the american christian with an idea incorrect?

Maybe the african with no christian teaching is incorrect.

Got it :)

lol wow...

ok before you reply to me......think...

I have a buddy christ in my sig...saying I know right...

ok so that right there should tell you I have humor about religion...

I will not go into my religious views here. I will simply say, I wrote that because someone with so much hate should not be telling others they are unintelligent.

If you really want to know what my religion is PM me...but I will give you a hint...there are some people here that call me a Pagan ;)

No, I simply think all religious people are idiots with respect to their beliefs.

Those who grew up in poverty and without education have an excuse.

Educated people in free societies do not.

because you're a philosophical genius with all the ****ing answers, amirite?

I hate hearing of crap like this, just like I hate hearing about women living amongst Islamic fanatics getting stoned to death because they talked to the wrong guy, just like I hate hearing about alter boys getting their innocence stolen from Catholic priests.

It doesn't seem as though there is any religion out there free from some really, really bad people and messed up thinking.

Its not limited to religion Katie. Mankind in general is a depraved and fallen creature. That depravity manifests itself in a myriad of different ways (everything from adultery to genocide).:(

I would just like to add, that it seems like with any religion, if you want to know how you define fundamentalists, just look at their treatment of women. Fundamentalist Christians, Fundamentalist Islam, FLDS... it all comes back to the persecution of women.

This kind of generalization is not helpful. It's likely the language and mindset used by the pastor used when condemning the girl when she was raped, under-age.
I doubt it. I think you are manufacturing a connection where there is none. The generalization I made is regarding why people do sick and disgusting things like rape young girls, or not having mercy on the suffering. Please read my earlier post on page 1. Thankfully there is a better world coming when everything will be re-created without things like rape and murder. To some that is comforting.

But, I don't expect an atheist to agree with me about the fall of man or resurrection. :)

Its not limited to religion Katie. Mankind in general is a depraved and fallen creature. That depravity manifests itself in a myriad of different ways (everything from adultery to genocide).:(
Aha! there's that phrase "myriad of ways" again!

Personally I prefer the word "plethora" myself. :)

Why religion?

Why not people?

The list of atrocious things that people have done throughout history that are unrelated to any religion is just as long.....

Ding.

Evil, stupidity, insanity... none are confined to any religion or government party. They are not confined to races or nations. They are part of the human experience.

For the life of me I'll never understand if you believe in God and all that is Holy, why you feel the need to call out to them while you're having sex. It is sort of perverted.

Your partner doesn't give God a shot out for blessing you with the skillz to stimulate their pleasure points and vice versa? So sad if they are silent.

And think about it from God's perspective. After all, some of y'all have some seriously fat ugly wives. Do you really think your Lord and saviour wants to watch that?

Mrs ND is a size 7

[/size]

You're not one of those selfish lovers who screams out their name when they climax are you? :D

You're not one of those selfish lovers who screams out their name when they climax are you? :D

No, I usually chant pagan grunts, but only if we've gone all out and bathed in pig's blood. If it's just a quickie, I shout out the names of my favorite snack foods.

~Bang

No, I usually chant pagan grunts, but only if we've gone all out and bathed in pig's blood. If it's just a quickie, I shout out the names of my favorite snack foods.

~Bang

:rotflmao:

That's quality stand-up material right there!

They are myths and delusions. That is without question.

Hopefully what you find insulting and condescending will lead you to be honest with yourself and look at your beliefs and why you hold them.

Ah the militant athiest - I knew we were missing one category of crazy here at ES, and thankfully SoCal stepped in to fill the void.

Getting back on topic, wouldn't the adults that moved the girl be technically guilty of aiding and abetting a criminal by hiding the victim?

I would just like to add, that it seems like with any religion, if you want to know how you define fundamentalists, just look at their treatment of women. Fundamentalist Christians, Fundamentalist Islam, FLDS... it all comes back to the persecution of women.

The entire moral dialogue revolves around the male ego and perspective. Just look at the sins we emphasize. Abortion (women). Sex (big deal if your daughter does it). Homosexuality (big deal unless they are hot lesbians).

Typical Christiany. It is a religion of child rape. Maybe that's how Mary got pregnant to begin with.

Before you start bashing christiany,you should check the stats of murderers, theives,child molesters and rapist.And don't forget Hitler,Stalin and that nut job from Asia that killed millions of people!They are all ATHEIST.Your profile says that you are a professonal genius.I say your just a hypocrite!!!!!

Well, yes. I didn't read the whole thread to witness how this "debate" probably devolved :ols:

Of course it isn't just with religion. I was just commenting on that aspect since that was in the OP. :)

I doubt it. I think you are manufacturing a connection where there is none. The generalization I made is regarding why people do sick and disgusting things like rape young girls, or not having mercy on the suffering. Please read my earlier post on page 1. Thankfully there is a better world coming when everything will be re-created without things like rape and murder. To some that is comforting.

But, I don't expect an atheist to agree with me about the fall of man or resurrection. :)

You don't have to be Roman Catholic or believe every word in revelations to understand the future of man is one of two things:

Self destruction

Enlightenment

• 11 months later...

Update:

Jury selection set to begin in NH church rape case

CONCORD, N.H. – Jury selection is under way in a New Hampshire court for a man facing charges he raped a 15-year-old member of his church who was later forced to stand before the congregation and apologize for getting pregnant.

Fifty-two-year-old Ernest Willis is in the courtroom in Concord on Monday.

Willis is charged with forcibly raping Christina Anderson twice during the summer of 1997, when she was his children's baby sitter and he was 39. Anderson has agreed to have her name published.

Lawyers for Willis say in court documents that he will admit having sex with the girl once but maintains it was consensual.

Their pastor at Trinity Baptist Church in Concord arranged for the teen to live with a Colorado family and put her baby up for adoption.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived