Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Moss Admits to Visits from Galea

hogfan21

Moss is my boy? How do you figure? I did hang out with him a few nights in Lansdowne with Sellers but that will not make him my boy... I am not defending him nor making excuses at this point. I have mentioned in other posts regarding Moss that I dont care if ANY player has taken HGH since I dont believe its a steroid. They should make it legal for all athletes to take it.

I simply meant he a redskin so I understand the instict for skins fans to defend him to the end but where there's smoke, there's fire. We all know what happened here, some just aren't ready to admit it.

When was the last time you called up a doctor and asked "are you licensed to practice medicine in the United States?"

You never have. Because when you look up a doctor, or a friend refers you to someone, you ASSUME they are licensed. Moss has to get the benefit of the doubt, unless there is some clear proof he knew he was receiving something illegal.

Hahahah funny post, let me ask you some questions

1. When was the last time you looked up a Dr in MD/VA and got some random Canadian Dr, then flew him in and saw him a couple of times?

2. When was the last time you randomly called a Canadian Dr for "treatment"?

3. When was the last time your Dr was busted for illegal practices?

4. Does this mean that Canadian Dr's are just better then American Dr's?

Now the 4th could be true but in all seriousness thinking that Moss was doing anything above board messing with this Dr is just silly to me. This isn't an accident, the only accident was he got caught.

If your one of the folks who thinks NFL players don't do drugs or that you should "turn" on players who do them I bet you'd be surprised if you knew how many of those role model atheletes you put up on those pedastals actually do. My guess is at least half, they just don't usually get caught.

Still sounds fishy to me.

And me.

The fact he has had his knee cleaned up via surgery & been in rehab for 3 months this offseason, having 'put up' with the issue for the previous couple of offseasons, seems rather telling to me.

Maybe its just coincidence :whoknows:

Seriously, you and others need to put down the kool-aid and come back to reality . . . you just aren't at the place yet that will allow you to admit and accept the truth.

You might have missed my first post, so let me clarify. While I hope you're wrong about why Moss called him, you're probably not. But I'm not talking about whether he did it or not. I'm only referring to the reasonableness of any suspension absent direct proof Moss knew he was doing something illegal.

It was not public knowledge in the media - as far as I know (if you know otherwise, please post a link) - that this doctor was passing out HGH to players. If it was, he wouldn't have sent his assistant into the country with it, because he would know authorities would try to stop them. Therefore, the circumstantial evidence would not be very compelling if due process is allowed to play out.

These are nothing but more assumptions. I want to give an opinion, but we know too little information for me to judge.

We probably wont know much more, but at face value he's guilty in my mind. However I'll be the first in line to say I don't care about drug use. If he was doing some bad stuff then I would care, but I think at least half the countries on some sorta drugs so why get upset?

1. When was the last time you looked up a Dr in MD/VA and got some random Canadian Dr, then flew him in and saw him a couple of times?

Now the 4th could be true but in all seriousness thinking that Moss was doing anything above board messing with this Dr is just silly to me. This isn't an accident, the only accident was he got caught.

If your one of the folks who thinks NFL players don't do drugs or that you should "turn" on players who do them I bet you'd be surprised if you knew how many of those role model atheletes you put up on those pedastals actually do. My guess is at least half, they just don't usually get caught.

These are irrelevant questions.

It's likely one of his buddies recommended him the doctor, he called the doctor, got an appointment and its as simple as that. If someone recommends you a doctor, you would assume that he/she would be licensed to practice in the US... hell that wouldn't even be anything that would cross your mind.

regardless of whether Moss is implicated in any scandal here with Galea, the fact remains he is 31 years old and still in rehab for an offseason knee operation.

the Redskins either need to see Thomas and Kelly step forward in camp and the preseason or the team may have to make a trade for a receiver.

ANSWERS

1 & 2. I haven't called a doctor in five years. I don't get sick often, and I've never had an injury that could threaten my career. If I did, I would probably spend several weeks or longer asking around for advice on who was the BEST.

3. As I mentioned, I'm not aware of any reports that this doc was busted BEFORE Moss made any appointments. That said, American doctors are sued for malpractice all the time. Matter of fact, see http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/05/mayor_mitch_landrieus_acting_h.html for a story where an American doctor engaged in technically "illegal practice" but was still named head of New Orleans city health department.

4. That's like asking whether French wine is better than California wine. Some of it probably is, but there are many CA wines that destroy inferior French vintages.

I'd normally say any sane person would have to believe moss knew exactly what was going on and was fully aware of the doctor and his methods, but then again, this is the guy that coined the phrase:

"I'll talk about football. I don't know about nothing else. I ain't got nothing to do with nothing that ain't about me."

These are irrelevant questions.

It's likely one of his buddies recommended him the doctor, he called the doctor, got an appointment and its as simple as that. If someone recommends you a doctor, you would assume that he/she would be licensed to practice in the US... hell that wouldn't even be anything that would cross your mind.

I'd say thats highly unlikely to the point of being laughable. Professional athletes don't get casual doctor recommendations from their buddies. They have team trainers and doctors at their disposal that can give them any type of legal, standard treatment they might need. They call unlicensed Canadian doctors to fly in for secret treatments when the team is out of town when they want HGH or Steroids.

We probably wont know much more, but at face value he's guilty in my mind. However I'll be the first in line to say I don't care about drug use. If he was doing some bad stuff then I would care, but I think at least half the countries on some sorta drugs so why get upset?

Now that's irony!

:ols:

“I sat down and talked to Santana earlier today and went through a bunch of situations that have happened to him and I feel really good about where he’s at, real good that he’ll be – I don’t know if vindicated is the word – but I think when people find out all the facts, everything will be okay,” Shanahan said.

If Shanny believes everything will be okay,then that's good enough for me.

I doubt that Santana was anything less than 100% honest with Shanny and his teammates. I do however have a problem with Santana being the ONLY one holding the bag so far. Tom Brady's name was also linked to this doctor. I want to see EVERYONE who also sought treatment from this guy exposed and grilled as well.

If he is lying then he is a POS because forget the fans and what we think, he lied to his own teammates which I will have a huge problem with if true! He knows better than lying to his coach and teammates.

My thoughts exactly. Gotta give the man the benefit of the doubt until this is over.

Still sounds fishy to me. If you're Moss why go to a guy that is not licensed to practice medicine in the US to get treatments available and legal here??? Why not just use a team Doc, or your personal licensed US doctor?

It is not just Moss . Galea has in the past treated a number of high profile US sports stars including people like Tiger Woods and at least 3 NFL or ex NFL players .

When Gelea was indited it only one ex NFL player was linked, though this is not over until the Gelea case is closed, but yet again the hangem and floggem crew are out ready to put the boot in before any facts are known .

Chances are good that this doctor performed the PRP therapy on him. It's very popular among athletes for promoting healing/recovery. Unless he were to test positive for HGH this is a non-issue. I mean think about it. If you're a professional (whatever, doctor, lawyer, etc.), does that mean that if you do one thing that is illegal that ALL the things you do are illegal? If you get caught speeding, does that mean that you are guilty of speeding every time you get in the car? Yeah, this doc is evidently guilty of distributing HGH. Doesn't mean that Santana did it. You're not guilty by association. I think many need to take a chill pill.

I'll have to wait and see. SM is a character guy but the pressure to perform, especially when a player is getting older, can lead to ill-advised decisions. Hopefully it will blow over and nothing will come of it. But let's face it, it's a big time story now and the media wants someone to burn.

If its true that Dr. Quack's nurse was arrested on her way to see Santana with HGH and needles then he is a lying POS.

Too many others have tried the " I didn't know what they were giving me excuse "... :mad:

People need to remember that Sheriff Goddell doesn't need a positive test to suspend you.

If your name is mentioned in criminal investigations he will and has taken action. I'd expect Moss to miss at least 2 games..

Archived