Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World of Warcraft - lol wow sux, *plays Rift*, lol back 2 wow

Homercles82

I seem to be stuck at the Undercity areas (Silverpine, etc.) and I'm right at level 18. I tried to run to the Ghostlands for more quests and kept dying in the plaguelands, but managed to make it to many flight masters to get my paths extended.

How do I get to Ghostlands? Where should I level now, the remaining quests are too hard for me to do solo in Silverpine. Any ideas?

I seem to be stuck at the Undercity areas (Silverpine, etc.) and I'm right at level 18. I tried to run to the Ghostlands for more quests and kept dying in the plaguelands, but managed to make it to many flight masters to get my paths extended.

How do I get to Ghostlands? Where should I level now, the remaining quests are too hard for me to do solo in Silverpine. Any ideas?

If you're going to be around tonight around 930, I can help you do whatever. I'll be off of work by then!

The Ghostlands is one of my favorite zones. You get to it by going south through Eversong Woods, the blood elf area. However, since you're level 18, you are pretty much out leveled for it. There are some level 18 quests there that you can still do if you want. I think the Worgen zone is open for questing around that level. Of course you can't roll a Worgen yet, but there are some Silverpine quests that send you to the Worgen zone. It's all phasing I think.

Get your addons here: http://wowinterface.com/community.php

or

Here: http://www.wowace.com

They are updated faster than Curse, and, you won't get phishers or worms like you do on Curse. Yes, Curse has been clean for a while. But for a period of time it was a bad place to go.

Go to curse.com

Some addons have all of them combined in one pack, but I'd rather get them individually , you can get them all in a pack if you want.

Get

SexyMap

Dominos

Chatter

ShadowedUnitFrames

Skada

Omen (for threat to make sure you don't pull too much aggro)

Also get SatrinaBuffFrames, it makes it easier to see how much time is left on buffs and debuffs. You might need to "enable" outdated addons for some of these to work though

ShadowedUnitFrames is not for people just getting started with Add-Ons. X-Perl Unit Frames has the same functionality, but easier to use "out of the box."

Same goes for Skada. Get Recount instead-- it's a memory hog, but, it's a lot more intuitive for someone new to Add-Ons. I use Skada, but that's because I've been playing for 6 years and have been a pretty serious raider for 4.

If you're looking for a bar/button mod, I also prefer Bartender4 to Dominos. I have found Bartender4 to be easier to set up, and most importantly, updated faster after a patch.

Download OmniCC. Works right out of the box with no modifications. Puts a countdown timer in each of your buttons to track its cooldown.

When you get a bit more facile with modifying Add-On settings, I'd add:

VuhDo -- raid frames replacement. In my opinion, a *MUST HAVE* for any raider. Disable X-Perl Raid modules, and use VuhDo to manage your raid frames. Can't tell you how helpful this mod is.

Quartz -- modular cast bar replacement

Bagnon -- single bag mod, makes inventory much easier to manage

ClassTimer -- relatively advanced; track your buffs and your enemy debuffs

Align -- for when your UI gets fancier, use this mod to put a grid on your screen so you can tidy up everything

-----

Here are my toons. Yes, I'm one of those internet fruitcakes who plays female toons. They were male, but I'll be honest. I got sick of staring at a man's ass for 2-3 hours at a time.

Holgirl, Draenor-US << My "main"

Holgirlie, Draenor-US << My other main

Perception, Draenor-US

Percepcióne, Draenor-US

Feel free to contact me in game, or here, with any questions.

I made it to Stranglethorn valley (think that's it) from the zepplin at undercity. I tried to run to booty bay so I could take the ship to Rachet to be then walk to the Barrens to level. When I was running to Booty Bay, I started to go through the mine/tunnel and it was blocked off. Is this something new after the shattering?

I can't get anywhere that has quests at my level and all the surrounding areas at Silverpine have really high level monsters I can't kill.

Im in Hilsbrad and having to grind because there are no quests available to me. I hit level 19, but none unlocked, this grinding is ridiculously slow. I have no idea what to do because travel to other 1-20 zones has been disrupted so much that I can't get to them.

Im starting to get ****ing annoyed.

Im in Hilsbrad and having to grind because there are no quests available to me. I hit level 19, but none unlocked, this grinding is ridiculously slow. I have no idea what to do because travel to other 1-20 zones has been disrupted so much that I can't get to them.

You could do a dungeon or two with the Dungeon Finder to get you over the hump, or check inside the city for one of those "Heroes/Warchief's call" bulletin board deals. It gives you a zone to go to that's around your level. You could also get to the Barrens through the Zeppelin that goes from the Undercity to Orgrimmar and run from there, no need to brave Stranglethorn and those pesky raptors.

The "hump" in WoW is now level 20, when you can train your riding mount. Once you get that, your experience will improve. Do what MrBig101 said: queue some random dungeons to make it there. Train your mount. Go to Barrens via the Undercity zeppelin, by way of Orgrimmar.

Ok, I just decided to mess around with WoW again. I saw that they had WoTLK for only $10 as a digital download so I went ahead and got it.

I installed the game, downloaded over 12+ gigs of patches and junk to get up to date (took forever at a minimum of 150, and an average of 350 kbps mostly).

So now I can't log into the game at all. I'm getting the error "unable to validate game version". I have a Battle.net account (which I had merged already). I'm running an AVG scan now and then a spybot scan because apparently the game will not operate if anything naughty is on your pc. If I do a reinstall, do I need to download everything again?!? God I hope not! Can I just copy the Data and Updates folders to another drive, do a clean install, and copy them back to avoid downloading again?

Edit* Well I just found a 4.x downloader from blizzard, so I'm gonna try that. I think using an old disk to install and then trying to update from the beginning is what screwed everything up.

Ok, I just decided to mess around with WoW again. I saw that they had WoTLK for only $10 as a digital download so I went ahead and got it.

I installed the game, downloaded over 12+ gigs of patches and junk to get up to date (took forever at a minimum of 150, and an average of 350 kbps mostly).

So now I can't log into the game at all. I'm getting the error "unable to validate game version". I have a Battle.net account (which I had merged already). I'm running an AVG scan now and then a spybot scan because apparently the game will not operate if anything naughty is on your pc. If I do a reinstall, do I need to download everything again?!? God I hope not! Can I just copy the Data and Updates folders to another drive, do a clean install, and copy them back to avoid downloading again?

Edit* Well I just found a 4.x downloader from blizzard, so I'm gonna try that. I think using an old disk to install and then trying to update from the beginning is what screwed everything up.

I wouldn't re-install yet. Make sure you run the Launcher as this will download any needed updates. Also use the Repair tool in your WoW folder to see if this fixes the problem. Last I would goto the WoW forums and look up this specific error. I know with the 4.0 patch thousands of people had this same problem, however I forget what the resolution was.

• 2 weeks later...

You also must not be completing all quests in the zone because you get what are called "bread crumb" quests that tell you where to go next. Also, in Orgrimmar, right outside of Garrosh's throne there is a sign with Warlord's Commands on them that tell you where to go at your level.

Getting mad at the game isn't going to help you any. After pactch 4.0.3a, when the world was changed, it was confusing for everyone. You will have to take time to familiarize yourself with the new world like everyone who wasn't in the BETA did.

Im really not sure where to go now. Im level 18, how in the **** do I get to a zone that I can level at?

Is there a boat that takes you to the other continent?

At 18 you need to be in Azshara, Silverpine Forest or the Northern Barrens I believe. Look at the map here

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/757449-Azeroth-level-flow-map

If you do not have heirlooms then you are not outleveling the content designed for your level range. If you have heirlooms the extra XP buff they give will help you outlevel your area relatively quickly.

I would recommend using the Dungeon Finder tool and do some quests in there while possibly getting some gear. All the quests for each dungeon will be right at the beginning, so no need to travel the world to find all the quests.

I'm back

Is it just me or does that dumb WoW launcher keep updating

Gonna try to get some of that Shattering done before Cata tomorrow

From what I understand they are sending out small updates to fix things and get data out as needed to help ease the pain of server start up at 3 A.M. and at this point there is nothing you can do that you can't do after tomorrow. You missed the world events leading up to the Shattering.

---------- Post added December-6th-2010 at 09:32 AM ----------

Updated the OP with important release information and some tips to possibly help out.

Please keep ****ing to a minimum about how laggy it is or if you can't login because it will be highly annoying.

I've got my preorder at GameStop, and I'll probably pick it up tomorrow, but my computer is going in the shop. I need this thing in top shape for when I start throwing my life away $15 at a time. I probably won't even try to log in for at least a couple weeks after the launch, in order to let the mob clear out, and for Blizzard to clean up the glitches.

I've got my preorder at GameStop, and I'll probably pick it up tomorrow, but my computer is going in the shop. I need this thing in top shape for when I start throwing my life away $15 at a time. I probably won't even try to log in for at least a couple weeks after the launch, in order to let the mob clear out, and for Blizzard to clean up the glitches.

Something tells me this will be the smoothest release for them. They have been pumping out data for weeks now with hot fixes and updates as needed. 4.0.3a was a smooth patch release.

Something tells me this will be the smoothest release for them. They have been pumping out data for weeks now with hot fixes and updates as needed. 4.0.3a was a smooth patch release.

We'll know in the next 72 hours, personally I hope so, because I really don't want to listen to 40,000 Wowheads losing their minds on every forum from Facebook to Wikileaks. :ols:

We'll know in the next 72 hours, personally I hope so, because I really don't want to listen to 40,000 Wowheads losing their minds on every forum from Facebook to Wikileaks. :ols:

People complained with 4.0.3a and there were very few problems with it other than a day long maintenence which should be expected. I'll just sit back with some beer and laugh.

People complained with 4.0.3a and there were very few problems with it other than a day long maintenence which should be expected. I'll just sit back with some beer and laugh.

Probably picking it up Thursday, then it's leveling away. Hopefully having full raid gear will help

Probably picking it up Thursday, then it's leveling away. Hopefully having full raid gear will help

Maybe to start but stat inflation right out the gate is going to replace most of your gear soon. I did not play in BETA but just looking at some of the items available at early 80's is insane.

This is a level 81 crafted purple helm.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/59455/agile-bio-optic-killshades/

+512 Stamina

+301 Agility

+512 Stamina

+301 Agility

Holy ****ing **** Batman. I'm a little sad though...looks like replacing my purples with blue and greens will be inevitable...All excited either way to be back on an even level with my little brother.

Holy ****ing **** Batman. I'm a little sad though...looks like replacing my purples with blue and greens will be inevitable...All excited either way to be back on an even level with my little brother.

The highest iLevel gear currently in the game may last until 85 but I doubt it. I have heard the mobs hit harder so the boost to stamina will be necessary.

I recall seeing a cloth chest piece green from a quest that had over 200 stam and over 200 intellect. I believe it was a level 81 quest.

We are going to be looking at tanks with over 100,000 health at level 85.

This is so stupid

I can't update anything it's too difficult...I can't understanada these new builds

For instance before 4.0.1 I was Blood DPS, now Blood is allegedly tanking so I have to change to Frost or Unholy and I don't know which to switch to

I have a 2h DPS weapon, no 1h weapons

This is so stupid

I can't update anything it's too difficult...I can't understanada these new builds

For instance before 4.0.1 I was Blood DPS, now Blood is allegedly tanking so I have to change to Frost or Unholy and I don't know which to switch to

I have a 2h DPS weapon, no 1h weapons

Blood is tanking and requires a 2H weapon. They wanted a dedicated tanking tree with tanking talents and abilities, which Dks lacked. They could tank with any tree before patch 4.0 but most were choosing Frost because of Howling Blast. Blood was the obvious choice to be made into a dedicated tree because it offered DKs healing to themselves because they don't rely on the same stats as other tanks.

Frost can be 2H or Dual Weild DPS. I believe it is for big numbers but I don't play frost on my DK.

Unholy is 2H DPS all the way and is your best AOE DPS spec. This is what I play.

It is really simple.

Archived