Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going to D.C. I Need hotel advice

Hitman#21

Im pretty sure that theres a Red Roof Inn about a block away from Verizon Center, so that would put you right in the thick of things. I dont think youre going to get any cheaper than that. Probably still going to be over $100 a night.

DC does have a pretty good Metro, so you could stay elsewhere where its cheaper.

Sunday nights, Hyatt downtown has $99/night I stay there every time I'm in town on Sunday...It's an absolute AWESOME hotel for the price... It's about 3 blocks away from the VC...

Good call. I stay at the Greenbelt Marriott when I come home for games. Price is a little cheaper and it's got super comfy beds.

EDIT: A Federal courthouse is across the street. Never had a problem there.

Good call. I stay at the Greenbelt Marriott when I come home for games. Price is a little cheaper and it's got super comfy beds.

EDIT: A Federal courthouse is across the street. Never had a problem there.

Yeah... Even on this weekend (memorial day weekend) it's still $99...

http://grandwashington.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservations/flow6/propSelectedHotelRates.jsp?xactionid=128d89ff14e&_requestid=1185701

Absolutely one of the greatest values I've ever had.. The hotel is just beautiful, in a great location...

If I remember there's a Motel in Roslyn right off the GW, across the Key Bridge to Georgetown and within a 10-15 minute walk of the metro that was pretty cheap. I can't remember the name, but you see it right as you exit the GW going towards Courtyard Rd.

Edit: Found it-- Inn of Rosslyn‎

1601 Arlington Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22209-3002

(703) 524-3400‎

69 reviews

DirectionsSearch nearby

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS230US232&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=motel+rosslyn+va&fb=1&gl=us&hq=motel&hnear=rosslyn+va&cid=10417932773529199046

They list a starting price of about 89 buck/night

Sunday nights, Hyatt downtown has $99/night I stay there every time I'm in town on Sunday...It's an absolute AWESOME hotel for the price... It's about 3 blocks away from the VC...

That's a good deal for a hotel close to Chinatown/VC. I'm wondering how much it is on Friday/Sat night though?

I don't think there's any hotel in that area for less than $130ish a night on weekends.

But the good news is, most every hotel around there is very nice.

Courtyard by Marriott is probably the closest hotel that's not outrageously priced. It's at the corner of 9th and F. The Renaissance Techworld is about 2 blocks away to the north, on 9th between H and I. That's another one not ridiculously high.

Yeah... Even on this weekend (memorial day weekend) it's still $99...

http://grandwashington.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservations/flow6/propSelectedHotelRates.jsp?xactionid=128d89ff14e&_requestid=1185701

Absolutely one of the greatest values I've ever had.. The hotel is just beautiful, in a great location...

Link didnt work so i tried searching and on the date i want June 2-3 it comes out to $215 a night.

Maybe i am at the wrong site..

Thanks for all the help!

I suggest you expand your search to include accomidations in Arlington (just across the river). There are a ton of places in Roslyn, Clarendon, and Ballston that are only a 25min cab ride from the phone booth.

Why would he waste money taking a cab when he can take the Metro?

Link didnt work so i tried searching and on the date i want June 3-4 it comes out to $215 a night.

Maybe i am at the wrong site..

Thanks for all the help!

Ah, that's a Thursday/Friday... It's only $99 on Sundays which is why it's such a great deal...

If you are looking for cheap, try the Harrington. Stayed there in March. The heaters made noises, the lobby smells like whatever is cooking in the restaurant and the building is really old, but it was cheap. And it's on the corner of 9th and 12th or somewhere in that area. About a 6 block walk to Verizon Center/Chinatown. It wasn't dirty, but it was a "you get what you pay for" hotel.

Archived