Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Moss Admits to Visits from Galea

hogfan21

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5222750

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins receiver Santana Moss has told teammates he received three treatments from the Canadian doctor who was charged last week with smuggling and supplying human growth hormone.

Defensive lineman Phillip Daniels says Moss told a small group of players last week that he was treated by Dr. Anthony Galea. Daniels indicated that Moss portrayed the treatments as routine and did not involve any banned substances.

Daniels says he believes Moss is "telling us the truth."

Moss referred questions on the matter to coach Mike Shanahan after Wednesday's offseason practice. Shanahan says he has spoken with Moss and is confident the veteran wideout will not be suspended.

I hope what Moss says is true because we need to start the season on the right foot.

Still sounds fishy to me. If you're Moss why go to a guy that is not licensed to practice medicine in the US to get treatments available and legal here??? Why not just use a team Doc, or your personal licensed US doctor?

Still sounds fishy to me. If you're Moss why go to a guy that is not licensed to practice medicine in the US to get treatments available and legal here??? Why not just use a team Doc, or your personal licensed US doctor?

specialization? bcuz he's a reknowned expert on healing sports injuries very quickly.

This is exactly what I am thinking about, I have to tell you if it happens that Moss lied to his teamates It could be a really bad thing for the chemistry of this team and orginazation.

I have another question, did the doctor ever say that he gave HGH to Moss or was it his assistant? Its possible that Moss got standard treatment from the doctor directly but the night the doctor got busted was the night he was suppose to get HGH for the first time.. Just saying its a possiblity!

Although he makes more money then we do, obviously, I know Canada still has cheaper medication and he may have heard the guy really knows what he's doing. You never know.

But your health is your life in the NFL. To go to an doctor not licensed and not consult the team about it is off to me.

specialization? bcuz he's a reknowned expert on healing sports injuries very quickly.

I bet in NFL circles the reason for his renown was known fairly well.

I have another question, did the doctor ever say that he gave HGH to Moss or was it his assistant? Its possible that Moss got standard treatment from the doctor directly but the night the doctor got busted was the night he was suppose to get HGH for the first time.. Just saying its a possiblity!

All possibilities are still open. To me it just looks pretty suspicious. Even if he gets off, which he might.

Makes no sense to me.

Why use an unlicensed doctor when your a millionare like Moss?

Why are some of you thinking he won't be suspended? The commish has suspended players without convictions. I think he's out for a couple of games when the smoke settles

Why are some of you thinking he won't be suspended? The commish has suspended players without convictions. I think he's out for a couple of games when the smoke settles

I think there is a chance he is not suspended. If the doc says he did not give him any HGH and Moss sticks to his story too, I could see no suspension.

If the doc gave it to him but Moss says he didn't know, then I see a suspension. The commish will say you are responsible for what goes in your body.

Makes no sense to me.

It might not make any sense to us but pro athletes are really superstitious. From what I hear Moss isn't the only high profile athlete to use this guy. All it takes is for a friend of a friend to insist that this guy is the best and cite his client base and who knows? Maybe that convinces Moss that he wants to try him out.

I'm going to give Moss the benefit of the doubt here. Lets wait til there's real evidence before we turn our backs on him.

I think there is a chance he is not suspended. If the doc says he did not give him any HGH and Moss sticks to his story too, I could see no suspension.

Which is what I would suspect him to do or at least get some hush money to not say anything if he did. However Moss name is already out there which probably means the Dr already turned on Moss in which case if this is Moss vs Dr and if the Dr says Moss took the drugs and Moss says he did visit the Dr but didn't take the drugs I bet he gets suspended for visiting the Dr in the first place and being in this place. 2 game suspension by the commish to send message to the league to keep your personal lives quite and your drug use out of the media.

Call me skeptical but I dont really believe an NFL player goes to an unlicensed Dr without there being drugs or money involved. Moss is a great dude and I don't give a crap if he was on drugs, I think everyones on drugs. I'll forgive the dude for this no problem, my atheletes aren't role models and they aren't saints. This is real life

If they can't conclusively determine that Moss received HGH then he shouldn't receive a suspension. Moss isn't one of these guys that's always in trouble for something. Moss hasn't shown that kind of pattern. Rothlisberger didn't get suspended after the first rape allegation.

Which is what I would suspect him to do or at least get some hush money to not say anything if he did. However Moss name is already out there which probably means the Dr already turned on Moss in which case if this is Moss vs Dr and if the Dr says Moss took the drugs and Moss says he did visit the Dr but didn't take the drugs I bet he gets suspended for visiting the Dr in the first place and being in this place. 2 game suspension by the commish to send message to the league to keep your personal lives quite and your drug use out of the media.

Call me skeptical but I dont really believe an NFL player goes to an unlicensed Dr without there being drugs or money involved. Moss is a great dude and I don't give a crap if he was on drugs, I think everyones on drugs. I'll forgive the dude for this no problem, my atheletes aren't role models and they aren't saints. This is real life

Pretty much sums up how I see things. The only thing is his name could be out there, because the destination when all this blew up was to see Moss. The real question is did the doc implicate him, or is there a list showing he was given HGH, or is it because he was headed to DC to see Moss.

I think he still has a chance if it's the latter. Not enough facts to really say for sure now.

This guy doesn't give "standard treatment" to pro athletes. They call him for one reason only, he uses HGH to heal you quicker. If Moss wanted or needed "standard treatment", he gets up from his locker and walks into the training room. You don't get secret visits from an unlicensed doctor for a standard treatment. I know he's your boy and all but some of you need to wake up to reality. It doesn't take a genious to figure out what Moss was doing.

When was the last time you called up a doctor and asked "are you licensed to practice medicine in the United States?"

You never have. Because when you look up a doctor, or a friend refers you to someone, you ASSUME they are licensed. Moss has to get the benefit of the doubt, unless there is some clear proof he knew he was receiving something illegal.

When was the last time you called up a doctor and asked "are you licensed to practice medicine in the United States?"

You never have. Because when you look up a doctor, or a friend refers you to someone, you ASSUME they are licensed. Moss has to get the benefit of the doubt, unless there is some clear proof he knew he was receiving something illegal.

To be fair also, I've never called a doctor who wasn't practicing in the US. If I did it's something I might want to know.

This guy doesn't give "standard treatment" to pro athletes. They call him for one reason only, he uses HGH to heal you quicker. If Moss wanted or needed "standard treatment", he gets up from his locker and walks into the training room. You don't get secret visits from an unlicensed doctor for a standard treatment. I know he's your boy and all but some of you need to wake up to reality. It doesn't take a genious to figure out what Moss was doing.

Moss is my boy? How do you figure? I did hang out with him a few nights in Lansdowne with Sellers but that will not make him my boy... I am not defending him nor making excuses at this point. I have mentioned in other posts regarding Moss that I dont care if ANY player has taken HGH since I dont believe its a steroid. They should make it legal for all athletes to take it.

Seriously, you and others need to put down the kool-aid and come back to reality. Let's review. Moss has an injured hamstring, correct? What kind of treatment could some doctor in Canada give him that he couldn't get from the team trainers right there in Ashburn? The answer, nothing other than HGH or steroids. Why have the doctor come in for the visit when the team is out of town? Why keep the visit a secret? Why get beligerent when the news becomes public? I think you know the answer to all of these questions, you just aren't at the place yet that will allow you to admit and accept the truth.

Archived