Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World of Warcraft - lol wow sux, *plays Rift*, lol back 2 wow

Homercles82

Still slightly confused, going to look over WoWWiki later and attempt to make a decision on what to spec now.

I need more info on what Frost can do. My understanding is that Unholy puts out a ****load of AOE damage which causes aggro, so I am hesitant to spec there

Going to play on my 33 priest until things clarify for the advanced 80 classes, all of them suffered major changes and I'm still struggling to adjust (they took away most of my judgements on my 80 paladin JoeGibbs)

Still slightly confused, going to look over WoWWiki later and attempt to make a decision on what to spec now.

I need more info on what Frost can do. My understanding is that Unholy puts out a ****load of AOE damage which causes aggro, so I am hesitant to spec there

Going to play on my 33 priest until things clarify for the advanced 80 classes, all of them suffered major changes and I'm still struggling to adjust (they took away most of my judgements on my 80 paladin JoeGibbs)

2H frost relies on Obliterate for damage. Dual Wield frost is kind of like a fury warrior.

My WalMart did NOT have Collector's Edition. My brother and I were a bit peeved but we saved some money and got the regular edition.

Servers are being changed over now and it will take a while me thinks.

It's not as laggy as I thought it'd be... Overall I'd give it a B+ for the launch... I wish they could have some how phased the new starting areas so that you didn't have 150 people keep coming after the same mob...

Fair warning as I bought mine online last night: You pay ....and then they warn you it may take upto 48 hours to process payment after which your account will be upgraded to Cat.

On the good news side, I did it last night around 9pm, and before I left for work today I logged on to see if I could up certain previously maxed skills meaning cat had been added to account. It had as of 5:30 when I tried so it does not appear to be taking the 48 hours they leave themselves. I was just frustrated to be told that AFTER I bought it.

So...since I don't like the idea of monthly fees, or games that go on forever with no actual end...are they ever planning on making a Warcraft 4, or something similar to Warcraft 3 that I can just play? I enjoyed this series and am hoping they branch off into something besides World of Warcraft.

Did you try Star Craft? It's an excellent game by the makers of Warcraft, and it has an end. There is also a Star Craft II. I havent played it though.

Yeah, I've played Starcraft and the Brood War expansion. I have not picked up Starcraft 2, I've actually read a lot of complaints about it. Since I don't play online, I often don't pick up games until they've been out for a couple years and are often bundled together (such as the Warcraft Warchests).

Yeah, I've played Starcraft and the Brood War expansion. I have not picked up Starcraft 2, I've actually read a lot of complaints about it. Since I don't play online, I often don't pick up games until they've been out for a couple years and are often bundled together (such as the Warcraft Warchests).

Star Craft II is actually fairly decent and unlike World of Warcraft there is no monthly fees (Although you do play it through a server). BTW I tried World of Warcraft II for the first time last week and it just isn't anything like I expected or like. Is it just a role playing game now?

Holy ****ing **** Batman. I'm a little sad though...looks like replacing my purples with blue and greens will be inevitable...All excited either way to be back on an even level with my little brother.

When I started last night at midnight, I had all purple gear, most of it was from TOC....by the end of today, I had all green but 2 slots and I got two new blue. My hp as a hunter went up to 45k hp and I am only at 82. I can't wait to see what raid gear does. You will quickly replace all your purple with green.

My jewel crafter just had to sell to a vendor the blues and one purple from AH. The greens are so much better. I have to laugh at all my purples being so wimpy now. This has happened with every expansion, but it is still surprising.

Star Craft II is actually fairly decent and unlike World of Warcraft there is no monthly fees (Although you do play it through a server). BTW I tried World of Warcraft II for the first time last week and it just isn't anything like I expected or like. Is it just a role playing game now?

I think you mean Warcraft II. :)

They have not released any information on another RTS WC game. They are working on the following;

Diablo 3

Starcraft 2 expac

Next WOW expac

WC Movie (on hold because Sam Raimi is doing some other movies)

Unnamed MMO game

Given the time frame they release games you can expect not to see anything about WC IV in the next 3 years.

I honestly think that The final WOW Expac, which will cap levels at 100, will be the last Warcraft based game. We are killing off main characters (Arthas, Illidan, Archimonde, Onyxia, Deathwing, Yog Saron, etc...) left and right in WOW and, whether they admit it or not, they are reshaping the lore to fit WC despite telling us that WOW was a standalone series and WC would go on.

The launch went very smoothly on my end. The first thing I did was create my goblin rogue named Takeadoodoo. My brother and I have been leveling them and it has gone relatively easy. We are at level 15 now with very little time invested. The goblin starting zone is AWESOME, then the Lost Isles are just as fun. We are now tearing up Azshara when has been one of my favorite leveling zones so far. With heirlooms we can 2 shot just about anything in our way.

I logged onto my mage and the first quest I got was to go to Vash'jir. I HATE THIS ZONE!!! Underwater worlds are irritating because there is very little depth perception and with my astigmatism it is even worse. Plus with so many people they mobs spawn in ridiculously fast paces. I will be moving him to Hyjal soon.

I am lucky to be a part of a large guild, probably the largest Horde guild on my server. We are approaching the 1,000 member cap quickly but the advantage is that we will level quickly. We had killed over 6,000 critters yesterday alone and are working our way to the 50,000 mark to get the armadillo pet!

So far this has been exciting and, most importantly, fun. I have seen Deathwing once and it scared the crap out of me.

[quote=Homercles82;8022807

I logged onto my mage and the first quest I got was to go to Vash'jir. I HATE THIS ZONE!!! Underwater worlds are irritating because there is very little depth perception and with my astigmatism it is even worse. Plus with so many people they mobs spawn in ridiculously fast paces. I will be moving him to Hyjal soon.

Funny, I started in Hyjil and moved to Vashj'ir, the seahorse mount is just too awesome to pass up :) Did 148 quests there yesterday and unlocked the Throne of the Tides after about a 20 minute cut scene (20000 leagues under the sea achievement) I had a blast there, but yes the depth perception was kinda tough.

Stupid work, gotta go in now...

Was able to play yesterday...got my priest up to 83 then stopped...VASH is very annoying, and you can't complete the 160 quest achivement on alliance side. Deepholm is a really cool zone, they did a great job on it.

The graphics are great, gameplay is the same, and I really like how they added more quest cutscenes. Makes questing a lot better.

Was able to play yesterday...got my priest up to 83 then stopped...VASH is very annoying, and you can't complete the 160 quest achivement on alliance side. Deepholm is a really cool zone, they did a great job on it.

The graphics are great, gameplay is the same, and I really like how they added more quest cutscenes. Makes questing a lot better.

Dude that 20000 leagues under the sea scene took FOREVER... I told myself "I'm just gonna get this chieve and go to bed"... Yeah right lol

Loving the seahorse...unfortunately I've played so much WoW the last 4 days I need a break

Leveled a priest from 33 to 53 in 4 days

Leveled the paladin JoeGibbs to 80.5, still haven't seen any instance entrances in the underwater forest yet. I like how you have to discover most of the points on your own, back in WotLK many of the points weren't hidden on the map and you could just ride around. Now you have to complete quest chains to "unlock" flight paths, which is cool.

Maybe to start but stat inflation right out the gate is going to replace most of your gear soon. I did not play in BETA but just looking at some of the items available at early 80's is insane.

This is a level 81 crafted purple helm.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/59455/agile-bio-optic-killshades/

+512 Stamina

+301 Agility

Yeah, but good luck getting your engineering up to 525 to get this. That will take forever.

Just started a Worgen named HenryJekyll (DoctorJekyll was taken) .

Yeah, but good luck getting your engineering up to 525 to get this. That will take forever.

Just started a Worgen named HenryJekyll (DoctorJekyll was taken) .

It is the easiest example I felt like finding. My brother is 83 and has replaced over half his epics and he said it would have been more but he hasn't seen the gear and has done 0 instances. Item level 251+ gear being replaced with greens.

Archived